I'd love to hold one

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
Calypso62

I'd love to hold one

Post by Calypso62 » 08 November 10 8:33 pm

I'm wanting to buy a Garmin GPSMAP 62s. I've done my research and feel this unit will suit my needs. Before I venture to the shop to purchase, I'd like to actually hold one in my hand and have a fiddle with it and talk to the owner about their experiences with the unit. I'm also hoping there will be some caches loaded into the unit so I can see what the various screens look like.

So, anyone in Sydney that has one of these units and would demonstrate it to me, as well as let me have a fiddle, I would like to hear from you. I live in the Castle Hill area but will travel anywhere in Sydney for this purpose.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Calypso62

WazzaAndWenches
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Re: I'd love to hold one

Post by WazzaAndWenches » 08 November 10 8:51 pm

Not quite Sydney but you're welcome to take the short drive to Echuca in Northern Vic. It's only about 8 hours and you'll get to see a whole heap of bitumen, white lines and wooden posts along the way. ](*,)
The bonus is that I'll make you a cuppa while you "have a fiddle"\:D/

Calypso62

Post by Calypso62 » 08 November 10 9:01 pm

Hi WandW,

Funny you should say that..... We're thinking of passing through Echuca in January. We would like to go for a ride on a paddle steamer and thought we'd pass that way on our travels to Melbourne for the Australian Open tennis. But I am hoping to have a 62s up and running by then. Hmmmm...might take you up on the cuppa though!! \:D/ Thanks for the offer.

pjmpjm
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found
Twitter: Booroobin

Holding the GPSr You Love

Post by pjmpjm » 09 November 10 4:56 pm

You can hold my Oregon 300 any time, mate . . .

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 09 November 10 5:07 pm

After the Oregons, would never go back to a 62 series...