Hi - new member

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bill BD

Hi - new member

Post by Bill BD » 14 April 12 10:21 am

Hi, I am a new member living in Wandering WA. (a place not a state of being). I am giving geocaching a try to see if it will broaden our caravan travel experience.

cheers, Bill

TwoDrews
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen
Twitter: _macca_

Re: Hi - new member

Post by TwoDrews » 14 April 12 3:29 pm

Welcome Bill! Geocaching will most certainly broaden your travel experiences. In fact you'll quite likely get so hooked all you'll want to do is travel from one to the other and only go home when you REALLY have to. That's my idea of bliss..!

quiet1_au
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by quiet1_au » 14 April 12 3:54 pm

Welcome Bill. I did a lot of caching when I travelled overseas definitely worth it. It can take you to some interesting places you'd never have gone otherwise, often teaching you bits of history or geology (in the case of Earthcaches). It can play havoc with sightseeing schedules though :lol:

Enjoy!
:-$

Team Pathfinder
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Post by Team Pathfinder » 14 April 12 5:36 pm

Hi Bill and welcome to the forum,

You will definately broaden your horizon by geocaching whilst caravaning or visa versa. We have travelled many kilometres with caravan in tow whilst geocaching, the latest is the near 5000 kilometres over to the second Oz Mega and we haven't even come home yet! :D You will find you make heaps for friends all over Oz and find great places to park up that aren't even mentioned in the Camps books.

We came over to the first Oz Mega at Wagga back in April 2010 and had so much fun we only just made it home for Christmas!

We have our geocaching name on the rear of our caravan so when you are out there on the road keep an eye out for us, currently we are in Wagga NSW heading to Bathurst tomorrow for guess what???? More geocaching.

Bill BD

Post by Bill BD » 15 April 12 10:21 am

Cheers everyone. My wife in particular is very enthusiastic after yesterday's start. Found 2 out of 4 (they were all supposed to be easy so I dunno about "hard"). There is one about 50m from our house that we couldn't find.... grrr. Good fun.

FelixII
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by FelixII » 17 April 12 7:01 pm

Hi Bill,

We were down in Wandering not too long ago. Some of those were nano's have you looked on sites to actually see what a nano looks like?

They are pretty small to be finding as a beginner.

Definitely a great hobby to combine with camping/caravanning!

See you out and about.

David & Dea :P