Report GCA Site issues here [closed]

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
Now_To_Morrow
3500 or more caches found

Re: Report GCA Site issues here

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 14 July 15 6:29 pm

Trying to fix a trig listing - I forgot to make it "other" instead of traditional, nano, etc. I can't get access to it anymore and only just published it. Sorry. ga7323 is the cache listing

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 14 July 15 6:33 pm

I've regained access, but can't correct my geocache error. Do I just archive it?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 July 15 9:08 pm

Yep. As trigpoints have TP vs GA they can't be swapped. So archive it and try again. Or retract it and save it for another time you need a GA cache.

Luckyl10n
10000 or more caches found

Post by Luckyl10n » 20 July 15 3:31 pm

When I go to Cachers Graphs>GCA Only>Australia>All>Cachers by finds Trigpoint I show as having 197 finds.

When I go to Cachers Graphs>GCA Only>Australia>ACT>Cachers by finds Trigpoint I show as having 213 finds.

I'm curious about why this is happening?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 20 July 15 3:47 pm

The images are cached for performance reasons. They're only generated on the first call, then just displayed after that. It seems you may have generated one graph, then logged some TPs resulting in the first graph having different data to the second which was generated in real time. I've removed the cached graphs and they should now align to your latest logs.

Luckyl10n

Post by Luckyl10n » 20 July 15 11:56 pm

Thanks for that. All fixed \:D/

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 13 August 15 7:43 pm

Fyi panning on the GCA google maps crashing firefox on android device

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 August 15 7:46 pm

The Google Maps weren't touched, so this is strange. It's OK on Chrome and the standard browser. Let me install and check.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 August 15 7:52 pm

caughtatwork wrote:The Google Maps weren't touched, so this is strange. It's OK on Chrome and the standard browser. Let me install and check.
Installed Firefox and it works fine for me (don't you hate that). I'm on v4.4.2 of Android and the latest FF as I just installed it. Regrettably as I can't replicate the issue, I can't even start to look at it. Try clearing the cache and / or restarting your device (which I know is stupid advice to you, but that's all I've got).

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 14 August 15 9:06 am

Love the new look home page! However...
Not so sure it's an issue, but we used to have a choice of finding GCA or GC. Where is the latter option hiding now or is it gone?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 August 15 9:20 am

As we are Geocaching Australia, Geocaching Australia geocaches are the default search set. As I don't know which page you are referring to, I'll just highlight what happens on the FIND page.

http://geocaching.com.au/find/geocache or using the MENU, tap on Find a Geocache.
For the canned (predetermined) searches of My Search or Find or Map a Geocache there is now a radio button where you can select Geocaching Australia or All.
For the searches where you are entering criteria, there is an existing radio button where you can select Geocaching Australia or All.

Selecting All will show you the results for all geocaches either on the list or on the Google Map.

The selection is changed dynamically when you click the radio button. There is an open issue when going BACK to a page (i.e. you have visited a MAP with ALL and then you use the back button), you will need to select the Geocaching Australia option and then the all option again. This is an issue with the way the dynamic data is handled, so this should be addressed shortly.

Hope this helps.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 August 15 9:36 am

A quick update:

To minimise this issue the page will open in a new window, allowing you to open multiple searches or maps at the same time with ease and will avoid the issue of the back button resetting the criteria.

Hope this helps.

Now_To_Morrow

Post by Now_To_Morrow » 14 August 15 9:42 am

Sorry. Yes, I meant that option where we used to select "caches" and then the drop down menu started with GCA or All. I can't remember the exact labels sorry. Will try again tonight.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 14 August 15 9:51 am

All of the find a geocache searches / lists are now on the Find a Geocache page.
http://geocaching.com.au/find/geocache or using the MENU, tap on Find a Geocache.
You now have a multitude of canned searches and links to your own My Query, Zone, Route, etc. Pretty much all of the ability to FIND a GEOCACHE is launched from this page.

WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 14 August 15 10:42 am

caughtatwork wrote:All of the find a geocache searches / lists are now on the Find a Geocache page.
You now have a multitude of canned searches and links to your own My Query, Zone, Route, etc. Pretty much all of the ability to FIND a GEOCACHE is launched from this page.
The new pages look great although I've not looked through all of them yet.
I did, however, click on the button for "Find a geocache"/"Find a geocache events"/"all"/"Map Now". The map appeared in a new Firefox tab but no events have showed up.
The Events/Find Now also appears a bit dodgy. The other buttons seem to work fine for both "find now" and "map"