Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
caughtatwork

Re: Bingo - The moving cache race for 2012/2013

Post by caughtatwork » 09 November 12 10:59 pm

fluffyfish wrote:I am a bit confused by the theme for containers. Guessing gnomes and frogs were pretty straight forward. So it is anything transport related? Anything? :-k
Your cache must be a form of transport or anything, even peripherally related to transport. Be as inventive as you like. Be creative. Be peripheral. Let your cache be the cache of the game that everybody wants to have move near them so they can find it.

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 09 November 12 11:21 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
fluffyfish wrote:I am a bit confused by the theme for containers. Guessing gnomes and frogs were pretty straight forward. So it is anything transport related? Anything? :-k
Your cache must be a form of transport or anything, even peripherally related to transport. Be as inventive as you like. Be creative. Be peripheral. Let your cache be the cache of the game that everybody wants to have move near them so they can find it.
I just thought that something I picked up and have sitting around for a while might just fit into the extreme peripherally end of the spectrum :lol: :P Macabre perhaps but, hmmm, yes I think I'll do it..... :wink: I've a couple of other left-of-fields to counteract the rather predictable ones - but (almost) all are user-friendly at least - sounds like there will be some who push that area of envelope... That's one of the best things about these CachingGames races - the variety of entries (and creativity too) makes it great fun :-)

:-$

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 09 November 12 11:25 pm

I like the open ended nature of this caching theme. But it presents its challenges to find a "good" theme when I don't have much time.

Maybe I will just roll out 5 mint tins. Well they were "transported" to the shop! :twisted:

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 10 November 12 6:21 am

fluffyfish wrote:I like the open ended nature of this caching theme. But it presents its challenges to find a "good" theme when I don't have much time.

Maybe I will just roll out 5 mint tins. Well they were "transported" to the shop! :twisted:
The best (or possibly worst!) feature of this game is how open ended "transport" is. At one end of the spectrum, a quick trip to the supermarket will soon give you some matchbox cars and away you go.
At the other end of the spectrum, just leave your car at the supermarket, with the keys under the bumper, and perhaps you'll see it again at the end of January! :lol:

BTW, I've figured the ideal large cache but it will take serious commitment. A trailer from a semi. You see them parked all over the place and you don't see the council rushing to tow them off! Only problem is that the 1km rule might make that a difficult number to get!

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 10 November 12 10:22 am

A shipping container would be interesting...

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 10 November 12 3:29 pm

I was looking through a second hand store today, and saw a wheelchair.
I was going to buy it, but one of the wheels was looking like it would break.

There was also a wheeley walker thing, which I nearly brought!

SamWalkers
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life

Post by SamWalkers » 10 November 12 10:18 pm

Bronnie_1990 wrote:I was looking through a second hand store today, and saw a wheelchair.

How much and where? :roll:

GJMMelb
3000 or more caches found

Post by GJMMelb » 10 November 12 10:31 pm

Bronnie_1990 wrote:I was looking through a second hand store today, and saw a wheelchair.

Not that it matters coz you can have more than one, but someone down here in Melbourne has one of those for this years game!! (not us but not telling who!! :-" ) lol

nutwood

Post by nutwood » 11 November 12 7:23 am

Laighside Legends wrote:A shipping container would be interesting...
That would stop complaints about no room for swaps!
Also be an excellent place for TBs to get together, except it wouldn't be recognised of course.

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 11 November 12 8:22 am

nutwood wrote:
fluffyfish wrote:I like the open ended nature of this caching theme. But it presents its challenges to find a "good" theme when I don't have much time.

If I can't get the bodies to attach to four of mine, my next option is almost exactly that... :wink:

(Oh which reminds me I need to work on a nano or two :twisted:)

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 11 November 12 8:32 am

GJMMelb wrote:

Not that it matters coz you can have more than one, but someone down here in Melbourne has one of those for this years game!! (not us but not telling who!! :-" ) lol
As long as it has an accurate size this time.... ("small" my ....!) :stabby :wink:

Bronnie_1990
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 11 November 12 1:11 pm

SamWalkers wrote:

How much and where? :roll:
Tiny's green shed at mugga lane tip!

There, i said it!

GJMMelb

Post by GJMMelb » 11 November 12 1:54 pm

quiet1_au wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:

As long as it has an accurate size this time.... ("small" my ....!) :stabby :wink:

lol If you're talking about the "item" that was at the Cup Day Event, the original container attached to the "other part" was a small (200ml sistema) so technically it was right, they just parted ways (before we even found it!) and so the "other part" became the log book lol. We enjoyed finding it and the challenge of moving it on lol Annndddd coz it was left at the CDE, we have just had to find a hiding spot for it again! lol

quiet1_au

Post by quiet1_au » 11 November 12 5:50 pm

GJMMelb wrote:
quiet1_au wrote:
GJMMelb wrote:

lol If you're talking about the "item" that was at the Cup Day Event, the original container attached to the "other part" was a small (200ml sistema) so technically it was right, they just parted ways (before we even found it!) and so the "other part" became the log book lol. We enjoyed finding it and the challenge of moving it on lol Annndddd coz it was left at the CDE, we have just had to find a hiding spot for it again! lol
Ah... :-k

I still think the overall size of the cache (log holder and moving themed hide together) should be the published size - for instance a couple of mine are bison tubes but attached to larger items - so I've listed them as small not micro.

C@W - have you got any Bingo smilies in the works for the forum? :) :gnome :gnomette :frog :frogette

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 11 November 12 5:54 pm

No smilies in the works from me.