I call a truce!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Lt. Sniper
Outdoor Adventurer

I call a truce!

Post by Lt. Sniper » 20 February 05 3:21 am

The forums are for a discussion about the fun sport we all play and it needs to stay that way. I am staying out of any form of argument surrounding GC.com, its features, its general services and what people think of it, its owner, or how its run, what goes on in its forums, its forums users, its premium services, where the money goes etc etc.

It would also be nice for the many people who have expressed to me via PM or email their dislike for the ‘general GC bashing’ that goes on in here, if it could stop.

A forum a great place for a discussion, especially for our different outdoor sport where people from all over the country can get together. Not everyoneÂ’s always going to agree with everyone else, which is to be expected, but there is a difference between creative criticism and slurring (slander, bashing, smearing, insult etc, quote a dictionary all you like, your all smart enough to realise what I am talking about)

I am sure everyone can agree with this, lets keep it civil and enjoy the game at hand.

Alex
aka Lt. Sniper

Â….now where did I put that GPS? :)

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 20 February 05 3:29 am

Groovy 8)

The Bronze.
"I couldn't repair you brakes so I made your horn louder"

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 20 February 05 3:10 pm

People have been arguing? :shock:

The only difference between arguing and discussing is ones perception...

I've never argued with anyone! :P

EcoDave :)

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 21 February 05 9:58 pm

Pesky! wrote:( thi s space left intentionally blank)
Now... Here's the big question... Did Pesky intentionally make a joke, or was that just another typo??? :lol: :lol:

You know I don't mean it really Pesky... :lol:

xf king
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by xf king » 21 February 05 10:58 pm

I dont know how some people could call things I say as an argument, I was only expressing my opionion and nobody has to take it seriously, personally I like to get my word out but I dont mind if people dont agree, and i wont try and win people over by entering the post again and making a comment into a full blown argument. I understand that some things I have said over the past week has made some people angry, I have delted these comments and im sorry to anyone that has been hurt by any of this. From now on I will keep my personal put downs of any geocaching related sites to myself.
So i'm also calling for a truce, no moreput downs of any of the geocaching website. Unless im asked if I like a certian new upgrade or look of a site etc.. It will be either a yes or no from now on with no big crap attached.
Matty B

Team Piggy

Post by Team Piggy » 22 February 05 10:16 am

I see it as free speech, I think everyone should look at the fact the AU boards arent moderated like the US ones.

Free speech just doesnt happen over there.....

Not everyone is going to be happy all the time, and sometimes venting or discussing their feelings here (publicly) makes them feel better, or helps others/them to understand and discuss options/problems/fixes etc.

If everyone starts complaining and "forcing" people to moderate their threads, we may as well all go on the other board and save i! a hell of a lot of time & money on wasted $erver space.

If you dont like whats said, easy, dont open that thread again. (But we know you will :wink: )...

Team Piggy

Re: I call a truce!

Post by Team Piggy » 22 February 05 10:25 am

Lt. Sniper wrote:The forums are for a discussion about the fun sport we all play and it needs to stay that way.
He hee hee.. They are: I was beginning to notice an off topic trend of who could post the most drivel or off-topic creation of a thread. (And Yes, most of them have nada to do with geocaching)..

You only have to read some to see what I mean... The culprits know who they are.

But the good thing, whilst there is a bit of behind the scenes talk about, "these WAY off topic" threads, thats where they stay, no-one complains publicly because they respect "free-speech".

Everyone here is welcomed to post whatever they like, some will go for, and some will go against in reply statuses. Thats called creative discussion.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 22 February 05 12:14 pm

Hey Bronze, we need a teapot over here, quick! :twisted:

- Rog

dcr
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by dcr » 22 February 05 1:08 pm

Roughly sticking to the topic, one of the guys I was having a good argument with on the GC forums regarding "That cache!" ;) is now my Sponsor over at TerraCaching.com.

A difference of opinion on a topic can lead to a broader view of the issue.
As long as the discussions stay civil, the discussion shouldn't be offensive (?).

I think Broze should stop discriminating ..."We want coffee pots! We want coffee pots!"

cheers Darren :)

Slider & Smurf
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by Slider & Smurf » 22 February 05 1:41 pm

The other thing to remember is that plain old text can be interpreted several ways - and not necessarily how you intended, because you don't have visual cues you get from talking to someone in person. This can make a joke sound like a barb if you're not careful - unless you meant it to be a barb, of course!! :wink:

Bronze

Post by Bronze » 22 February 05 9:06 pm

This ones for the Pot heads on the forum and probably has had coffee in it at some stage.

The Bronze.
"99 Percent of Lawyers give the rest a bad name"

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 22 February 05 9:49 pm

Good to see you back Bronze... I thought you'd gone off in a huff too...