View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 November 18 9:49 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Is it kosher??? 
Author Message
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Joined: 19 January 13 7:16 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Australian Capital Territory
GCA Found: 3224
GCA Hidden: 72
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Is it kosher???
I have seen some evidence recently of caches which look to have been logged on dates other than the date on which they were found. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but checking my dragonZone trophies recently, the thought occurred to me that maybe the late logs are being used to claim otherwise difficult trophies and the resultant points. I know how difficult it was for me to complete the 60 day streak and the fact that it is unlikely I'll get there again, let alone 90 or more days.

I'm interested in the views of others about this.


27 July 18 10:10 am
Profile E-mail
User avatar

Joined: 17 May 04 12:11 pm
Posts: 15703
Location: Melbourne
GCA Found: 1200
GCA Hidden: 332
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Is it kosher???
The simple answer is no, it is not. The date of the electronic log should be the day you physically found or hid the geocache.


27 July 18 11:33 am
Profile E-mail WWW
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Joined: 17 November 06 11:38 am
Posts: 501
GCA Found: 2100
GCA Hidden: 55
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Is it kosher???
Luckyl10n wrote:
I have seen some evidence recently of caches which look to have been logged on dates other than the date on which they were found. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but checking my dragonZone trophies recently, the thought occurred to me that maybe the late logs are being used to claim otherwise difficult trophies and the resultant points. I know how difficult it was for me to complete the 60 day streak and the fact that it is unlikely I'll get there again, let alone 90 or more days.

I'm interested in the views of others about this.


Perhaps logging finds on other than the find date relates to the grace period for allocating additional points to a cache.


27 July 18 1:09 pm
Profile
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Joined: 19 January 13 7:16 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Australian Capital Territory
GCA Found: 3224
GCA Hidden: 72
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Is it kosher???
Tuena wrote:
Luckyl10n wrote:
I have seen some evidence recently of caches which look to have been logged on dates other than the date on which they were found. I didn't think too much about it at the time, but checking my dragonZone trophies recently, the thought occurred to me that maybe the late logs are being used to claim otherwise difficult trophies and the resultant points. I know how difficult it was for me to complete the 60 day streak and the fact that it is unlikely I'll get there again, let alone 90 or more days.

I'm interested in the views of others about this.


Perhaps logging finds on other than the find date relates to the grace period for allocating additional points to a cache.


Nope, they are find logs, not just additional points allocations on the cache page.


27 July 18 5:25 pm
Profile E-mail
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Joined: 19 January 13 7:16 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Australian Capital Territory
GCA Found: 3224
GCA Hidden: 72
100 GCA Finds500 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds1000 GCA Finds
Post Re: Is it kosher???
caughtatwork wrote:
The simple answer is no, it is not. The date of the electronic log should be the day you physically found or hid the geocache.


Thought so, but just wanted to confirm my own view of cacher etiquette :)


27 July 18 5:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Forum theme by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forum/DivisionCore.