HTC One S

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
rinsemesocks

HTC One S

Post by rinsemesocks » 06 November 12 10:30 pm

Is anybody using a HTC One S to geocache. I am nearly off plan and the choice of new phone is either a Samsung Galaxy sII or a HTC One S. I have read that the gps isn't too good on it. Anybody had any experience with it?

akkatracker
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Re: HTC One S

Post by akkatracker » 11 November 12 8:49 pm

Assuming it's an advancement on the HTC Sensation (which we use), it should be fine.
AGPS can get down to 3m accuracy and GPS can get down to 5m
Don't know about the SIII though

Hopefully some more mint tins placed with this new phone :D

rinsemesocks

Post by rinsemesocks » 11 November 12 10:18 pm

I have run out of mint tins, and am running on mint vapors. There are several placed which I haven't had the chance to create online yet, so there are about five or more to come. The person at work who was giving them to me has left and now I have to start munching them myself.

akkatracker
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by akkatracker » 15 November 12 9:42 pm

I have about 8 tins in reserve. Where do you get your magnets, they work really well.
I also like the way you tape yours as up north there are people covering tins in packing tape which looks crap.
Thanks

rinsemesocks

Post by rinsemesocks » 18 November 12 7:23 pm

I buy off ebay from the aussie sellers. I usually get 10 x 2 circle ones, but I am trying 5 x 5 at the moment (but won't use them again). It usually works out as less than a $1 for two on a mint tin.

As to wrapping, that was accidental, as when I started I found that the magnets would attract grit in the wild, so I wrapped the magnet in electrical tape. Later, I just covered the whole tin to aid in camo plus to make it a bit more water proof. They seem to work ok.

akkatracker
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by akkatracker » 21 November 12 9:42 pm

*Shopping time*