Cache page maps

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
The Ginger Loon
450 or more roots tripped over

Cache page maps

Post by The Ginger Loon » 25 November 06 12:03 am

I'm in the process of updating the wiki | Cache Page and I'm wondering if someone can add / fix / amend the bit about the Plot that displays at the bottom of a page. Specifically what the different coloured dots represent. I think I've worked it out, but I'm not entirely sure I've got it all covered. :?

On a slightly related matter I'm wondering if there are any plans to add other maps to the cache page.

If you go Caches / View All then select World and then select any country *other than Australia, NZ or Indonesia * the map at the bottom of the page always displays AU, NZ or ID. Not very handy if you are looking for a cache in Norway. :wink:

This is not mega important at the moment as there doesn't seem to be any GCA caches in countries other than AU, but who knows what the future may bring. 8)

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 25 November 06 1:33 am

They put Indonesia in? Fantastic - off to fix my caches...

edit - not yet - mind you, real low on the list stuff.

I have two GCA caches in Bali.

caughtatwork

Re: Cache page maps

Post by caughtatwork » 25 November 06 9:58 am

The Ginger Loon wrote:I'm in the process of updating the wiki | Cache Page and I'm wondering if someone can add / fix / amend the bit about the Plot that displays at the bottom of a page. Specifically what the different coloured dots represent. I think I've worked it out, but I'm not entirely sure I've got it all covered. :?
Updated.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 25 November 06 12:15 pm

The Ginger Loon wrote:On a slightly related matter I'm wondering if there are any plans to add other maps to the cache page.

If you go Caches / View All then select World and then select any country *other than Australia, NZ or Indonesia * the map at the bottom of the page always displays AU, NZ or ID. Not very handy if you are looking for a cache in Norway. :wink:

This is not mega important at the moment as there doesn't seem to be any GCA caches in countries other than AU, but who knows what the future may bring. 8)
Good point.
There will be an update in teh next release to display an "anz" map if the cache is local, otherwise a "world" map if the cache is not in the ANZ region.

The Ginger Loon

Post by The Ginger Loon » 26 November 06 9:57 pm

caughtatwork wrote: Updated.
Thanks!!! 8)

The Ginger Loon

Post by The Ginger Loon » 26 November 06 9:59 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Good point.
There will be an update in teh next release to display an "anz" map if the cache is local, otherwise a "world" map if the cache is not in the ANZ region.
Thanks again! 8)