Concerns re 2012 Oz Mega.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
psychokat
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Re: Concerns re 2012 Oz Mega.

Post by psychokat » 19 December 10 3:05 pm

I've had a look at the Laurel Hill site, and it clearly states that pets are NOT welcome.

I couldn't find anything about pets and the Gundagai showground, although I assume that they are a bit more relaxed there.
Most New South Wales Showgrounds allow dogs provided they remain on a leash.

MtnLioness
2800 or more caches found
2800 or more caches found

Post by MtnLioness » 20 December 10 12:12 am

SA_ParrotHead wrote:
However even the committee seem to be mocking those with questions with comments of "having to kill you if we tell".
I do believe it was tongue in cheek....you know....one of those Joke things.
If he really intended to mock you, I am sure he could have made that quite clear.

shrek4 wrote: Whist I too am waiting for details of the NZ event, they have gone awfully quiet at the moment. To be honest they need to declare their hand very soon for their plans. People keep referring to the NZ event as a done deal I.e the OZ vs NZ or OZ and NZ events when technically both are in the planning stages, only one has pencilled a date, and whilst the NZ crew declared their 'intention of interest' first, they weren't the first to lock a date in. Personally I'd suggest (with respect) they take 2012 off the table and look to another year. This suggestion is to afford as many participants the opportunity ($$$ and leave) to hopefully attend both.
I agree, which is why I have said this -
MtnLioness wrote:Ok, I have been watching both announcement posts with quite some feelings of discomfort about the undercurrents going on beneath it all.

I saw the NZ post come up and I felt like it was them just putting their feelers out, I also got the impression that nothing so far had even been planned, they were just telling people they were prepared to put themselves on the job and see if it could be done.

I then saw the Oz mega event thread pop up almost as if they feared that if they didn't hurry up and stick what they had up now, they might just lose everyones interest from the very get go....which it seems, they kinda have, a little sad really.
On another note -
Princess Consuela wrote: Part of the adventure is the journey and for me, the journey will be exactly the same :?
This I kinda agree with you on, Ciril & I were talking about this and He told me the same thing, I had never thought of it like that either. The way there will be the same one people traversed last time and therefore the serious lack of new caches will make the trip boring and hard to endure for Familys with Tired weary kids!
I suppose there is nothing you can do about THAT but there it is. :shock:

semik
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by semik » 20 December 10 3:18 am

MtnLioness wrote:
On another note -
Princess Consuela wrote: Part of the adventure is the journey and for me, the journey will be exactly the same :?
This I kinda agree with you on, Ciril & I were talking about this and He told me the same thing, I had never thought of it like that either. The way there will be the same one people traversed last time and therefore the serious lack of new caches will make the trip boring and hard to endure for Familys with Tired weary kids!
I suppose there is nothing you can do about THAT but there it is. :shock:
The journey for me will be exactly the same, QUITE expensive, and I can't hope for new caches along the majority of my trek (air, bus, train). But I can't wait to see all the people I met again (all in one place), and get to know more! The people were the #1 reason for my enjoyment of Australia, without the people it would have just been like any other vacation.

And well, the Snowy Mountains hold a special place in my heart because they are the stage for my first impressions of Australia 26 years ago. That area is very distinctly different than all the other areas of the 4 states I visited last year. I was told by the locals that they were more beautiful than they had been in recent years because they had had more rain. And they were, just gorgeous. Because I needed to get back to Wagga Wagga, I only had time to attempt the one cache I very much wanted while in the mountains so I have more to retrieve than others. I've made my request to the committee to assign the task to have more placed maybe a little more text needs to appear on that subject from more attendees?