Can CO log his/her own moveable?

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
rogerw3
8000 or more caches found

Can CO log his/her own moveable?

Post by rogerw3 » 28 January 11 10:20 am

Just wondering about what other Cachers think of the CO finding and logging his/her own moveable cache, excepting Gnomes at least until February 1st.
After all once the cache has been moved to a new location, it can be considered as a new cache even for the CO.
I guess there would be a small advantage in so far has the container type, size colour etc... would be know to the CO But then again cachers who have found that moveable previously would have the same advantage.
Opinions?
:-k

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found

Re: Can CO log his/her own moveable?

Post by Zalgariath » 28 January 11 10:33 am

Unless I wanted to check up on rescue it from a risky hide I dont think Id bother finding my own moveable. The only time I think Id 'plan' to grab one is if it had been stagnent for ages due to to being hidden in a rarely visited area.

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 28 January 11 10:59 am

I don't think I've ever found one of my own moving caches ... BUT that's because I exclude them from the GPX files when I get them from GCA or send them to my GPS. Same deal for caches I've already found.

Sometimes, if I happen to see a moving cache near me, I'll try for it, even though I may have previously found it, but they're not in my GPS, so it's more luck than planning.

Having said that, let me says this.

I would have no qualms about finding my own moving cache. As you say, the hide is new, the placement is new, the co-ords are new, it's all new except the container. But, a 1 litre sistema by someone else looks like a 1 litre sistema by you, so I would have no issues knowing what the container looked like.

blossom*
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by blossom* » 28 January 11 8:09 pm

I agree with c@w that there's nothing wrong with it. And certainly if it had languished for a long time, it's worth moving it. :)

fluffyfish
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by fluffyfish » 29 January 11 8:07 am

I have moved my own moveable. Almost DNF'd it :oops: Camo was too good. As long as you didn't put it there, I don't mind finding it.

solomonfamily
1700 or more caches found
1700 or more caches found

Re: Can CO log his/her own movable?

Post by solomonfamily » 30 January 11 7:20 pm

If they were to come back "into our range" I too would include our movable as a cache worth finding and moving.

We visited and "noted" but didn't find or move our gnome during the race to do some maintenance.

Cheers

pwags
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by pwags » 31 January 11 11:30 pm

Now that the moving cache race is finished, I am planning to find and log MetroGnome. It will be one of the most challenging caches I've attempted, even though I originally hid it myself! :)

cathylmorgan

Post by cathylmorgan » 01 February 11 12:57 am

Now that the race has finished do you have to wait for two people to find it before you move them again? I hid 7 at Tyabb at the end of the race, but if no-one moves them i would like to get them and spread them out better - I would hate for a muggle to find all 7 and destroy them!
What do people think?

Zalgariath

Post by Zalgariath » 01 February 11 5:58 am

Id say its business as usual now. One move in between finds :D

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 01 February 11 8:40 am

The cache description is the key.
The rules of the game no longer apply, BUT if the cache description has a request, it's probably best to follow it.

Richary

Post by Richary » 01 February 11 9:50 pm

cathylmorgan wrote:Now that the race has finished do you have to wait for two people to find it before you move them again? I hid 7 at Tyabb at the end of the race, but if no-one moves them i would like to get them and spread them out better - I would hate for a muggle to find all 7 and destroy them!
What do people think?
If you think they are in danger then by all means go and get them and move them, but without logging a find. That way nobody can accuse you of finding one you hid, your stats don't go up. Maybe right a note if you aren't going to be rehiding it the same day to let people know it is being relocated.

cathylmorgan

Post by cathylmorgan » 02 February 11 6:10 am

Richary wrote:
cathylmorgan wrote:Now that the race has finished do you have to wait for two people to find it before you move them again? I hid 7 at Tyabb at the end of the race, but if no-one moves them i would like to get them and spread them out better - I would hate for a muggle to find all 7 and destroy them!
What do people think?
If you think they are in danger then by all means go and get them and move them, but without logging a find. That way nobody can accuse you of finding one you hid, your stats don't go up. Maybe right a note if you aren't going to be rehiding it the same day to let people know it is being relocated.
That sounds fair. They are well hidden in the bushes at Tyabb, but if scouts start back there and the kids wander around behind their hall they may just stumble onto the hiding spot! I think i will wait for a couple of days and then i will move them, without logging a find.

Thanks