River Deep Mountain High - Game Thread

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
mtrax

Post by mtrax » 28 June 07 12:12 pm

I guess looks ok when you see it like that but if you miss a weekend or three and most of the caches you want to do are difficult it means
depends to keep the game you need to ensure 20 reqs as any less then it becomes too easy to get high scores.
Probably after winter sports season might be easier for me personally although there might be people in spring with similar issues
<br>
how about 20 in 3 months which is 1 per week.

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 28 June 07 12:31 pm

It is a game, not a multi-cache. :lol: Time and strategy are intergral components......three months is dragging on for too long for my liking.

Must check up on my progress and see how many more i need to find before the cut-off time. :wink:

mm

THENANKS
1550 or more caches found

Post by THENANKS » 28 June 07 2:07 pm

We agree that this has been a well thought out and administrated game. :D What we all have to remember is that participation is optional and it may not suit every geocacher. There is no pressure put on any team to finish all 20 requirements, except by themselves. :? Prizes are not important to us but they are an added bonus for those who earn them. :P As a family team we would love to see a "kid friendly" competition. Some (most) of the caches that River Deep encouraged us to tackle were ones where the geoboys had to be left out. :cry: It would take a bit of thought, but a junior oriented comp would be fantastic fun for all family teams I'm sure. <center>Requirements such as: </center> <center>find a cache that is kid friendly; </center> <center>find a cache with a difficulty and terrain that adds to 3;</center> <center> have a photo taken with a dog at a cache; </center> <center>ride your bike to a cache; </center> <center>organise/attend an event with kids activities; </center> <center>take a school friend on a cache hunt; etc etc. </center> What are people's thoughts please? Once again this kind of competition would not appeal to all or be suitable for every team, but it would cater for some of those who were left out of this one. :P :P :P :P Cheers Mrs NANKS

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 28 June 07 4:01 pm

If you chat to mr C@W, he might host it if you want to run it!

Cheesy pigs
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Cheesy pigs » 28 June 07 5:35 pm

mtrax wrote:I guess looks ok when you see it like that but if you miss a weekend or three and most of the caches you want to do are difficult it means
depends to keep the game you need to ensure 20 reqs as any less then it becomes too easy to get high scores.
Probably after winter sports season might be easier for me personally although there might be people in spring with similar issues
<br>
how about 20 in 3 months which is 1 per week.
Yeah winter causes some problems in Tasmania too
Browns river Kingston 24/6/07
theres caches up there!!!

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 28 June 07 6:35 pm

Aaaaaahhhhhh Tasmania
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

McPhan
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by McPhan » 28 June 07 6:43 pm

THENANKS wrote:Some (most) of the caches that River Deep encouraged us to tackle were ones where the geoboys had to be left out.
Only if you like them :D :D :D I took mine :twisted:

My reward for finishing is the cute little starry thing between the 20 and Finished.

smerrall

Post by smerrall » 28 June 07 11:21 pm

McPhan wrote: My reward for finishing is the cute little starry thing between the 20 and Finished.
A reward I won't be able to achieve. A great start then ... nothing. Hopefully the caches I did get won't spoil next year's competition - perhaps I'll even be allowed to take day or two off work.

homedg

Post by homedg » 28 June 07 11:25 pm

Do it NANKS!
I'll register!!!!!

JackHenry
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by JackHenry » 28 June 07 11:38 pm

It seems there is another River Deep, Mountain High in Australia.

THENANKS

Post by THENANKS » 28 June 07 11:54 pm

homedg wrote:Do it NANKS!
I'll register!!!!!
:shock: Oh gosh! The pressure is on now! :shock: One of the miniNANKS, the 9 year old computer geek, is so excited at the possibility! He has already started developing a website!!!! :shock: (As you do when you are 9!) I have NO idea how he does it, but I'm hoping that one day he'll be able to fix my computers. :lol: :lol: For those interested (and I'm told it is only in the very beginning phase) visit this link. http://www.freewebs.com/cachingeventstest/

shuecrew

Post by shuecrew » 29 June 07 4:24 am

Hi. Just wanted to write a note and say thanks to the organizers of RDMH. I joined very late and really never got a chance to get out and make the finds I needed to - but I really enjoyed playing. It's well thought out and very creative. thanks again, and looking forward to the next game!

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 29 June 07 12:13 pm

JackHenry wrote:It seems there is another River Deep, Mountain High in Australia.
And the difference between what they do and what some of us did for high points in the competition would be???
(Ours wuz free) :D
I always get a chuckle from these sites, things I totally take for granted, bushwalking, caving, climbing having a 'special' company that helps you do these 'special' activities. Reminds me of the restaurant scene in Monty Pythons 'Meaning of Life'.
Good on 'em though, encouraging people out of the cities and into the real world. It must be weird if you have never done these things before. :)

allrounder
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by allrounder » 29 June 07 12:43 pm

<p>i'd like to add my thanks to the organisers as well...

<p>even though i didn't complete all 20 requirements, i had a great time planning caches i probably wouldn't have done anytime soon!

<p>particularly enjoyed the make a new mate one as well as doing the 4 elements one...

<p>THANKS!!!

Shifter Brains
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by Shifter Brains » 29 June 07 6:12 pm

We completed our last two requirements today, and also want to thank the organisers. We participated in last years game also and have thoroughly enjoyed planning and completing the caches.</p>
Thanks for the fun. :D