Your geocaching goals 2013

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Re: Your geocaching goals 2013

Post by Yurt » 14 January 13 7:28 pm

spatialriq wrote:
Yurt wrote:* fill as many gaps as I can in the Jasmer Challenge - can't get June-September 2000 within Australia though.
So what's a Jasmer Challenge?
Find a cache hidden in every month since May 2000, when geocaching started (Jasmer Challenge).
There are actual challenge caches to find in the US after you've completed this but none here. It's just a stat like the D/T grid I guess.

Captain Terror
7000 or more caches found
7000 or more caches found

Post by Captain Terror » 14 January 13 11:31 pm

Yurt wrote:It's just a stat like the D/T grid I guess.
Just a stat? Just a stat!? JUST A STAT!??
Back in a minute, I need a vegemite and a lie down.
Last edited by Captain Terror on 27 January 13 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2max
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by 2max » 27 January 13 12:00 am

1. Find time to attempt more Multi's
2. Finish off all our current cache projects, both the half-started ones as well as the ones in my head
3. Have fun

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 27 January 13 11:48 am

1. Enjoy doing all the below :D
2. Hopefully finish Project 366 - 17 dates to fill :)
3. Then clear all the caches in our 10km zone (keeping them there for the necessary dates at this point :D )
4. Continue to tackle the unloved challenge (we were at 3710 days last time I checked so a bit of a way to go!) :shock:
5. Get our Puzzle ratio up to 15% of our finds (currently at 13.63%) =D>

noikmeister
5000 or more caches found

Post by noikmeister » 27 January 13 12:47 pm

GJMMelb wrote: 4. Continue to tackle the unloved challenge (we were at 3710 days last time I checked so a bit of a way to go!)
What is that?

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 27 January 13 4:09 pm

noikmeister wrote:
GJMMelb wrote: 4. Continue to tackle the unloved challenge (we were at 3710 days last time I checked so a bit of a way to go!)
What is that?
Getting enough "unloved" caches - ie caches that havent been found for at least the previous 6 months to qualify to find/log this cache ...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... wp=GC3KWWQ

We still have about 2800 days to go lol!!! :shock:

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 27 January 13 4:57 pm

GJMMelb wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
What is that?
Getting enough "unloved" caches - ie caches that havent been found for at least the previous 6 months to qualify to find/log this cache ...

Cool. Well I have logged the GCA locationless "GA2968 Unloved Caches - 2 Years Unfound" 10 times now, so perhaps I already qualify. I need to check it out.

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 27 January 13 9:14 pm

noikmeister wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
What is that?

Cool. Well I have logged the GCA locationless "GA2968 Unloved Caches - 2 Years Unfound" 10 times now, so perhaps I already qualify. I need to check it out.
Saw your lognote on the cache!! Well done for over 85 YEARS of unfound caches WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> =D>

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 28 January 13 11:59 am

GJMMelb wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
What is that?

Saw your lognote on the cache!! Well done for over 85 YEARS of unfound caches WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> =D>
I just wrote some code to tease as many as I could out of GSAK and managed to get the total to 100 years!!

Marcus Vitruvius

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 28 January 13 6:33 pm

noikmeister wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
What is that?

I just wrote some code to tease as many as I could out of GSAK and managed to get the total to 100 years!!
I'm at about 114 years at the moment!

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 28 January 13 7:33 pm

noikmeister wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:
noikmeister wrote:
What is that?

Wow to both of you!! =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Living in suburban Melbourne means that most caches don't get anywhere near the 6 months unloved so we have to go searching much further afield now if we want to add onto our total :-)

Edited to add.... Hmmmm we've reached our quota of quotes lol so it didnt let me include MV's comment in my quote ... so the "both of you" included MV!

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 28 January 13 7:41 pm

GJMMelb wrote: Wow to both of you!! =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Living in suburban Melbourne means that most caches don't get anywhere near the 6 months unloved so we have to go searching much further afield now if we want to add onto our total :-)
All of my big ones (2 years+) have been remote bush caches. In some cases I have been 2TF on a cache which has lain unfound for 3 years.

In Canberra there is only a small population of bush cachers and the majority those people had found a lot of them. So it was easy for me to pick them off 1-by-1. I've been pursuing this side-hobby of actively pursuing the "most unloved" cache in the ACT since 2009. The current "most unloved" hasn't been found in 1,500+ days. So if you want to boost your total then pull on your walking boots and come for a trip to Canberra.

LouiseAnn

Post by LouiseAnn » 28 January 13 8:54 pm

noikmeister wrote:
All of my big ones (2 years+) have been remote bush caches. In some cases I have been 2TF on a cache which has lain unfound for 3 years.

In Canberra there is only a small population of bush cachers and the majority those people had found a lot of them. So it was easy for me to pick them off 1-by-1. I've been pursuing this side-hobby of actively pursuing the "most unloved" cache in the ACT since 2009. The current "most unloved" hasn't been found in 1,500+ days. So if you want to boost your total then pull on your walking boots and come for a trip to Canberra.
Except for the obvious coolness of finding such an unloved cache, from memory for the challenge, they have to be Victorian....

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 28 January 13 9:02 pm

LouiseAnn wrote:
noikmeister wrote:

Except for the obvious coolness of finding such an unloved cache, from memory for the challenge, they have to be Victorian....
Someone better publish a NSW/ACT one then!

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 28 January 13 9:11 pm

Yurt wrote:Someone better publish a NSW/ACT one then!
Go for it Yurt \:D/