Griffin Clan

A place to talk about the Geocaching Australia dragonZone and other games
petan
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Location: One foot on either side of the border (SE Qld/NE NSW)

Re: Griffin Clan

Post by petan » 07 December 16 9:02 am

Sorry, feeling a bit blonde at the moment - and that I am desperately trying to finish up at work so I have the summer free.

Do I need to make a claim for each cache I find/hide which qualifies?? Its not automatic?? Just thought I would check since I've assumed it automatic. Have no problems with making claims per se, if so there are another couple of points which can be added to Griffin's score.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 07 December 16 9:20 am

Claims are manual. As you could find a number of caches that fit the criteria it would be up to you to identify those which best suit your points targets. i.e. You might find a 1 pointer today and if it was auto claimed it would block a 25 pointer later this week. Claims will only take a few seconds. You need to have the GAnnnn code, the right date (i.e. the date you found or hid the cache), the claim from a drop down and a short description of why you are claiming. You must claim the scavenge while it's still running. i.e. You can't claim after the scavenge disappears.

Don't stress, there is still a week for the first round of scavenges. Even if you miss this week about 20-30 new scavenges are released each week and they last a fortnight (or until the game ends at the end of January).

Join this week. Join next week. Join the week after. You only need to make a minimum of 20 scavenges over the course of the game to be in with your clan to win. But you will ONLY receive a prize if your clan wins. So no being a slacker. If you don't help your clan to win even though you may get heaps of points, sorry your clan gets nothing.

Goldenwattle
10000 or more caches found

Post by Goldenwattle » 08 December 16 8:23 am

I have logged my first cache under this. Where can I find an actually ordered list of my finds, so I don't have to follow my route on a map, which is the only way I know at present? Sorry to be so useless with this site, but I am.
Also, can I log the same thing, say windmills, more than once for different windmills?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 08 December 16 8:26 am

Goldenwattle wrote:I have logged my first cache under this. Where can I find an actually ordered list of my finds, so I don't have to follow my route on a map, which is the only way I know at present? Sorry to be so useless with this site, but I am.
Also, can I log the same thing, say windmills, more than once for different windmills?
I don't understand what ordered list you want and how it relates to a map.
Other than that please check the game page. It will have the answers to all of your basic questions like logging windmills.
http://geocaching.com.au/dragonzone/game/scavenger2016
Once a scavenge has been claimed it will be removed from your scavenge list and can not be claimed again.
Each scavenge must be claimed against a different geocache. i.e. You cannot claim more than one scavenge per geocache.

Goldenwattle

Post by Goldenwattle » 08 December 16 8:51 am

I have been travelling and finding caches. The only way I know at present to find my finds is to follow my travelling route on a map and see those caches that I have found. It would be great if I knew where to find a list of my finds and the dates of finds. I did find a list of type of caches I have found, but I want an actual list of individual finds. That way I can see if any of my finds qualify for the game here.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 08 December 16 8:55 am

Goldenwattle

Post by Goldenwattle » 08 December 16 9:02 am

Thank you. After I get home today I will be able to go through what I have found and see if any qualify.

Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 08 December 16 5:40 pm

Those locationless caches do bugger-all to the points, hey.

Good thing I received a package this week - hiding time this weekend me thinks.

:griffin :griffin :griffin Watch the mighty Griffin rise and be amazed :griffin :griffin :griffin

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 08 December 16 8:19 pm

No_Tomorrow wrote:Those locationless caches do bugger-all to the points, hey.

Good thing I received a package this week - hiding time this weekend me thinks.

:griffin :griffin :griffin Watch the mighty Griffin rise and be amazed :griffin :griffin :griffin
The count, but very little. You need to get a lot to make a difference. The points are in the other caches but the locationless cache are still valuable to our team score.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 08 December 16 8:39 pm

I scored another locationless today (a webcam that has been unfound for over a year). So I won't claim the points on it until I know if I find another webcam, or another unfound before the 14th. I have a few plans for this weekend from the first release and I see a couple more from today's list I can easily get.

Goldenwattle

Post by Goldenwattle » 08 December 16 10:31 pm

I was allowed to log two finds for the 7th December, but now it won't allow me to log anything found before the 8th December. Why?

"ERROR:
'Find and log a geocache that has not been found in 2 calendar years or more' can only be claimed during the period 08-Dec-16 to 21-Dec-16."

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 09 December 16 7:02 am

That scavenge is only available for those dates. So you can't claim it for any other period. Look at the start and end dates for the scavenges to see when you need to have them done within.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 09 December 16 9:23 am

Someone is playing the game strategically.

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga8848
Bingo Peak Scavenger Train #2

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga8831
Big Top Scavenger Park #1

C'mon Melbourne Grffin, we can get both of those and make up some ground in heading back towards the gold position where we belong.

Goldenwattle

Post by Goldenwattle » 12 December 16 11:31 pm

I logged a cache today and allocated points and changed it to yellow. But now it is blue again and no-one else has logged it. Is it possible for the owner to add points? And how?

Also, is there a map with the colour shown to indicate which colour has control of areas?

ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 13 December 16 6:50 am

Goldenwattle wrote:Also, is there a map with the colour shown to indicate which colour has control of areas?
When you view the caches on a map there's a little box that appears in the top left. Select Show dragonZones and wait for the overlay to load (can take a while sometimes). Ergh, what am I doing here helping you stinking Griffin people - long live :cerberus :cerberus :cerberus