Finding your own cache's

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 02 November 05 1:36 pm

The Rats wrote:Please - logging a find against your own cache!!!! What does that acheive other than furthering (if thats a word) your own count. Part of caching is the thrill of the chase, the excitement of finding the unknown. Where's that when your hunting for your own cache, that you hid.<P>Say 'NO' to logging a find against your own caches. :evil:
So in your world I wouldn't be able to find a cache that I own but did not hide???

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 02 November 05 9:08 pm

Zytheran wrote:Piggy,
If you don't log your finds how do you remember what you've found??
:shock:
Umm, Next quesion please...

Nah I just colour them in ozi or gsak, if I can be bothered.
I also have a photographic memory which tends to help.

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 03 November 05 7:04 pm

The Rats wrote:Please - logging a find against your own cache!!!! What does that acheive other than furthering (if thats a word) your own count. Part of caching is the thrill of the chase, the excitement of finding the unknown. Where's that when your hunting for your own cache, that you hid.<P>Say 'NO' to logging a find against your own caches. :evil:
With Mr Rat on this one :!:

Hounddog
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Hounddog » 04 November 05 12:00 am

I have always been reluctant to do it, but I have often thought of logging finds on my Trig cache. In the interest of keeping the peace I haven't done so but I personaly can't see any harm in it as long as I stick by the same rules.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 04 November 05 11:45 am

With a locationless like That's the Trig or an event cache like EcoDave's Claustral Canyon, even the cache setter has to go to some effort and doesn't have prior knowledge of where the target is. In that case, the task was no easier for them than another finder, so I personally would have no issue with them logging a find. On the other hand, there are people who don't own a cache and log a find even though they were there when it was placed, which is a little dodgy to me.

_BUT_, it really doesn't matter in the end. Do what works for you, which might even take popular opinion into account. :)

- Rog

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 04 November 05 12:47 pm

Hounddog wrote:I have always been reluctant to do it, but I have often thought of logging finds on my Trig cache. In the interest of keeping the peace I haven't done so but I personaly can't see any harm in it as long as I stick by the same rules.
This is to us is different as you did not hide the trig! So because you thought of it , it is still not truely a cache ( is but not ) so log away!

Effrem

Post by Effrem » 06 November 05 7:42 pm

I wouldnt/havent even consider doing that, after all you are only cheating yourself.

But I would double dip as a team member (once as team and once as individual), that way your finds reflect your actual finds, rather than disadvantaging you as a team member(in total finds).

Eff

xf king
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by xf king » 07 November 05 8:16 pm

NO
NO
NO
NO..

My thinking is that this is cheating, so a person that has 70 caches out can log 70 extra finds.. nooo..

ps.. who cares how many you have found. Just have fun while your out there.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 08 November 05 3:53 pm

xf king wrote:My thinking is that this is cheating, so a person that has 70 caches out can log 70 extra finds.. nooo..

ps.. who cares how many you have found. Just have fun while your out there.
That always strikes me as contradictory. Either no one cares, or it's cheating.

To my mind, it doesn't matter, so it's not possible to cheat.

Of course, if someone logged 70 of their own caches, they'd be socially disqualified, if not lynched, but not out of a sense that they'd been cheating, just not playing nice.

- Rog