Report dragonZone issues / problems here

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
caughtatwork

Re: Report dragonZone issues / problems here

Post by caughtatwork » 10 May 18 12:46 pm

Luckyl10n wrote:Just been checking out the new dZ Area Challenge Maps, which are great! Thanks to all involved in getting them up. In the course of my tinkering, I've found that GA10010 lists as being in Litchfield zone on its cache page, but isn't appearing in the list on Caches in Litchfield page. Noticed this because it is my only Litchfield find and the new map shows me without a find in that zone.

Cheers
LL
Thanks. That's a data anomaly that I can't understand but has been addressed.

OldSaint
10000 or more caches found

Post by OldSaint » 10 May 18 12:49 pm

Thanks LL
Cheers OldSaint

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 10 May 18 12:49 pm

Luckyl10n wrote:Just found a related but not identical issue with GA1940. It shows as being in Grant zone on both cache page and Caches in Grant page, but for some reason my dZ Area Challenge map hasn't picked up the find.

Cheers
LL
That one is listed in Victoria (Strathdownie, Victoria, Australia) so is excluded based on the state you are looking at. Even though it is the zone, when we look for a match by state it gets dropped. I've updated the state to SA and it should now be on the map.

Luckyl10n

Post by Luckyl10n » 10 May 18 3:41 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Luckyl10n wrote:Just been checking out the new dZ Area Challenge Maps, which are great! Thanks to all involved in getting them up. In the course of my tinkering, I've found that GA10010 lists as being in Litchfield zone on its cache page, but isn't appearing in the list on Caches in Litchfield page. Noticed this because it is my only Litchfield find and the new map shows me without a find in that zone.

Cheers
LL
Thanks. That's a data anomaly that I can't understand but has been addressed.
Thanks for the quick action c@w, all working now at my end.

Luckyl10n

Post by Luckyl10n » 10 May 18 3:43 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
Luckyl10n wrote:Just found a related but not identical issue with GA1940. It shows as being in Grant zone on both cache page and Caches in Grant page, but for some reason my dZ Area Challenge map hasn't picked up the find.

Cheers
LL
That one is listed in Victoria (Strathdownie, Victoria, Australia) so is excluded based on the state you are looking at. Even though it is the zone, when we look for a match by state it gets dropped. I've updated the state to SA and it should now be on the map.
That one is quite close to the border and I thought that might have had something to do with the problem. Thanks for fixing it, all good now at my end.

Cheers
LL

whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found

Post by whitewebbs » 10 May 18 5:54 pm

Luckyl10n wrote:
OldSaint wrote:Where do you find the dz zone challenge maps please?
Cheers OldSaint
Hi Old Saint

They can be found in your 'Graphs' tab then drop down to dragonZone Area Chellenge and select the State/Territory you are interested in.

Cheers
LL
Thanks for this info, but when I look at my map it is just green blobs, doesn't look like a map Tasmania and I can't see lists of zones with info on caches I have found or haven't found. Should I be able to see which DZ I haven't found yetand the caches within those zones?

Geocaching Australia

Post by Geocaching Australia » 10 May 18 6:28 pm

whitewebbs wrote:
Luckyl10n wrote:
OldSaint wrote:Where do you find the dz zone challenge maps please?
Cheers OldSaint
Hi Old Saint

They can be found in your 'Graphs' tab then drop down to dragonZone Area Chellenge and select the State/Territory you are interested in.

Cheers
LL
Thanks for this info, but when I look at my map it is just green blobs, doesn't look like a map Tasmania and I can't see lists of zones with info on caches I have found or haven't found. Should I be able to see which DZ I haven't found yetand the caches within those zones?
Just checked your page and it seems to be working. You will need to wait for three maps to load. It took 47 seconds to load on my slow machine so give it a bit of time. There will NOT be a list of zones or caches, it will be a map with the zones you have found in green and the zones you still need to find in white.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 10 May 18 7:04 pm

Thanks. I logged into a laptop and waited a bit longer and the map appeared.

Luckyl10n

Post by Luckyl10n » 11 May 18 10:54 am

I think I might have found another map anomaly. Looks like Tenterfield zone is being picked up in Queensland and should be in NSW. It runs along that border area which zig zags a bit.

Cheers
LL

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 11 May 18 12:25 pm

Thanks. That's been wrong since it was first created in 2010 :shock:

It looks like the centroid of the zone was checked as as it's an unusual cutout the centroid is in QLD where as the zone is a actually NSW. I have corrected this one.

WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 23 May 18 5:46 pm

I checked my DZ trophies today and found a new one had been awarded...Glug, Glug (find a cache below sea level). Gold.
Now I'm confused. An import of all my GCA finds into GSAK and an update of elevations does not show any caches below sea level except locationless ones. The only caches I've logged since my last trophy update were a few locationless ones and a couple of physical caches with elevations well above sea level (>100m).

Why has this trophy been awarded now?

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 28 May 18 7:28 am

WazzaAndWenches wrote:I checked my DZ trophies today and found a new one had been awarded...Glug, Glug (find a cache below sea level). Gold.
Now I'm confused. An import of all my GCA finds into GSAK and an update of elevations does not show any caches below sea level except locationless ones. The only caches I've logged since my last trophy update were a few locationless ones and a couple of physical caches with elevations well above sea level (>100m).

Why has this trophy been awarded now?
My guess would be that a moving cache you have found recently has been moved, even by someone else since your find, to a spot at that elevation.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 28 May 18 9:02 am

The elevation data has recently been updated and some geocache elevations have changed. It seems that a geocache you have found in the past is now eligible.

sirius Tas
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by sirius Tas » 29 May 18 1:49 pm

Hi all,
Just noticed additional dz points for the ladt 2 caches found..ga11730 and ga12202
Have checked all points options but can not find why the additional points were given....obviously due to latest changes...but it would be nice to know why they were given.
Many thanks in advance.

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 29 May 18 2:00 pm

This is was posted in the forums, in the daily e-mailer and on the Facebook page. Hopefully you would have seen it in one of those areas....

...…"The dragonZone forge has been quite busy of late, creating and crafting new enhancements to the game, and bringing a few new new dZ point bonuses.

You will now earn bonus dragonZone points finding valid dZ caches based on clan control:

A small bonus for finding a cache that your clan already CONTROLS.
A moderate bonus for finding a cache that your clan does NOT CONTROL.
A generous bonus for finding a cache that your clan did NOT CONTROL, but after your find your clan CONTROLS.*
A large bonus for finding or publishing a geocache in a zone that your clan did NOT control, but after your find or publication your clan CONTROLS.*

* The bonus applies ONLY to a change of control where the find alone creates the clan control change, not any additional dZ points that are allocated after the find.