Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
onegingernut

Re: Where are we all from??? (introduce yourself) parts 1&2

Post by onegingernut » 28 July 12 5:33 pm

Hey guys,

Have recently moved to Mandurah WA from NZ, have been an occasional cacher for a while now after discovering the game on a GPS I brought in East Timor, (wish I'd worked it out and logged some there!).

Are there any other cachers in the Mandurah area? Im keen to meet new people in the area as outside my family I have no friends here in Australia. Feel free to contact me on sdokeefe@gmail.com or through facebook Steve-Ange O'Keefe.

Im a 28 year old married male with a family who are into caching (treasure hunting) as well.

I plan to get more into the game and am currently planning a few puzzle/problem solving caches I've wanted to do for a while. Will have to go out and investigate areas around Mandurah for placement.

Thanks,

witchjnr

Post by witchjnr » 30 July 12 1:20 pm

Hi My name is Haze and we are in Two Wells SA. We (hubby, kids and I) found our first cache on the weekend and the kids and I went searching for one before school this morning - Didn't find it but we are going back after school too!! :lol:

Mozzie77

Post by Mozzie77 » 03 September 12 12:40 pm

Hi there....another newbie here to geocaching, located Illawarra NSW...been hiking and kayaking for years, though we would expand the fun and hunt for caches to re revisit past hikes and trails maybe. Its just the two of us, no kids, semi retired, well I am hubby still works. Nice to know we are NOT muggles any more :wink:

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 03 September 12 2:24 pm

Mozzie77 wrote:Hi there....another newbie here to geocaching, located Illawarra NSW...been hiking and kayaking for years, though we would expand the fun and hunt for caches to re revisit past hikes and trails maybe. Its just the two of us, no kids, semi retired, well I am hubby still works. Nice to know we are NOT muggles any more :wink:
Hi Mozzie,

I'm not sure too many of the Illawarra cachers jump in here, they use a Yahoo group for most of their chat. Suggest you have a look here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/illawarra ... community/

Lucy
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Lucy » 05 September 12 10:35 am

Big Matt and Shell wrote:
Mozzie77 wrote:Hi there....another newbie here to geocaching, located Illawarra NSW...been hiking and kayaking for years, though we would expand the fun and hunt for caches to re revisit past hikes and trails maybe. Its just the two of us, no kids, semi retired, well I am hubby still works. Nice to know we are NOT muggles any more :wink:
Hi Mozzie,

I'm not sure too many of the Illawarra cachers jump in here, they use a Yahoo group for most of their chat. Suggest you have a look here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/illawarra ... community/
No, Facebook is the go these days! Not at home so don't have the link handy :oops:

Big Matt and Shell
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 05 September 12 1:31 pm

Sorry Lucy, not having stalkbook I'm not up to date with these things... :oops:

Aussie Treasure

Post by Aussie Treasure » 23 September 12 8:26 pm

I just thought I'd say "Hello". I've been geocaching on and off for awhile in Bayside Melbourne. Just joined the forum to have a look around.

Aussie Treasure

outback

Post by outback » 26 September 12 8:28 pm

Hello all its great to be here am new to all this. I am from Northam WA. Would like to know if there is any others on here from Northam as maybe we could meet up at the pub (my Shout) and i could get a hand to set up my GPS. Have downloaded every geochach in WA but am buggered if i can get them onto my GPS. So if your close by and would like afew free beers drop me a pm and we will catch up. Cant wait to attend my first MEGA EVENT. My hats off to all who help run this site, i can see that i am going to get alot of great knowledge from here and just hope one day i can put something back into this site. regards from outback

timetraveller

Post by timetraveller » 30 September 12 6:46 pm

Hello!

I'm Kristen and I'm BRAND NEW to geocaching. I live in the Darebin area of Melbourne. Already found two caches today in my area and am looking forward to becoming part of this awesome community!

Earthbound Chief
8500 or more caches found
8500 or more caches found

Post by Earthbound Chief » 30 September 12 10:08 pm

Hi Aussie Treasure.

Welcome =D> .

It looks like you've started putting some caches out again.

Keep it up :P

spatialriq
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by spatialriq » 11 October 12 3:41 pm

Howdy, I'm SpatialRiq (Richard).

Been caching since April 2011 (up to 750 finds and 30 hides on GC and 70 odd finds and 2 hides on GCA). Haven't been on the forum a great deal though, although I plan to check it out a tad more often.

Caches predominantly in Perth WA, although due to a recent OS trip I also have several finds in the USA, NZ (Auckland) and also back in Melbourne and Bright in NE Victoria (my home town :D ).

Took part in last years frog-athon and this years cache-olympics games thingy. Looking forward to this summers moveables race, hopefully with several entrants now I know how it all works.

Still, musn't banter too much ... there's caches to be found!

Chrisval7
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Chrisval7 » 11 October 12 5:34 pm

I am Chris and my husband Val and I are up in the Barossa Valley, in a beautiful location just bristling with geocaches. Obviously those who hide caches enjoy being out and about in this scenic area as much as we enjoy searching for them.

Although I first started searching back in April this year, I didn't really get into it until lately. Being semi-retired I can nip out when the weather is suitable (and even when it is foul weather but the need to grab that new cache is great!). Today I found my first trackables - two of them!! Now I ahve to think where to put them so they can continue their journies.

And I am preparing my first hides :D
Chris

OzMumma85

Post by OzMumma85 » 26 October 12 10:21 am

Hello all my fellow treasure hunters!! :P
My name is Carmen, and I live just out of Northam, WA. I stumbled upon GC when looking at other stuff online, I got even more intrigued when I discovered so many caches nearby! I have scored myself a Magellan eXplorist 110, and even found my first cache yesterday :D *yay me*
Waiting for a free weekend so I can drag hubby along to wrangle out two mini terrors (1.5 & 3 yrs, both boys) while we do some more adventuring :)

rookieFlint
Twitter: flintoast

Post by rookieFlint » 08 November 12 12:34 pm

G'day Questers! :)
I'm Adam and I'm based around Paradise, SA. Was told about geocaching by a friend the 2 days ago and got my first 2 caches yesterday. I couldn't believe the amount of caches in my area and around Adelaide in general. Well done guys!! =D> Looking to buy my first gps soon as I don't really trust the gps in my HTC Desire. I'm originally from Eyre Peninsula, and the amount around there is astonishing!! Hopefully get a fair few when I go back for Christmas.

Big thanks to the whole GCA community for all the information that is provided around the website and forums!!!

OldSaint
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by OldSaint » 13 November 12 6:54 am

Hi Everyone
OldSaint here.
My name is Rob. I live at Whitebeach in Tasmania. Have been caching since 2009. Absolutely love the game and have made some "treasured" friends as a result of attending some excellent events. Thanks to all whose caches I have found and another thanks to all who have taken the time to find my caches.
Cheers OldSaint.