Let's Talk Angels!

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
TiedyeSmileys
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Re: Let's Talk Angels!

Post by TiedyeSmileys » 06 December 13 2:33 pm

Is there a prize for the loneliest Angel? Our poor girl is more likely to be moved by the next cyclone
:weepingangel====

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 06 December 13 3:51 pm

In that case, perhaps she needs to save up for a plane ticket?

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Re: Let's Talk Angels! December 11th Update

Post by pjmpjm » 11 December 13 1:40 pm

There are now 131 Weeping Angels in the race, from 52 members. :weepingangel :weepingangel :weepingangel

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 11 December 13 10:07 pm

Well after my angel-less brief North Coast trip I am back in Sydney, so can start gathering northside ones on work days (or anywhere else if I get a service call to the right spot). There's a couple in view for the trip home from work tomorrow I haven't seen.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 15 December 13 10:59 am

There was no rule against moving your own angel this year was there? Ours has become becalmed.

Tyreless
800 or more hollow logs searched
800 or more hollow logs searched

Post by Tyreless » 15 December 13 11:26 am

Yurt wrote:There was no rule against moving your own angel this year was there? Ours has become becalmed.
Sure you can. From the Rules:
  • - You can find and move your own cache during the game period provided it is not the caches first move
    - Caches must be found and hidden by the same cacher (i.e. no mailing the cache to another cacher to hide)
    - There is no limit to the number of times other cachers can find / move the cache provided there are at least two other finds / moves in between
    - If a cacher moves your cache overseas and it remains unfound overseas for 1 week or more, the same cacher may move your cache (within the country or to another country) without breaking the "2 moves" rule
    - There is no limit to the distance other cachers can move the cache
    - Other cachers in the game will find / move your cache, but they are requested to move it on within 2 days

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 15 December 13 8:23 pm

In the past it's been against the rules. Just assumed they were the same more or less. (Who reads rules? That's like reading instructions for a bloke... :mrgreen: )

Richary

Post by Richary » 15 December 13 9:36 pm

That's alright Yurt, I have your angel sitting on my desk now so it's unstuck. The phone box kept falling off though so I've made a mod to try and keep it there. Unluckily won't get a chance to place it tomorrow unless I take it to Redfern where it might get stuck again, but Tuesday near Chatswood somewhere in a place they have moved on from before.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 15 December 13 10:20 pm

I'm heading out west again tomorrow so was going to grab a few and maybe arrange with the ACT again for a Yass exchange. I haven't got any at present so won't promise anything.

Anyone coming up from Melbourne/Vic? I will be in Melb in mid January so will exchange then.

pjmpjm

Blue Mountains Angels Waiting in Leura

Post by pjmpjm » 17 December 13 5:34 pm

Yurt wrote:I'm heading out west again tomorrow so was going to grab a few and maybe arrange with the ACT again for a Yass exchange. I haven't got any at present so won't promise anything.
Anyone coming up from Melbourne/Vic? I will be in Melb in mid January so will exchange then.
Glad you made it through the mountains and made a few more finds, especially around Mt Piddington. Sorry we couldn't meet up but at least we had a couple of chats by phone!

A few hours later, the Canary dropped two angels at Leura but you were already gone!

Now there's at least one angel still left in Leura, waiting for some transport at Margery Anderson Park . . . :weepingangel

(Whoops! And another waiting as well, just off the GWH, on the way to the Crematorium . . . )

pjmpjm

Moveables Waiting in Leura

Post by pjmpjm » 17 December 13 5:38 pm

Yurt wrote:I'm heading out west again tomorrow so was going to grab a few and maybe arrange with the ACT again for a Yass exchange. I haven't got any at present so won't promise anything. Anyone coming up from Melbourne/Vic? I will be in Melb in mid January so will exchange then.
Like Richard Nixon, I've misspoken . . . ](*,)

There's a BINGO moveable hidden at Margery Anderson and a Weeping Angel waiting near the Crematorium . . .

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 17 December 13 7:31 pm

Have found all but four of the angels that come up on my query for NSW and ACT. Will need to get those interstate moves happening. Still new ones appearing.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 18 December 13 10:52 am

There are still many moveables floating around from the last couple of years, especially last year. I've now got a heap of them but I'm worried if I just place them they will become litter as very few people are interested in the old ones. A lot are just junk anyway. But I'm not going to toss them in the bin unless the CO wants to archive them.

rogerw3

Post by rogerw3 » 18 December 13 12:16 pm

:twisted: :roll:
They can always move to the Gnomelands!
8-[ :gnome :gnomette :frog :frogette

pjmpjm

Re: Let's Talk Angels! -- Surplus Moveables!

Post by pjmpjm » 18 December 13 12:38 pm

Yurt wrote:There are still many moveables floating around from the last couple of years, especially last year. I've now got a heap of them but I'm worried if I just place them they will become litter as very few people are interested in the old ones. A lot are just junk anyway. But I'm not going to toss them in the bin unless the CO wants to archive them.
Toss them in the car and we'll sort them out on your next trip through the Blue Mountains! :gnome :frog :gnomette :frogette :weepingangel :gnome :frogette :gnomette :frog :weepingangel