Terrachacing upsetting gc.com?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Hounddog
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Hounddog » 03 February 05 7:46 pm

I still can't get over the hypocrisy of it.... :(

The good old U S of A...... land of the free, and the great White Knight for the right of "Free Speech"

So why are they still reviewing all my replies before adding them to the forum site. :!:

Free Speech.....yeah right!! :?

Lt. Sniper
Outdoor Adventurer

Post by Lt. Sniper » 03 February 05 7:56 pm

But your forgetting one thing, your not American. If your not American then they dont care.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 03 February 05 8:26 pm

Free Speech in the American Constitution only applies to Government censorship.

Non Government bodies can censor whatever they like.

Unless gc.com has become a government agency, they can do as they please. :roll:

EcoTeam
200 or more found
200 or more found
Twitter: EEVblog

Post by EcoTeam » 03 February 05 10:07 pm

Lt. Sniper wrote:But your forgetting one thing, your not American. If your not American then they dont care.
and forgetting another thing. The GC.com forum is a private forum run by a commercial company. If you want free speech, stick with Usenet I guess!

EcoDave :)

zactyl

Post by zactyl » 03 February 05 10:44 pm

Lt. Sniper wrote:But your forgetting one thing, your not American. If your not American then they dont care.
Careful with your "American" this and "American" that... we don't want to offend our Canadian, Central and South American friends ;)

My mum on her return from a recent trip to "The States" made some comment about the arrogance of a people that don't even have a name for their country... :P

Scout

Post by Scout » 04 February 05 1:00 am

Mind Socket wrote:When I saw a post from Scout, I was immediately suspicous of this person lurking in the forum, and I shouldn't have been.
I admit to lurking. I've been a member of the forum since 2003 and made only 3 posts (two yesterday). I do not post because I do not live in Australia.

I lurk to stay informed of geocaching activities in Australia. I try to be responsive to customers and that sometimes means listening, not talking. One positive result is that it led to private discussions that resulted in me modifying the GPX extension used at GPSgames.org to be more compatible with that used by geocaching.com.au.

My first post, in May, 2004 ( http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=1039 ), was in response to a report of a bug at GPSgames.org that affected Australian cache listings. The bug wasn't reported anywhere else but this forum. I learned something by lurking and fixed the problem.

Anyway, if my lurking is considered impolite, I will leave.

Mind Socket

Post by Mind Socket » 04 February 05 1:06 am

No need to leave at all, Scout! :) Really sorry if I gave that impression, I didn't mean to at all. You're clearly here for noble reasons (hindsight is a wonderful thing, ain't it), which is why I've learnt not to be unnecessarily suspicious.

Sit back, relax ... wanna beer? :p

- Rog

Lt. Sniper
Outdoor Adventurer

Post by Lt. Sniper » 04 February 05 1:47 am

zactyl wrote:Careful with your "American" this and "American" that...
Sorry, I have a go at others for being ignorant and rude and here is me doing the same thing :? Will reframe from slandering their country (no matter how arrogant... *bites tongue*)

Scout

Post by Scout » 04 February 05 1:53 am

Mind Socket wrote:Sit back, relax ... wanna beer?
I've had my share of Fosters Lager in Melbourne pubs, but that was years ago. If I'm ever back (no, when I'm back), it'll be my shout.

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 04 February 05 6:53 am

Scout wrote:
Mind Socket wrote:Sit back, relax ... wanna beer?
I've had my share of Fosters Lager in Melbourne pubs, but that was years ago. If I'm ever back (no, when I'm back), it'll be my shout.
Foster's? you really wanna know why we export that stuff now?? No self respecting Aussie will drink it... but after sampling extreme amounts of the US products.. I wonder why it is popular there, you have much better beers (mainly the smaller independant brewers) than Foster's. Thou I will admit I do enjoy MGD. I tried a Samual Adams(still getting the taste out of my mouth) in the "cheers" Bar at Boston, that was after the barman worked out where were from, and offered us Foster's.... you should have seen the look on his face when we told him to stick that stuff where the sun doesn't reach.... :shock:

Now what was the topic of this thread again :wink: Aussies upsetting Scout?? :wink:

Scout

Post by Scout » 04 February 05 7:20 am

swampgecko wrote:Foster's?
To tell the truth, I lost way too many brain cells to remember all the beers. That was just the first one that came to mind. Feel free to export any and all beers.

Slider & Smurf
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by Slider & Smurf » 04 February 05 8:45 am

Or just tell us where we can find Coopers in Seattle :cry:

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 04 February 05 2:56 pm

Slider & Smurf wrote:Or just tell us where we can find Coopers in Seattle :cry:
How about at the Kangaroo & Kiwi Pub? They have Coopers Sparkling Ale and Stout... Cheers!

Slider & Smurf
550 or more Caches found
550 or more Caches found

Post by Slider & Smurf » 04 February 05 3:27 pm

Hmmm ... our house is closer to the pub than it is to work. Now there's a quandry :lol:

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 04 February 05 3:35 pm

At least you've found it in time for the weekend...

It's amazing what you can find with Google!!!