For the pedants amongst us ...

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Re: For the pedants amongst us ...

Post by Cached » 08 November 10 11:27 am

What worries me is that his sister's name is surely Rhonda... surely you learn to spell your siblings names??

Had to laugh at the stories though!

Yurt
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 08 November 10 11:38 am

Cached wrote:What worries me is that his sister's name is surely Rhonda... surely you learn to spell your siblings names??

Had to laugh at the stories though!
There was a story in there?
I thought it was random text to fill space a la Lorem ipsum!

Tuena
6500 or more caches found

Post by Tuena » 08 November 10 12:04 pm

I enjoyed the stories & my wife & I have a friend named Ronda.

I normally add such caches to my Ignore list (417) but this one survives. :)

nibbler
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by nibbler » 08 November 10 12:11 pm

Hmm...........most of my mistakes come from not being a good typist.The last post about Coffin Bay I really have to wonder if someone out there could help this guy out and proof read. I hope I have all my typing correct ..if not I am sure someone will tell me hehehehe :wink:

theUMP

Post by theUMP » 08 November 10 1:41 pm

I've often thought that ww should take up pearl diving, if he really can manage those descriptions in one breath!

I won't hear a word against him, though, as he's one of the nicest people you could hope to meet. Takes in foster kids, works with local charities, always has an appreciative word in his reviewer notes.

Against that, a few missing capitals and commas don't seem so important.

(Plus, he took my mild complaint about his regular "God Bless" being inappropriate towards an atheist very well.)

Trigg-A-Nomics

Post by Trigg-A-Nomics » 08 November 10 2:48 pm

theUMP wrote:I've often thought that ww should take up pearl diving, if he really can manage those descriptions in one breath!
He certainly is prolific! He's almost single handedly raised Pt Lincoln's cache density to something approaching that of an Adelaide suburb.

It should make for a good numbers run at Christmas next year. :-$

Bronnie_1990
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found
Twitter: bronnie1990

Post by Bronnie_1990 » 08 November 10 3:52 pm

oh my god just reading that story was so crazy i kind of got lost when he said something about his sister being caught out with chocolates did she like get into serious major trouble by her parents or something i totally got confused and scrolled down to the bottom of it whilst having a giggle at how long it was i mean who the hell writes all of that in one single cache description it makes me feel like im just writing this is my cache please find it in mine hahahaha its like when writing essays in school i've always wanted to put a recipe for chocolate cake in it to see if anyone notices perhaps i should do that when making my next cache lol just kidding but hey who knows?

:-"

kennythe1st

Post by kennythe1st » 08 November 10 5:52 pm

wheres wolly is wollowing in laafta at yo pedance :lol: When I finally get over that way, avoiding the great whites while snacking on sashimi, I just hope their caches are even half as good as their sense of humour.

And in case you self confessed (implicitly or explicitly) pedants have forgotten what the term means, here's Wikipedia:

A pedant is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, or who makes a show of their learning. [my emphases] :P

Go wolly, Kenny

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 10 November 10 11:42 pm

kennythe1st wrote:wheres wolly is wollowing in laafta at yo pedance :lol: When I finally get over that way, avoiding the great whites while snacking on sashimi, I just hope their caches are even half as good as their sense of humour.

And in case you self confessed (implicitly or explicitly) pedants have forgotten what the term means, here's Wikipedia:

A pedant is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, or who makes a show of their learning. [my emphases] :P

Go wolly, Kenny
Does correcting peoples mistakes in a comment below their Facebook status BEFORE making your actual reply/comment count as me being a Pedant?
#-o :-#

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 23 December 10 9:21 am

You have not Favorited a Geocache.

I was wondering what this favorite or should that be favourite business was so clicked on the link. My spell checker indicates that Geocache & favourite are incorrectly spelt. Indeed spelt is not correct either! Favorited is fine.

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 23 December 10 10:08 am

Reminds me of the puzzle cache the Wibbles published and the spelling mistakes were the actual cipher to solve. People flamed Claire over the spelling, totally missing the whole point of the puzzle. :lol:
Doubly funny as Claire is rather ...correct...about spelling. :)
(Sorry for the potential spoiler but more people should do this cache anyway.)
And I recall there are a few other caches in Adelaide with the same idea.

Tuena

Post by Tuena » 17 January 11 10:50 am

Purchased an LED Light which had some very funny instructions & spelling mistakes. I even thought of adding a Locationless Cache where such examples could be highlighted but the possibility of legal action put an end to that idea.

Banner: This .... light is innovation lights which lead the currency in such ofield

The instructions in part:

Produet specialties: Water-proof (chare strong system of water proof but prohibited to dry in water).

Auxiliary part: when climbing or camping (Use the hanger)

Instuction: The use of changing the dry battery Circumrotate Counter-clockwise. Change the battery while open.

Unfortunately the cover wouldn't Circumrotate in either direction so I'm stuck with a non-light I guess. :(

murf
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by murf » 17 January 11 1:32 pm

Sounds like you ran into another example of "Engrish" http://www.engrish.com/

MtnLioness

Post by MtnLioness » 18 January 11 6:38 pm

Ha!
That site is Hirarius!!

TeamCassie

Post by TeamCassie » 20 January 11 5:25 pm

ACDRNDICG TO RSCHEEARCH AT CMABRIGDE UINERVTISY, IT DSENO'T MTAETR WAHT OERDR THE LTTERES IN A WROD ARE, THE OLNY IPROAMTNT TIHNG IS TAHT THE FRSIT AND LSAT LTTEER BE IN THE RGHIT PCLAE. TIHS IS BCUSEAE THE HUAMN MNID DEOS NOT RAED ERVEY LTETER BY ISTLEF, BUT THE WROD AS A WLOHE.

okay yes I am a smarty pants \:D/