ack son of hack cache

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
thomo31
1850 or more caches found

ack son of hack cache

Post by thomo31 » 06 February 18 3:57 pm

today viaggio0001 and I went to Agnes Banks Nature Reserve to look for GA0127 Ready, steady, go. We looked at one posted track entry next to the Motorbike track but it is now a padlocked gate. So we drove to the Nature Reserve entry and walked the tracks towards GZ. About 30m away there is a fairly new Electric fence. I guess where the cache was is now private property. Being an all son of hack cache I wasnt sure what to do?

WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Re: ack son of hack cache

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 06 February 18 4:14 pm

If it's definately on private property and the landowner hasn't agreed to having cachers wandering on their property then, unfortunately, it should be archived. A shame to lose such an old cache.
Log a "Needs Archiving" against it. It will be reviewed and assigned to the big GZ in the sky.

Goldenwattle
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Goldenwattle » 06 February 18 6:06 pm

I have seen electric fences used on land that the landowner doesn't actually own, but near their property. For instance, the end of a dead end public road closed off with an electric fence for the nearby farmer to use to graze their animals. Plus other land beside the road being grazed with an electric fence to keep the cattle there. I have seen the land belonging to an old railway station fenced off by a farmer with an electric fence. You can be fairly certain the farmer did not own this. An electric fence doesn't necessarily mean it's private property. More information can sometimes be needed than just an electric fence to determine if it's private property.

You say it's a Nature Reserve Trail.

thomo31

Post by thomo31 » 06 February 18 9:32 pm

The fence was a solid new permanent fence with the top being electric and warning signs attached, at the edge of what is the Nature Reserve. And the other trail entrance has a solid padlocked gate. I will head back in the next few days and see if I can find out anything else.

tronador
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 06 February 18 10:02 pm

Sadly, ack son of hack passed away in May 2014. No point posting notes or NA on his cache pages. If it's a GCA cache and there is an issue that can't be fixed contact C@w and he could archive the cache on behalf of the deceased owner.
As far as I know no one is looking after his caches but maybe someone may like to do that.

thomo31

Post by thomo31 » 06 February 18 10:14 pm

I knew he had passed away. I know there are some cachers that maintain some of his GC caches. From what I saw today though I this is a case of no longer being able to get access to that particular cache.

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 07 February 18 7:30 am

If you post a NA on the cache it will be eventually reviewed by our volunteers and archived accordingly.

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 07 February 18 8:42 am

The cache was archived yesterday....