GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Gizmo's Gang

Re: GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo

Post by Gizmo's Gang » 20 December 15 10:32 pm

Newbie here.
I've noticed that my GeGnomes (GA7907 & GA7908) show their original coordinates as being the same as their current location.
The tracker on their page shows they have moved 0km, but they do appear on the ladder as having moved.
Does this mean that when the move was logged, the published coords changed somehow?

CraigRat
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!
Twitter: CraigRat
Facebook: http://facebook.com/CraigRat

Post by CraigRat » 21 December 15 7:05 am

The Moved log has the same co-ordinates as the original hide for some reason.

you may need to get in touch with J & J and get it fixed OR it got put back in the original spot......

J_&_J
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000016368307

Post by J_&_J » 21 December 15 7:44 am

Those coordinates are where the gnomes have been moved to. The coordinates in the published log have changed for some reason.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 21 December 15 9:19 am

Gizmo's Gang wrote:Newbie here.
I've noticed that my GeGnomes (GA7907 & GA7908) show their original coordinates as being the same as their current location.
The tracker on their page shows they have moved 0km, but they do appear on the ladder as having moved.
Does this mean that when the move was logged, the published coords changed somehow?
Edit your published logs and set the location as the original co-ordinates and they should all work out. Not quite sure how this happened, but it's the easiest way to fix it.

Gizmo's Gang

Post by Gizmo's Gang » 21 December 15 9:42 am

caughtatwork wrote: Edit your published logs and set the location as the original co-ordinates and they should all work out. Not quite sure how this happened, but it's the easiest way to fix it.
Thanks!
I wasn't sure if I should do that or not.
All fixed now.

Chasburgs

Post by Chasburgs » 23 December 15 9:34 am

Whats the link to see all the gnomes in map style rather than list again please?

Gizmo's Gang

Post by Gizmo's Gang » 23 December 15 10:08 am

Chasburgs wrote:Whats the link to see all the gnomes in map style rather than list again please?
If you're looking at the ladder, click on the Home tab at the top of the ladder and the link is there.
Here's the link to the map:
http://geocaching.com.au/my/query/gmap/7536

Chasburgs

Post by Chasburgs » 23 December 15 1:04 pm

Thanks Gizmo's Gang. Is that link meant to show the gnomes on the map? I don't see the gnomes? Trying to plan a couple trips ;)

Chasburgs

Post by Chasburgs » 23 December 15 1:13 pm

Gizmo's Gang

Post by Gizmo's Gang » 23 December 15 1:21 pm

Chasburgs wrote:Thanks Gizmo's Gang. Is that link meant to show the gnomes on the map? I don't see the gnomes? Trying to plan a couple trips ;)
Try this:
http://geocaching.com.au/dragonzone/game/gegnome_ii/

There are links to a list of gnomes, GPX files and a map.

When I click on the map, the gnomes aren't showing. :(
(but they have previously when I've followed the map link, so maybe it's just my computer today.)

Chasburgs

Post by Chasburgs » 23 December 15 1:27 pm

found it!!

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 28 December 15 8:15 pm

Although there is a lot of Gnew Gnomers this year, would it be fair to say that overall there's not as many as past years? We have 4 gnomes in the race and so far the stats are
Gnome 1 - 3 moves and stuck since 6 Dec GA5882
Gnome 2 - 6 moves and stuck since 12 Dec GA5751
Gnome 3 - 7 moves and stuck since 17 Dec GA5515
Gnome 4 - 5 moves however last moved 25 Dec GA6180 but in a pretty isolated spot so will probably stay there for a while lol
Added to that 6 gnomes were taken to Phillip Island on 5 Dec and have been stuck there ever since ](*,) ... Not surprising considering how far it is, how much petrol it would use to pick them up!! Otherwise we would have considered it. I put a message on each one about a week ago saying the cacher who took them down there should bring them back to a more high traffic area!!
Having said all the above, we have really enjoyed our Gnoming & having 11 Gnomes by other Cachers share Christmas with us lol (& yes we held on to a few for about 3-6 days over Christmas but otherwise have pretty much kept to the 48 hour turn around) Gots lots of fun photos too lol
What do other people think in comparison to previous games?

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 28 December 15 8:17 pm

^^ Oh btw ahomburg plans to pick up the gnomes stranded on Phillip Island on 1 January

Kunama
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by Kunama » 03 January 16 12:46 am

Haha there is an absolute glut of gnomes in Sutherland NSW at the moment. I'm hoping to go pick up a few tomorrow/next week - how do I figure out where the active GA cachers in Sydney are though?
While there are plenty of GC cachers around, there's not a lot of GA caches within 10km of Sydney, and I don't want to inadvertently boot them out of the game.

Thanks for the game - I am absolutely delighting in the idea of hiding these things in plain sight; they look like they should just sit on a wall or something.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 03 January 16 5:02 pm

Lidcombe/Rookwood is always good, or if they head to the northern side of town I can grab them. If you leave them around Rookwood or Parramatta near a train station I am sure rogerw3 will come and grab them quickly.