First Aid kits

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Dingbats
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Dingbats » 18 December 04 3:34 pm

Aushiker wrote: Agree, but note the context of my comment. How many first aid kits contain 15 cm bandages?
<p>
I'm suggesting that it is better to build your own, the commercial kits have all sorts of unneccessary stuff that adds bulk and weight.
Aushiker wrote: Second, sufficient bandage is required for one's own leg or those in the party. There is a big difference in requirements for some one whois 5' tall to someone whois 6' tall. Hence my comment about trying it out on one's own limbs. Carrying a 15 cm banadge may or may not be sufficient.
<p>
I think that a single 15cm bandage is sufficient to significantly compress the lymphatic ducts in any one no matter how tall they are.
Aushiker wrote: For me, I want more. Cheap insurance.
<p>
If it gives you piece of mind, fair enough.<p>

Of course don't forget about leg protection by way of long trousers or gaiters.

Aushiker
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen
Twitter: Aushiker

Post by Aushiker » 18 December 04 3:54 pm

Dingbats wrote:I'm suggesting that it is better to build your own, the commercial kits have all sorts of unneccessary stuff that adds bulk and weight. ..... Of course don't forget about leg protection by way of long trousers or gaiters.
<p>
Agree 100% on both counts ... made the point on first aid kits early in the thread ... and use gaiters bushwalking all the time, but wouldn't rely on long trousers for protection - I wonder about the thickness/tightness of the weave of the material to provide any reasonable level of protection. Jeans maybe, but say my Mapac walking pants ... no way.
<p> Must admit through, I tend to not wear gaiters when doing a lot "metro" caches, which is really silly, if I think about it. Plus at this time of the year, I tend to wear my First Bite sandals as well! Guess I am asking for trouble. :shock:
<p>
Cheers<br>
Andrew