ROC - Mission Impossible - Winners = Team Booya.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bronze

ROC - Mission Impossible - Winners = Team Booya.

Post by Bronze » 11 June 07 11:25 am

Yes folks. Booya do it again against some very stiff competition indeed. With a merging of team there were several competitors attending the Red Ochre Mission Impossible Event Weekend at Dubbo. The formidable force of Team Booya were unstoppable (well actually they did stop once for a snooze) and if the weekend wasn't different each year could have broken a record, if we kept records that is.

I'll let President and 1st Lady elaborate on the placing and who what what for what but I thought I'd just secure place in General Chat first.

Let me also take the opportunity to say in the first post a huge thank you to Alex at Cartographics for the prizes. The competitors were not disappointed and it added a nice touch to the weekend and presentations.
Home safe and sound,(some of you were doubting the mighty Lux Trux there for a while, but she held out!) exhausted(excuse the pun), stuffed, tired and, buggered! .What an AWESOME weekend!!.. ....... Congratulations & THANKS to all who organized, assisted, helped, and hindered, to make the weekend go so smooth, We really appreciated the work that you guys put in to make our weekend so challenging?? or is that bloody hard??(seem to get easier as we went,though or was that sleep deprivation kicking in ?).I had a ball, meet lots of great people, put some faces to names and just had fun, ain't that what it's all about!!!!! Cheers & thanks again See you next year!! ............Driver: Team Un-Scene..............AKA Mr Unbreakable!!! :wink
Another Awesome Event by the Red Ochre Team, even if I have to say so myself, but there will be a few teams here soon that will agree with me.

President and First Lady organised and hosted excellent event. Great fun and frivolity was had by all (I think). This will be the last Red Ochre Queens Birthday Weekend event held in Dubbo for a while with the next one claimed by Mix, same time different place next year.

A gallery will go up soon so stay tuned. In the mean time for those who attended feel free to post your stories and thanks to Pres and 1st Lady. For those who didn't get to go seize the opportunity to state how jealous and/or thankful you are you didn't get to go.

The Bronze.

sc00t
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by sc00t » 11 June 07 6:13 pm

hey hey....third time lucky for Team Booya!!!
<p>
We have just got home (spent the night in Bathurst), so we are still tired, just not wet and cold anymore!!! Haven't had time to log caches, get photos off the camera or anything but there is always time to check the forum.:D
<p>
A huge thanks to members of ROC who helped put on another great event. Special thanks to Pres and 1st lady for the brilliant effort they put in. Thanks to Cartographics for the wonderful prizes they supplied, we look forward to putting ours to good use!!
<br>
Every year on the 6 hour drive to Dubbo we wonder "Just what will they do to us next?". And every year we have had a fantastic and unique adventure. We only did one cache the whole weekend but with 3 hours sleep we were kept very very busy, damn Poison, fishing line and icy swimming pools!!:lol: It seems alot of thought went into this by all involved and Team Booya enjoyed all 24 hours of it.
<p>
We are very much looking forward to what Mix can conjure up for next year, so if we dont see you in the meantime, see you up North in a year.
<p>
Thanks again
Sc00t
on behalf of the rest of the Team - Twisties, Tonez, Brownie and Pembo

Postman Pat
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Postman Pat » 11 June 07 8:46 pm

I would also like to and my thanks for the event and to the Sponsors. and thanks also to the rain gods as this year it only rained to early Saturday morning :lol: :lol:

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 11 June 07 8:55 pm

Awww, I missed out!

The SECS (SA) event was awesome, but I missed being in Dubbo again.

There's always next year! Although it sounds like it might be moving further afield...

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 11 June 07 9:39 pm

Cached wrote:Awww, I missed out!

The SECS (SA) event was awesome, but I missed being in Dubbo again.

There's always next year! Although it sounds like it might be moving further afield...
You certainly missed a TOP weekend !

Shifter Brains
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by Shifter Brains » 11 June 07 10:26 pm

Well done Team Booya.</p>
Also congrats to Postman Pat and Team Unscene who were the only other groups to complete all mission objectives. :D </p>

We decided sleep was more important than completing one of the missions, as the members of Brethren of the Coast were getting a bit glassy eyed (the littlest one had already been asleep for a while in the car). :shock: </p>

A hugh thank you to Pres and First Lady who did a great job organisng the event. Ably assisted by Bronze, Team Bluedog, Team Pi and Mix. :D

unbreakables
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by unbreakables » 11 June 07 10:38 pm

What I said earlier, but in a different place!
Thanks Again all !!!
Except for the flu that I have brought home!!!!!
But it was worth it!!!!!
Cheers.....

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 11 June 07 10:59 pm

Shifter Brains wrote: Also congrats to Postman Pat and Team Unscene who were the only other groups to complete all mission objectives. :D
Thanx Shifter :)

Postman Pat

Post by Postman Pat » 12 June 07 2:29 pm

Shifter Brains wrote: Also congrats to Postman Pat and Team Unscene who were the only other groups to complete all mission objectives. :D
thank you from me to Mr Shifter

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 12 June 07 2:49 pm

There is an event gallery at http://gallery.geocaching.com.au/mi-d-2007

I'll have to congratulate one of the team unseen members for his extraordinary dedication to the cause by having not one, but two attempts at retrieving the instructions at a slightly damp waypoint during one of the night missions. I'm sorry, I can't give any more than the bare facts.
Last edited by riblit on 12 June 07 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unbreakables
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by unbreakables » 12 June 07 3:13 pm

riblit wrote:There is an event gallery at http://gallery.geocaching.com.au/mi-d-2007.
And we don't need to see that again, I am still trying to get the original vision out of my head, Scary stuff :lol: :lol:

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 12 June 07 6:16 pm

404 Not Found Error wrote:Re: http://gallery.geocaching.com.au/mi-d-2007.

Not Found

The requested URL /mi-d-2007. was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

unbreakables
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by unbreakables » 12 June 07 6:43 pm

Bronze wrote:
404 Not Found Error wrote:Re: http://gallery.geocaching.com.au/mi-d-2007.

Not Found

The requested URL /mi-d-2007. was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
thats what i meant, the old 404 error, not sure what went on there?!?!?!?!

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 12 June 07 7:28 pm

see, Pesky knew to remove the .