Log them All! (Trackables)

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
lemmykc
2500 or more caches found

Log them All! (Trackables)

Post by lemmykc » 14 April 12 12:59 pm

I am not sure if anybody has posted about this, but I know it sure was useful for me after the stack of TBs I discovered at the OZ MEGA.

http://logthemall.cano.sk/

You can basically enter all of the codes and write a short stock message for all of the TBs you discovered and the site will log them all for you. Very useful I reckon!

TwoDrews
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen
Twitter: _macca_

Re: Log them All! (Trackables)

Post by TwoDrews » 14 April 12 3:06 pm

I don't normally have a large quantity of TB's to log but if I did this could be really useful so I've bookmarked it. Thanks Liam!

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 14 April 12 3:50 pm

lemmykc wrote:I am not sure if anybody has posted about this, but I know it sure was useful for me after the stack of TBs I discovered at the OZ MEGA.

You can basically enter all of the codes and write a short stock message for all of the TBs you discovered and the site will log them all for you. Very useful I reckon!
Thanks Liam - I could have done with that after the 29th Feb event - but its not toooo painful copy and pasting one at a time, and it does help to catch those annoying lookalike code characters when it fails... How does logthemall cope with invalid codes? Does it skip them and give a report afterwards or bomb-out - or worse quietly carry on with you none the wiser?

:-$

lemmykc

Post by lemmykc » 14 April 12 4:01 pm

quiet1_au wrote:
lemmykc wrote:I am not sure if anybody has posted about this, but I know it sure was useful for me after the stack of TBs I discovered at the OZ MEGA.

Thanks Liam - I could have done with that after the 29th Feb event - but its not toooo painful copy and pasting one at a time, and it does help to catch those annoying lookalike code characters when it fails... How does logthemall cope with invalid codes? Does it skip them and give a report afterwards or bomb-out - or worse quietly carry on with you none the wiser?

:-$
I believe it spits you out a message saying that it is invalid. It adds to a page after it logs the TB what the outcome of it was. It takes 4 seconds to log each TB so it saved me a LOT of time.

Spladem

Post by Spladem » 14 April 12 5:41 pm

Thanks Liam, I'd not started the task of TB logging yet.. glad you posted this link to speed up the job..

PrincessDiala
2300 or more caches found
2300 or more caches found

Post by PrincessDiala » 14 April 12 7:44 pm

Thanks Liam for this site, I knew there was one out there... It sure will come in handy!

McAdies
1100 or more caches found
1100 or more caches found

Post by McAdies » 14 April 12 10:18 pm

This site is awesome. Used it for a year or more.
Made the Mega trackables really easy, we logged over 100 in a couple of minutes after putting all the codes in.

lemmykc

Post by lemmykc » 15 April 12 11:05 am

I had it even easier. At the MEGA I simply put all of the codes into one Evernote note, then I accessed that note from the computer and I just copied the whole note into this site! It was super quick and super easy - and free!
Last edited by lemmykc on 15 April 12 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LouiseAnn
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by LouiseAnn » 15 April 12 11:56 am

Bugger, I've already done mine!!

juc_cacher

Post by juc_cacher » 18 April 12 10:04 pm

Nice ! Pity it doesn't allow you to upload photos as well. I find that is the worst part of logging a bunch of trackables.

I'm one of those suckers who tries to add photos of each trackable each time I "visit" a cache, although these days, I am bit selective about that and stick to the more interesting or scenic caches. If I have a bunch of trackables, I usually just take the one shot of all of them and add that to each TB, which is a tedious process if there's more than 2 involved.

Unfortunately, the GC website doesn't allow you to upload the image once and then point to it from multiple logs, but that's another story :?

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 24 April 12 9:48 pm

Hmmm, give someone you have no idea who they are your GC.com username and password sounds unwise to me...

I hope you all changed your passwords after you used the "service". Imagine they actually harvest your passwords and change your login and do some funky stuff with your account. I know they say they wont but just a thought.

lemmykc

Post by lemmykc » 24 April 12 9:52 pm

Big Matt and Shell wrote:Hmmm, give someone you have no idea who they are your GC.com username and password sounds unwise to me...

I hope you all changed your passwords after you used the "service". Imagine they actually harvest your passwords and change your login and do some funky stuff with your account. I know they say they wont but just a thought.
I hope Matt isn't right with this one :shock:

Just shows what a lack of age + the internet can do ](*,) #-o

Laighside Legends
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Laighside Legends » 24 April 12 11:04 pm

c@w could look up my gc.com password if he wanted to... but I guess we trust him...