water bottle holder belt

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Op Ivy
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

water bottle holder belt

Post by Op Ivy » 30 October 11 5:32 pm

I'm after a water bottle holder belt like this: http://www.pedometersaustralia.com/p/48 ... older.html . I mainly want to use it for bushwalking/caching but it would also be good to use for running if it doesn't move around too much. Just wondering if anyone here uses one of these and can recommend which brands/styles to look at?

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Re: water bottle holder belt

Post by Team Wibble » 30 October 11 6:21 pm

I have something like this: http://www.fuelbelt.com/s.nl/it.A/id.72 ... egory=-109
Which I got from a sports/shoe store (Jogger's World in Adelaide). It's great for running. Doesn't hold a huge amount of water (but you can get ones with more little bottles)

I know of several orienteers who run with these, but also with similar ones to what you're describing and I don't think they move around too much. I think they're available from outdoor shops like Snowgum & Paddy Pallin.

Dippedidooda
2500 or more caches found

Post by Dippedidooda » 30 October 11 11:34 pm

I bought a Nike bottle and belt similar to this http://reviews.nike.com/9191/FC0082/nik ... eviews.htm a couple of years ago. I found it great, especially if I put a hydration drink in it rather than water - as the bottle isn't so big. But it didn't jump around or jiggle and I found the zipped pocket handy for a key, tissue, or money. It all stayed on snugly and the angle of the bottle meant it was easy to get out and put back in. The other day I went for a jog with my camera in it rather than the bottle and I was impressed that it held that nicely too.

Op Ivy
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by Op Ivy » 31 October 11 4:25 pm

Thanks Team Wibble and Dippedidooda. The one with the two bottles looks interesting but I don't use sports drinks so probably just one larger bottle for water would be best for me and with least fuss. It sounds like the Nike one must be well designed/nicely balanced so I'll look around and see if I can find one of those as my first preference. I think the bottle angle on it is a bit more sloped than for the caribee so probably easier to pull out and put back whilst running. Thank you both - will be getting one ASAP as I'm really starting to feel the heat these last couple of weeks.

Dippedidooda

Post by Dippedidooda » 31 October 11 5:53 pm

I noticed on that link I posted that it said no longer available. But when I did a google search there was one the same available on Amazon to buy. So that's an option. I would imagine that something similar or a newer version would be available in the sports (or outdoor) stores. Oh and I noticed that some people commented on it moving - I think as long as it is done up snugly around the waist, it doesn't. If slung more around the hips where belts are generally worn at the moment, then it will move.

Lucy
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Lucy » 01 November 11 9:13 am

Why not a camel-bak style backpack hydration system? I have a 3L bladder in mine, plus room to carry other bits and pieces. That way there is nothing banging around your waist, and GPSr etc. is easy to hang off the webbing at the front. I find mine very comfortable to walk, run, climb, etc with.

noikmeister
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by noikmeister » 06 November 11 4:13 pm

I've got 2 that came with a Beyond aluminium bottle set I got from 1-day. You can have 1 of them if you want. Just pay for postage. PM me if you want it. It has an adjustable waist belt and a holder for 1 bottle and then two pockets with velcro tops. It is not as fancy as the one you linked, but it would do the same job. I was thinking of throwing them away since I don't have a use.