Caching weekend in Qld

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
aandm
400 or more spectacular views seen

Caching weekend in Qld

Post by aandm » 10 January 04 10:30 am

We are looking at hosting a caching/camping weekend in sunny Qld. Our suggested location for camping is Crows Nest National Park. We think it should be on a Qld long weekend possibly Anzac day (24th, 25th, 26th April) or Labour day (1st, 2nd, 3rd May). I'm not sure if Qld long weekends correspond with any in other states. Anyone interested? If so, we will need to get things going for bookings of campsites etc.
Cheers
AandM

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 10 January 04 3:29 pm

Hi Guys,

We are interested for sure. We were planning on coming up for a long weekend to take the kids to Seaworld. We missed it when we were on Holiday as we had the Diesel Dog with us. I see in my Diary that neither weekend is long in NSW. Whatever weekend you choose I will endeavour to come up and set a day aside or get a day from work to take the kids to Seaworld.

Bronze.

baseline benny

Post by baseline benny » 13 January 04 2:16 pm

Unsure yet if those date suit, but am VERY interested in coming along.

Baseline Benny.

aandm

Post by aandm » 11 February 04 12:09 am

OK The caching weekend with camping is officially ON! To take place over
the Anzac Day long weekend 24-26 April 2004. Here is the text of the
event cache that I have uploaded to gc.com and has now been approved :

Welcome to the Crows Nest Weekend. An informal camping weekend for local and visiting Geocachers! Located in a pleasant campground with good facilities near to the city of Toowoomba in Queensland, gateway to the Darling Downs.

This event is a social get-together. We are planning a "caching challenge" on the Sunday, and there are some local caches nearby to be hunted. Essentially we are looking to have a relaxed weekend of camping with some caching fun.

The campground is located just outside the town of Crows Nest (S27 15.667 E152 03.304). A PDF visitors information sheet can be found here: http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/publications/ ... l_Park.pdf

We are planning to arrive on the Friday night (23/04/2003). To allow for those traveling we are not planning any formal activities on the Saturday, so it is a day for general local caching, bush walking and relaxing.

On Saturday for those that have arrived, we are planning to have lunch at the Pub in Crows Nest

On Sunday the caching challenge will be held in the park with a trophy for the successful team.

If you would like to join us, you can book via the QPWS office in Toowoomba
158 Hume St Toowoomba, Ph (07) 4639 4599 Fax (07) 4639 4524. There are only approx 12 campsites at Crows Nest and they book out quickly.

Hope to see you there! Andrew & Maryan.

So if you would like to join us for the weekend, call the above number , book a site - and log your interest on the event cache.

Will see you there we hope !

Andrew and Maryan.