Queensland Satellite Imagery / Maps / etc

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
The Garner Family
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Queensland Satellite Imagery / Maps / etc

Post by The Garner Family » 04 March 05 3:15 pm

A newly available site that may be of use courtesy of Information Queensland:

http://gis.qld.gov.au/iqed/map/

Can you find your house? I find mine.

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 05 March 05 12:08 am

Great... :lol: :lol:

Finally some online Qld data that is not limited to only SE Qld :lol:

Hey, Do you know if it possible that this data can be used with Oziexplorer by using MapRequest (ie does it use ArcIMS ?)

Regards

Agsmky

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 05 March 05 6:22 am

Nice, just checked out where we use to be up in God's own... FNQ that is :wink: none of his SEQ stuff for me :twisted:

Geoforce 5

Post by Geoforce 5 » 06 March 05 2:18 am

What a great weblink - Just saved me going outside with the tape measure to work out my fenceline lengths.

aandm
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by aandm » 06 March 05 1:00 pm

Interesting site. I found our place.
M

Ebenezer
150 or more caches found
150 or more caches found

Post by Ebenezer » 06 March 05 3:01 pm

agsmky wrote:Hey, Do you know if it possible that this data can be used with Oziexplorer by using MapRequest (ie does it use ArcIMS ?)
Sorry - it does not use ArcIMS or WMS, and as such it won't work with MapRequest. Maybe in a later release...

Map Monkey

Post by Map Monkey » 06 March 05 7:43 pm

Thanks for following this up Ben......

Andrew

Map Monkey

Post by Map Monkey » 25 March 05 8:07 am

Is it just me or have they canned this project :? :shock:

This link now seems to point towards Information Queensland :cry: Just when i thought we were catching up with the other states ... :roll:

Agsmky

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 25 March 05 9:28 am

agsmky wrote:Is it just me or have they canned this project :? :shock:

This link now seems to point towards Information Queensland :cry: Just when i thought we were catching up with the other states ... :roll:

Agsmky
They have made a small change to see if Queenslanders can read and follow links. :evil:

Map Monkey

Post by Map Monkey » 25 March 05 9:34 am

Riblit,

I don't get ya :? Every time i select the link from the "Information Qld" page, either in the second paragraph, or the first dot point on the right, it returns me to the same page. Did you click these links and go somewhere differerent :shock:

Or is there another link i am missing :roll:

Agsmky

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 25 March 05 9:43 am

agsmky wrote:Riblit,

I don't get ya :? Every time i select the link from the "Information Qld" page, either in the second paragraph, or the first dot point on the right, it returns me to the same page. Did you click these links and go somewhere differerent :shock:

Or is there another link i am missing :roll:

Agsmky
I just pinched this from the page.

<p><i>
To promote the initiative and showcase an example of integrated information delivery via the internet, IQ developed a <a href="http://gis.qld.gov.au/iqed/map/">demonstration online atlas</a>
with simple searching capabilities and a mapping tool, which can be
used to find information about Queensland regions, councils, towns,
suburbs and properties.</i> </p>
<p>When I clicked on the link I got an interactive map page titled "Information Queensland - Interactive Mapping" showing a map of Queensland</p>

Map Monkey

Post by Map Monkey » 25 March 05 9:59 am

That's what i was referring to when i mentioned the second paragraph, however i keep going back to the same "info Qld" page not the suggested link. :? Have you been there before and/or done a refresh of the Information Queensland Online Atlas page as this new page has appeared instead the maps :cry:

At great expense i also dumped all my Temporary Internet Files and Cookies just to troubleshoot and it still sends me back to the Ifo Qld page.
Strangely enough the Map Window works not the main page

Riblit, could you confirm this after refreshing the webpage....Thanks mate. :lol:

Agsmky

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 25 March 05 6:29 pm

agsmky wrote:That's what i was referring to when i mentioned the second paragraph, however i keep going back to the same "info Qld" page not the suggested link. :? Have you been there before and/or done a refresh of the Information Queensland Online Atlas page as this new page has appeared instead the maps :cry:

At great expense i also dumped all my Temporary Internet Files and Cookies just to troubleshoot and it still sends me back to the Ifo Qld page.
Strangely enough the Map Window works not the main page

Riblit, could you confirm this after refreshing the webpage....Thanks mate. :lol:

Agsmky
Would you by any chance be running Norton Internet Security?<br>It looks like a referer string issue. If I try from the link I put in this thread I get the 'Information Queensland' page, if I follow the link there I get the map. As both links go to the same place, the only difference is the referer string.

Map Monkey

Post by Map Monkey » 25 March 05 7:21 pm

Ssshhh...don't tell anyone but i don't run any (good) firewalls or virus software. :wink: I only have the basic windows firewall running which i have never touched..

If i understand this problem properly, you also have the same problem albeit 1/2 as bad :lol: Since i have not touched any settings and doesn't seem to handle the referer string properly, I'm off to try a better browser than the default one :twisted: Seems like they don't want to link to the page directly anymore :roll:

Update: A new browser seems to have fixed their problem (even though it may be the site itself :? ) Now where did i see Lt_Snipers add-on :twisted: :lol:

Thanks Riblit for your help...It's amazing what an ugly green frog can do :roll:

Agsmky

riblit
It's the journey.
It's the journey.

Post by riblit » 25 March 05 10:39 pm

agsmky wrote:
If i understand this problem properly, you also have the same problem albeit 1/2 as bad :lol: Since i have not touched any settings and doesn't seem to handle the referer string properly, I'm off to try a better browser than the default one :twisted: Seems like they don't want to link to the page directly anymore :roll:

'''

Thanks Riblit for your help...It's amazing what an ugly green frog can do :roll:

Agsmky
You misunderstand. I don't have the problem here if I go the way they want me to get there. Its only when I short ciircuit the trip that it throws me back to start.<br>
It don't know for sure that it is a referer string problem without having access to the site code. It may be something completly different.<br> I use firefox as my default browser - I did check in both firefox and ie.