Is this kosha?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
vamppirate

Re: Is this kosha?

Post by vamppirate » 30 May 11 11:35 pm

In all honesty there were about half a dozen of dads caches that I knew exactly where they were, the others some I knew of, others I didnt but I didnt know where they were.
I dont believe in claiming a find, when part of a family if I dont sign my own name. It gives me an excuse to revist someplaces, such as Glad To See Ya in Gladstone, it was the first cache found as a family and I only logged it till after I went and signed my own name.
I may have had help but it is a disadvantage when you dont get given the right clue or a clue with a word missing. One word can do alot in a hint. Honestly I think dad enjoyed watching me search around the wrong tree with a gps that for some reason kept sending me in the wrong direction.
I dont think there is any harm getting a helping hand from a friendly neighbour or a friend. If there was then we wouldnt have hints.
Even caching as a family it was competitive, however instead of 2 seperate names going in the log as to who found it first and second it was only one with a special mention in the internet log atleast now it can be seen who found the cache first.

vamppirate

Post by vamppirate » 30 May 11 11:39 pm

oops also forgot, if it is a matter of a record then I woud like it known I helped in bundyrumandcoke's 24 hour challenge in 2006, I may have fallen alseep for a few hours at some point but I was in the car from the start right till the end.

Richary
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 31 May 11 12:28 am

I've been sitting on this, firstly though to say I don't have a problem with logs being backdated by someone who has decided to set up there own team name. It's up to her if she wants to claim the ones where she was there but didnt write the name in the book at the time, logged as "part of bundyrumandcoke" would be fine with me.

I would see some problems if a record attempt included caches she had already found but not logged, after all I could spend a few weeks finding caches but not logging them so I know exactly where they are then do a 24 hour marathon trying to get a record of some sort. That's if I was in to records.

vamppirate

Post by vamppirate » 31 May 11 6:45 pm

The only handful I have logged to include in the quick 100 were found from memory thats over 6 years old, yes I knew of them but 95 percent of the caches found in the 100 were new to me.

Just a cacher

Post by Just a cacher » 31 May 11 7:24 pm

Congratulations, on your record, Vamppirate!

You do it the way that FEELS right and honest to you. We all have our own ideas and ways. When I got my own ID, I didn't claim any of my team's finds as mine (backdating, I mean), although I was happy to go out and refind caches, sign my own ID, and THEN claim them as finds for myself. It's all about what feels comfortable and right to you.

Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 31 May 11 8:14 pm

Well, for good or bad, she has done it, Vamppirate has visited and logged in her own name 101 caches in the last 6 days. I did sometimes act as driver for her, partly on our holidays, and partly around Gladstone. They were not all finds, she has about 7 DNFs.

Cheers
'Bundy

Richary

Post by Richary » 31 May 11 11:10 pm

That all sounds eminently fair to me, congrats on 100 quick finds!

Ozibags
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Ozibags » 31 May 11 11:15 pm

I think it's for good, and good on ya vampirate for getting the record. Bundy's and your integrity and transparency is evidenced by starting this thread. People play this hobby their own way, and your way seem pretty robust to me!