Cachers who refuses to sign the log book

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.

Should I delete the offending log

Poll ended at 08 February 12 10:14 am

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 74

Marcus Vitruvius
5000 or more caches found

Re: Cachers who refuses to sign the log book

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 08 February 12 8:05 pm

rinsemesocks wrote:If the logbook was missing, or full (and assuming you don't have a replacement log or piece of paper), would you claim the find.
For me...if the log book is unsignable due to no fault of the finder, then they should be allowed to claim the find...eg. wet, missing, stuck in container (mostly due to it being tattered). This is the rule of thumb I play by, and to some extant, expect others to sympathetic to me if I'm faced with the same problem...But, like MBO, usually I have my iphone with me, so a quick snap of the cache for proof should be all that's required.

Marcus Vitruvius

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 08 February 12 8:07 pm

Marcus Vitruvius wrote:
rinsemesocks wrote:If the logbook was missing, or full (and assuming you don't have a replacement log or piece of paper), would you claim the find.
Yes...For me...if the log book is unsignable due to no fault of the finder, then they should be allowed to claim the find...eg. wet, missing, stuck in container (mostly due to it being tattered). This is the rule of thumb I play by, and to some extant, expect others to sympathetic to me if I'm faced with the same problem...But, like MBO, usually I have my iphone with me, so a quick snap of the cache for proof should be all that's required.

NamadgiWarrior

Post by NamadgiWarrior » 06 August 12 4:56 pm

Well, this explains a few emails I have gotten over the past 6 months.
I note that the posters who mentioned my emails didn't mention that I had stated that I was out with my kids minding my own business and that I didn't appreciate being contacted in relation to signing or not signing your logs. I don't care if you remove me from your log base or whatever. I only took up geocaching because my wife used to do it. When she died earlier this year I did those caches with my sons as a memorial to her.
Where do you people get off speculating over the lives of people who don't jump through all the hoops of your hobby? Really, it is offensive. I'm not this Panic guy, but yes I have met him and he was nice enough to me. Though if you all treat people the way you have treated me, I can't understand how you think you have the right to call people anti-social. I hope you all can take a look at what you have written here, and have enough shame to write something nicer in the future.

pprass
10000 or more caches found

Post by pprass » 06 August 12 6:12 pm

NamadgiWarrior wrote:...Where do you people get off speculating over the lives of people who don't jump through all the hoops of your hobby? Really, it is offensive.
If anything that you have written in your post is true, then why on earth didn't you explain your situation in your frist response instead of being offensive - would have taken the same amount of time to write and stopped all of this.

From your response here you are obviously a very angry non conformist type of person who should not wreck other peoples games. If you don't want to follow simple rules that we are guided by then just quitely go away and play on GCA caches please.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 06 August 12 6:32 pm

pprass wrote:
NamadgiWarrior wrote:...Where do you people get off speculating over the lives of people who don't jump through all the hoops of your hobby? Really, it is offensive.
If anything that you have written in your post is true, then why on earth didn't you explain your situation in your frist response instead of being offensive - would have taken the same amount of time to write and stopped all of this.

From your response here you are obviously a very angry non conformist type of person who should not wreck other peoples games. If you don't want to follow simple rules that we are guided by then just quitely go away and play on GCA caches please.
Uncalled for, thanks.

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 06 August 12 7:04 pm

As the OP, do I have the right to have this topic deleted?

pprass

Post by pprass » 06 August 12 8:05 pm

I reckon you do.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 06 August 12 8:18 pm

I'll lock it but I won't delete it. I'm not into rewriting history.

NamadgiWarrior

Post by NamadgiWarrior » 12 August 12 3:53 pm

pprass wrote:

1. That was my first response here.
2. I'm not answerable to you or any other geocacher.
3. Yes, I am a non conformist type. I don't feel any need to conform.
4. My email was a lot more polite than people have made it out to be.
5. How would you feel if you were minding your own business with your kids having a fun day out and some one contacted you to tell you that you hadn't enjoyed your personal day out they way they wanted? Especially 3 days after your wife's funeral? I think you'd have used a lot worse language than I did, especially after they persisted in contacting you after you asked them not to.
6. Yes, I did tell the stranger who persisted in contacting me that I would contact the police if they continued to do so. After I reasonably asked them to stop contacting me they chose not to follow that request.
7. People posting here have not posted the full story, just what they wanted you to know to ensure sympathy for their side of the story.
8. Leave me alone.
9. If you plan on posting any further responses, read this first http://www.andrewcram.com/falsehood.pdf

noikmeister

Post by noikmeister » 12 August 12 4:42 pm

caughtatwork wrote:I'll lock it but I won't delete it. I'm not into rewriting history.
Did you lock it?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 12 August 12 10:06 pm

noikmeister wrote:
caughtatwork wrote:I'll lock it but I won't delete it. I'm not into rewriting history.
Did you lock it?
You asked if you have the right and you do if you want it locked.
You hadn't asked, so I didn't.
I suspect you do, so I will.