Error in CheatiSearch database [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Dooghan

Error in CheatiSearch database [closed]

Post by Dooghan » 12 April 03 8:19 pm

found an error in your database. Typed in the postcode for Rockhampton (4700) and got back the results of Rockhampton, Great Kepple Island and Port Curtis. When I clicked on the planner for Port Curtis it show me a map of the body of water named Port Curtis (100km away) not the town of Port Curtis. This would put that body of water in another postcade. Port Curtis happens to be part of the City of Rockhampton. Only about 2 to 3 km of the heart of the City. The only time its a port is when Rocky get a flood so figure that one out. So when you have the time could you change the lat and long to 23s 25 150e 31<br><br>

Dooghan<br><br>Image

ideology

Post by ideology » 13 April 03 12:28 pm

yes we saw your note on the page
we were going to wait until we released the new maps/searching functions which allow everyone to update waypoints, but we'll do it now

Dooghan

Post by Dooghan » 13 April 03 7:28 pm

Was not sure if you did or did not see my note. But thanks anyway<br><br>Dooghan

Two Goth Geeks
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: TwoGothGeeks

Post by Two Goth Geeks » 14 April 03 12:28 pm

I was going to look for caches in Taree (2430) but geocaching.com finds another 2430 on the Central coast. :?

ideology

Post by ideology » 15 April 03 8:10 am

ha, there's probably lots of errors like that
(you should have seen the shinky data that we started off with...)
if you hang on a bit we'll launch the editable database where everyone will be able to correct all that type of stuff