Are We Getting Lazy?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
rhinogeo
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found
Twitter: rhinogeo

Post by rhinogeo » 14 November 05 11:59 am

<p>I see your Tower 126 elevation profile and raise you a CatherineÂ’s Cradle elevation profile :twisted: </p>
Image[/img]

cheeeeese2001

Post by cheeeeese2001 » 14 November 05 1:06 pm

GIN51E wrote:Done,

Very much worth the effort, suggest a few other's get out and stretch their legs.

don't let the track profile scare you in anyway.
:shock:
Well done GIN51E. Would've been warm.

Hounddog
500 or more caches logged

Post by Hounddog » 16 November 05 10:26 am

GIN51E wrote:
bigmickb wrote:
GIN51E wrote:I was going to get that one this upcomming Saturday :cry:
You still can! It's well worth the effort. I look forward to reading your log.
Done,

Very much worth the effort, suggest a few other's get out and stretch their legs.

don't let the track profile scare you in anyway.
:shock: <P>
<P>
:twisted:
Well Done GIN51E

The graphic is very interesting. What it proves is that......, yes..... those hills really were there on the way to the cache. :D

Hounddog

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 16 November 05 4:39 pm

Was just reading this thread and the logs for Tower 126, and after reading Bigmickb's log
Well, after having Sydney's collective geocaching manhood called into question by Hounddog in the forums a few days earlier, there was only one way to respond to this! Let's attempt one of the biggest and nastiest geocaches going around - Tower 126! A cache so fearsome, it had not seen a visitor in over 18 months!
I realised that I didn't mention one point in my orginal log, Mrs Clare Gecko did the walk with me for the virgin find. Though a picture of her looking for the cache does appear on the website.

I will be doing a repeat walk very shortly in that same area, keep an eye out on the GCA NSW Cache list, there may be reasons to return there, but alternate entry points may also be possible.

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 16 November 05 5:29 pm

swampgecko wrote:Was just reading this thread and the logs for Tower 126, and after reading Bigmickb's log
Well, after having Sydney's collective geocaching manhood called into question by Hounddog in the forums a few days earlier, there was only one way to respond to this! Let's attempt one of the biggest and nastiest geocaches going around - Tower 126! A cache so fearsome, it had not seen a visitor in over 18 months!
I realised that I didn't mention one point in my orginal log, Mrs Clare Gecko did the walk with me for the virgin find. Though a picture of her looking for the cache does appear on the website.

I will be doing a repeat walk very shortly in that same area, keep an eye out on the GCA NSW Cache list, there may be reasons to return there, but alternate entry points may also be possible.
:shock: I'm not doing it again

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 16 November 05 6:14 pm

GIN51E wrote:
swampgecko wrote:Was just reading this thread and the logs for Tower 126, and after reading Bigmickb's log

:shock: I'm not doing it again
but alternate entry points may also be possible. a watercraft of some form may also be helpful

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 16 November 05 8:34 pm

thats ok as long as there is somewhere to park a 5m boat :D

swampgecko

Post by swampgecko » 16 November 05 10:34 pm

GIN51E wrote:thats ok as long as there is somewhere to park a 5m boat :D
ever heard of Gentleman's Halt?

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 16 November 05 10:56 pm

swampgecko wrote:ever heard of Gentleman's Halt?
There's a pub in the area?

bigmickb
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by bigmickb » 16 November 05 11:18 pm

riblit wrote:
swampgecko wrote:ever heard of Gentleman's Halt?
There's a pub in the area?
Woo Hoo! Deal me in!

BTW, I don't think I congratulated you GIN51E on the Tower. Congrats!

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 17 November 05 7:10 am

swampgecko wrote:
GIN51E wrote:thats ok as long as there is somewhere to park a 5m boat :D
ever heard of Gentleman's Halt?
Ring's a bell but i can't remember where i've heard/seen it

Hounddog

Post by Hounddog » 17 November 05 9:06 am

Gentleman's Halt is the final destination of the the track that leads you to Tower 126. I didn't put a cache right out there because I wasn't sure if there was an easy way up from the water and if so that would mean that people could cheat and do it by boat.

Even Panorama has been done in this way. I feel that anyone who does it by boat has cheated even though there is nothing in the rules to say that you have to do it on foot.

Eveyone has their own resources at hand. Another cache I know of has been done by foot so he could complain about the person whio later did it by 2wd car, then he could complain about the person whio later did it by 4wheel drive car, then he could complain about the person who later did it by boat and then they all can complain aboit the person who later did it by helicopter. :D

Wyoming Wombats

Post by Wyoming Wombats » 17 November 05 12:57 pm

Another cache I know of has been done by foot so he could complain about the person whio later did it by 2wd car, then he could complain about the person whio later did it by 4wheel drive car, then he could complain about the person who later did it by boat and then they all can complain aboit the person who later did it by helicopter.
<P>
We used to Dreeeaaam of walking to a cache. When we were children we had to crawl to a cache with barbed wire wrapped around our ankles whilst we were eating red hot gravel. <br>Walking??? - You were lucky.<P>(Oh dear, I've probably started something now.) :D

GIN51E
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by GIN51E » 17 November 05 1:03 pm

nothing wrong with a good long bush walk, except i'll only ever do it once, and if i then have to go back i'm going to find alternate transportation

SNIFTER

Post by SNIFTER » 17 November 05 1:41 pm

All cachers should ask Santa for a mountain bike if they don't have one already. :D