"Sent from my mobile device"

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Damo.

Re: "Sent from my mobile device"

Post by Damo. » 08 November 10 12:48 pm

Yurt wrote:Here's a log with all the normal jubilation that goes with being FTF.

http://coord.info/GC2HV68
My first FTF :-). Sneakly little bugger, took about 10 min to find. Fellow cahchers having a good chuckle while I was looking. TFTC

This entry was edited by dragansj on Sunday, 07 November 2010 at 14:15:14.
:?:

Cached
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by Cached » 08 November 10 1:32 pm

I'm struggling to see the problem here - I take it he posted a "log later" and this is the later log?

It's a pleasant enough log - I wouldn't have been upset by it at all. Not everybody is a FTF hound or holds it as something special.

tatty

Post by tatty » 08 November 10 1:43 pm

Earlier it just said 'sent from my mobile device', it has indeed been edited since.

Yurt
4500 or more caches found

Post by Yurt » 08 November 10 1:57 pm

Argh! I withdraw my snooty comment! ](*,)

That's not in the spirit of slagging people off for these logs. They're supposed to keep them that way! :mrgreen:

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 08 November 10 2:15 pm

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/GC2HV68
The original log made it to GCA.
When the next feed comes through it will get updated.
But it's there for you to enjoy at the moment.

Big Matt and Shell
6500 or more caches found
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 08 November 10 2:44 pm

This is really getting to me, if it's not enough verbage it would be too much. If he/she/it didn't post a log for FTF someone will come along and cruicify them for not posting quick enough.

I'm glad I'm not a new cacher these days, so many rules and peoples feelings to worry about. I don't like the TFTC logs but have learnt to live with them, I now get out and find a cache when I find myself getting frustrated about these things and try to get back to that feeling I had when I found my first cache, do you remember what that was like?

Before someone trolls up something that I have said 4 years ago on the forums about not liking something, go out and find a cache! If you still want to post something snide, then go out and bloody well find another one and see if you still feel like it.

Yurt

Post by Yurt » 08 November 10 4:20 pm

Nah it was just one I saw listed at the weekend and I was wondering who found it. Was surprised to find only one log and more surprised to find that particular log. Good on them for updating it.

I hereby resolve not to nitpick any more. :-#

belken

Post by belken » 08 November 10 4:53 pm

Big Matt and Shell wrote:
Before someone trolls up something that I have said 4 years ago on the forums about not liking something, go out and find a cache! If you still want to post something snide, then go out and bloody well find another one and see if you still feel like it.
Why do you get to have all the fun.

Big Matt and Shell
Twitter: BigMattandShell

Post by Big Matt and Shell » 08 November 10 9:17 pm

belken wrote:
Big Matt and Shell wrote:
Why do you get to have all the fun.
I'd say you are, you're going caching after all, perhaps twice even! :wink:

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 08 November 10 10:50 pm

The forums (and nitpicking [-X ) are for after hours when you don't feel like night caching :lol:

Caches during the day, forums at night. Works for me. Or forums as well on weekends while having the morning coffee! :wink:

Zalgariath
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by Zalgariath » 08 November 10 11:28 pm

Where was that "Creative Insult" thread that let people blow off steam in the name of good fun gone? haha

"Your attempts at camo wouldn't confuse Stevie Wonder you colour-blind mulberry eating numbat!!" :lol:

bshwckr
500 or more caches logged
Twitter: bshwckr

Post by bshwckr » 09 November 10 11:16 pm

I think that mobile logging has a lot to offer if it keeps developing. Rather than isolating you from the caching community, it has the ability to unite cachers.
I would like to see a feature that alerts you of other cachers nearby. This could be as simple as letting you know someone just logged a cache that you logged today or it could go as far as showing other cachers positions on the map page.
I love stumbling upon other cachers and having a chat. This would make it that much easier to find them in the wild.

Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 09 November 10 11:41 pm

bshwckr wrote:I think that mobile logging has a lot to offer if it keeps developing. Rather than isolating you from the caching community, it has the ability to unite cachers.
I would like to see a feature that alerts you of other cachers nearby. This could be as simple as letting you know someone just logged a cache that you logged today or it could go as far as showing other cachers positions on the map page.
I love stumbling upon other cachers and having a chat. This would make it that much easier to find them in the wild.
http://live.geocaching.com is designed around some of those principles, though i'm not sure if a pulse is still present. :wink:

mm

bshwckr
Twitter: bshwckr

Post by bshwckr » 10 November 10 12:25 am

Map Monkey wrote:
bshwckr wrote:I think that mobile logging has a lot to offer if it keeps developing. Rather than isolating you from the caching community, it has the ability to unite cachers.
http://live.geocaching.com is designed around some of those principles, though i'm not sure if a pulse is still present. :wink:

mm
No iPhone version ](*,) . I would like to see it as part of the official app to make it more useful.