GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
pwags
1500 or more caches found

Re: GeosportZ 2012 - Questions and Clarifications

Post by pwags » 12 July 12 12:34 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
akkatracker wrote:Y'all need to be wary of the marathon and the 7 day rule too.
Hmmm. The rules say "Geocaches you claim for the game must be logged at CachingGames.com within 7 days of your find date on the original listing site or prior to the end of the game, whichever occurs first."

Does that mean that the cache in our marathon with the highest points must be found within the last 7 days of the Marathon?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 July 12 2:33 pm

Yes.
The system will not allow up to log a claim more than 7 days old.
If you submit a false date to contravene that rule you may be subject to disqualification.
I trust your integrity.
The game tracking mechanism relies somewhat upon your honesty when logging your claims. The games administrators will undertake verification of each log. Players who continually log inaccurate information will be disqualified from the game.
The rules are there. You need to read them.

pwags

Post by pwags » 12 July 12 2:57 pm

So, just to clarify. Over the 16 days of the "marathon", we log each find on GC or GCA as we find it (as usual). Then, at the end of the 16-day streak, if we managed to find a cache on every day, we are eligible to claim the "marathon" event.

However, if the cache we found that had the highest point value was found in the first few days of the 16-day streak, we aren't permitted to claim the "marathon" event, as the cache was found more than 7 days ago.

We have to ensure that over the 16 days, the highest point-value cache is in the last few days.

Is that interpretation correct?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 July 12 5:28 pm

pwags wrote:So, just to clarify. Over the 16 days of the "marathon", we log each find on GC or GCA as we find it (as usual). Then, at the end of the 16-day streak, if we managed to find a cache on every day, we are eligible to claim the "marathon" event.

However, if the cache we found that had the highest point value was found in the first few days of the 16-day streak, we aren't permitted to claim the "marathon" event, as the cache was found more than 7 days ago.

We have to ensure that over the 16 days, the highest point-value cache is in the last few days.

Yes.
You can only claim caches you found in the last 7 days.

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 12 July 12 5:32 pm

caughtatwork wrote:
pwags wrote:So, just to clarify. Over the 16 days of the "marathon", we log each find on GC or GCA as we find it (as usual). Then, at the end of the 16-day streak, if we managed to find a cache on every day, we are eligible to claim the "marathon" event.

Yes.
Does that mean that if we find a high scoring cache early in the 16 day streak, it can be overridden by a lower scoring cache found in the last 7 days of the streak (which could be useful in trying to keep the score below 350 if this is one of the last requirements attempted)?

pwags

Post by pwags » 12 July 12 5:39 pm

caughtatwork wrote: Yes.
Technically that's impossible for the marathon, as we can't claim it until its finished, and the claim will include caches found up to 16 days earlier. :?:

pwags

Post by pwags » 12 July 12 5:40 pm

Team Wibble wrote:Does that mean that if we find a high scoring cache early in the 16 day streak, it can be overridden by a lower scoring cache found in the last 7 days of the streak (which could be useful in trying to keep the score below 350 if this is one of the last requirements attempted)?
Remember that the marathon is worth a flat 100 points, regardless of the caches you include in it.

Team Wibble

Post by Team Wibble » 12 July 12 5:54 pm

pwags wrote:
Team Wibble wrote:Does that mean that if we find a high scoring cache early in the 16 day streak, it can be overridden by a lower scoring cache found in the last 7 days of the streak (which could be useful in trying to keep the score below 350 if this is one of the last requirements attempted)?
Remember that the marathon is worth a flat 100 points, regardless of the caches you include in it.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) How did I miss THAT???
I guess the "log the highest value cache" part threw me, given that the same occurs for the decathlon and heptathlon.

Dammit, now I'm going to have to seriously reassess my strategy.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 July 12 6:12 pm

pwags wrote:
caughtatwork wrote: Yes.
Technically that's impossible for the marathon, as we can't claim it until its finished, and the claim will include caches found up to 16 days earlier. :?:
The date is checked against the cache you enter into the form. The other 15 are not checked.
However, as pointed out, this is moot, because it's worth 100 points.
So find 16, claim the one you found on the last day, get 100 points.

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by LouiseAnn » 12 July 12 10:52 pm

Does anyone know of a geosportz macro for GSAK?

FelixII
10000 or more caches found

Post by FelixII » 13 July 12 1:37 am

Does anyone know of a geosportz macro for GSAK?
That would be NO! But goodness know's how you even attempt it without it :!: :wink: Oh I know, you have a geo friend, who you run all the tricky ones past :oops: , right :idea: :-"

McPhan

Post by McPhan » 13 July 12 5:48 am

If you have any queries about whether a geocache is suitable, contact the games administrators prior to logging the find. The games administrators will try to finds way to say yes to a requirement rather than say no, so lateral thinking is encouraged, but please, when in doubt contact a games administrator.

It may be just me but the Administrator List is empty.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 13 July 12 9:05 am

McPhan wrote:
If you have any queries about whether a geocache is suitable, contact the games administrators prior to logging the find. The games administrators will try to finds way to say yes to a requirement rather than say no, so lateral thinking is encouraged, but please, when in doubt contact a games administrator.

It may be just me but the Administrator List is empty.
The administrator list is now not empty.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 13 July 12 9:24 am

LouiseAnn wrote:Does anyone know of a geosportz macro for GSAK?
I use GSAK 100% of the time for my research for Geosportz but I simply make up my gsak filter for whichever requirement I'm trying to target. eg Multi, not found by me (not archived of course) and then I work out how many points I want it to be and maybe select the size to give the right points. After that, you need to read the description and see if it has 3 WPs or 5 WPs to fit what you're looking for. \:D/

akkatracker
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by akkatracker » 13 July 12 4:12 pm

Well now sitting in 25th spot I think I'll try to hold on till the end :P