GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
the Monkey King
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: The Monkey King @Au

Re: GeGnome ][ Electric Boogaloo

Post by the Monkey King » 23 November 15 11:17 am

tronador wrote:Gnomes sure are scarce this year. Just bought the only one I could find. ... and I'm not happy is so tiny.
The cheap dollar stores usually have some, and I found some in Kmart on Saturday. Depending on how much you are willing to pay, ebay also sells some.

tronador
6500 or more caches found

Post by tronador » 23 November 15 6:14 pm

the Monkey King wrote:
tronador wrote:Gnomes sure are scarce this year. Just bought the only one I could find. ... and I'm not happy is so tiny.
The cheap dollar stores usually have some, and I found some in Kmart on Saturday. Depending on how much you are willing to pay, ebay also sells some.
Yes I got it from the Reject Shop but it's tiny. Masters had none nor does Bunnings.

Sol de Lune

Post by Sol de Lune » 24 November 15 8:40 am

tronador wrote:
the Monkey King wrote:
Yes I got it from the Reject Shop but it's tiny. Masters had none nor does Bunnings.
If you can, try another Bunnings. My nearby store had none, but one in another suburb had loads. Various sizes and themes.

Taz
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Taz » 24 November 15 10:40 am

Picked mine up this morning at a garden centre, took a few stops but yes they aren't all that easy to find this year.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 24 November 15 11:04 am

I've found heaps at different Bunnings. Different sizes and styles at different shops. Also found some at the Reject Shop. Nothing at Masters though.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 24 November 15 6:31 pm

Yeah Bunnings Thornleigh had some around $15-20. Though I found some cheaper ones at Dollar King in Hornsby, and a nice gold one at K-Mart.

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 25 November 15 11:24 am

Hi I am about to create a cache page for hiding a GeGnome, went into hiding a cache, created the page and saved it and for the life of me I can't find it back. Help! Where do you find your unpublished caches. I think I did this a couple of weeks ago and set the forward date, but have lost that one as well. Thanks

caughtatwork

ame place as it's always been:

Post by caughtatwork » 25 November 15 11:25 am

whitewebbs

Post by whitewebbs » 25 November 15 11:39 am

Thank you thank you thank you :gnome

ziggiau
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found
Twitter: ziggiau

Post by ziggiau » 25 November 15 1:43 pm

I'm in the game - gnomes are placed and now I wait to see what happens in 6 days time. :gnome

Lazarus_68
1750 or more caches found

Post by Lazarus_68 » 25 November 15 9:28 pm

caughtatwork wrote:It's never too late to enter. Your cache enters the race on 1-Dec-2015 by being hidden and published on that day and has the gegnome2 tag.
Apologies, can you clarify how to achieve this 'tag' please?
Is it as simple as quoting "gegnome2" within cache Summary &/or Description?

Thanks, Laz

Richary

Post by Richary » 25 November 15 9:38 pm

I have 4 ready to go, but a couple are a bit flimsy $2 dollar shop ones, so I went to Bunnings today and bought some plaster of paris to fill them up with and hopefully make them a bit more solid, it will also glue the log holder into place. Hopefully I will get to fill them tomorrow night and be ready to deploy on Friday or Saturday, a couple will probably be starting near work at St Leonards in Sydney where there is a nice bit of bush near work as well as a Cemetery so there will be plenty of places to put them on Friday or Monday. Be interesting to see how quickly they are grabbed as it wasn't a hot moveable area in the past, though I know Zalgariath doesn't live that far away.

Unluckily I don't tend to drive to work these days (despite still having a work car) having become more office bound and the train makes much more sense at 25 minutes as opposed to 45 minutes + with no parking, I am not travelling all over Sydney daily for work any more like I used to in previous races and therefore having the chance to grab things so I will probably be a bit quieter this time around but still look forward to finding and moving plenty. Though I do have a couple of weeks off around Christmas that will let me go and do some finds as well.

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 25 November 15 10:36 pm

Lazarus_68 wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:It's never too late to enter. Your cache enters the race on 1-Dec-2015 by being hidden and published on that day and has the gegnome2 tag.

Thanks, Laz
Hey Laz, the link to the place to add the tags are just to the right of the map on the cache page. Not sure of the options, but if there is one, put it in the public tags.

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 25 November 15 10:39 pm

Lazarus_68 wrote:

Thanks, Laz
You add the tag as part of the setting up of the cache. Once you have saved your cache to Draft, select it & click on Public Tags, adding gegnome2 as the tag, save that. Then set up a Query (like a PQ) for the game, using the public tag. Come 1 December all gnomes will appear in your Query.

Lazarus_68

Post by Lazarus_68 » 26 November 15 12:16 pm

Thank you :D