Geocacher geocache

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
2y'stassies
10000 or more caches found

Geocacher geocache

Post by 2y'stassies » 01 October 17 7:35 am

Tried to find information about this cache type on the WIKI but couldn't locate it. Used the link on the Geocacher geocache announcement page. Have I missed something? I went to the Main page then to cache types.

oldfella

Re: Geocacher geocache

Post by oldfella » 01 October 17 8:37 am

I can not see it either. I need to check why I am receiving an error when I tried to publish. No co ordinates for my cache location as the location is me.

Geocaching Australia

Post by Geocaching Australia » 01 October 17 1:05 pm

The wiki has been published. There is no auto-publish for our wiki, so we had to wait for the technical creator to come on line to make the changes.

Your cache has been published oldfell, so not sure what error you are seeing.
http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga10916

oldfella

Post by oldfella » 01 October 17 1:21 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I see my input folly. As this one is not at a set co ordinate but with me I did not enter 0,0 as the locationless co ordinates.

the Monkey King
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: The Monkey King @Au

Post by the Monkey King » 01 October 17 1:44 pm

Can you edit a Geocacher geocache from locationless to actual co-ordinates and back again to reflect the times you will be at an exact loction and know in advance you will be there?

For example, I want to post one as locationless, but know on X day I will be at a certain location, and want to change the cache to reflect that, but them go back to being locationless after I leave that area.

Edit - don't worry - If I had read the wiki properly, I would have seen the answer:

"Maintenance

The geocacher should maintain their co-ordinates by either setting them to 0,0 for a random encounter or setting them to co-ordinates such as an event. Don't forget to reset the co-ordinates to a random encounter at the event of the event. "

whitewebbs
6500 or more caches found

Post by whitewebbs » 03 October 17 7:37 am

Thanks for the new cache type, it will be fun trying to locate them but I am wondering why my new Geocacher cache GA10805 has not appeared in the daily emails since it was published on 1st October and why it is not showing as awaiting FTF on the Tasmanian page or on main page as new caches flick through? It does show if you do a query of 'geocacher' caches.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 05 October 17 9:10 am

whitewebbs wrote:Thanks for the new cache type, it will be fun trying to locate them but I am wondering why my new Geocacher cache GA10805 has not appeared in the daily emails since it was published on 1st October and why it is not showing as awaiting FTF on the Tasmanian page or on main page as new caches flick through? It does show if you do a query of 'geocacher' caches.
I have managed to get my cache on the Tas page. Added Australia and republished.

ikkibrady

Post by ikkibrady » 19 October 17 4:51 pm

Is there a place to search for geocacher? Would like to know who to look out for but when they are all mostly listed as locationless it's hard to tell who is in my state etc?

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 19 October 17 4:54 pm

I did a geocacher query as like you said they show as locationless unless a State and Australia were chosen. I am in southern Tasmania if over this way. Janet

spatialriq
5500 or more caches found

Post by spatialriq » 24 October 17 2:50 pm

Asked a question about these new geocaches on the facebook feed a few weeks back, but it was never answers so;

Do existing Geocacher geocaches count towards the comp ... and do they need to be 'converted' over to the new format?

Here's my one I've had for a couple of years now

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga5430

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 24 October 17 2:52 pm

spatialriq wrote:Asked a question about these new geocaches on the facebook feed a few weeks back, but it was never answers so;

Do existing Geocacher geocaches count towards the comp ... and do they need to be 'converted' over to the new format?

Here's my one I've had for a couple of years now

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga5430
The Geocacher geocache is a geocache type. Your cache is a locationless, you'd need to change it. Not sure about the validity for the comp though.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 October 17 6:54 pm

Sorry, no, your cache would not have been hidden and published in October.
everyone who hides and publishes a Geocacher geocache during the month of October 2017 will be entered into a draw

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 24 October 17 8:23 pm

caughtatwork wrote:Sorry, no, your cache would not have been hidden and published in October.
everyone who hides and publishes a Geocacher geocache during the month of October 2017 will be entered into a draw
Quick - archive the old one and relist it!

spatialriq

Post by spatialriq » 01 November 17 12:10 pm

Richary wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:Sorry, no, your cache would not have been hidden and published in October.
Quick - archive the old one and relist it!
Did just that. Looks like the gamble paid off \:D/