Australia's Largest Cache

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Freddo

Re: Australia's Largest Cache

Post by Freddo » 07 August 10 12:55 am

Just the thread to beat my own drum. The Big Kahuna http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... e165&log=y is a used ammo container. It once contained four bombs or some sort. It is big but maybe not this big.
Although it is big enough to be a dinning table.

The Silver Snitch
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by The Silver Snitch » 07 August 10 1:23 am

Yep Ceres.....what a fun cache...when your child can fit inside!.....Inside the cache that is! \:D/ \:D/

Black Bunny

Post by Black Bunny » 07 August 10 5:59 pm

Errrr..... wouldn't that be just a bit too tempting - if you can leave a child inside a cache? :-) I don't think you're supposed to use children as swaps. Mind you, I wouldn't mind finding a useful sort of one. The sort that can climb trees, and go down small holes, and such. I could trade a dog....

Wendy

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 07 August 10 6:10 pm

Black Bunny wrote:Errrr..... wouldn't that be just a bit too tempting - if you can leave a child inside a cache? :-) I don't think you're supposed to use children as swaps. Mind you, I wouldn't mind finding a useful sort of one. The sort that can climb trees, and go down small holes, and such. I could trade a dog....

Wendy
I think Freddo's tried leaving a child as a swap... http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx ... 85c86304c6 :mrgreen:

setsujoku
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found
Twitter: BGNWP

Post by setsujoku » 07 August 10 9:40 pm

Freddo wrote:Just the thread to beat my own drum. The Big Kahuna http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... e165&log=y is a used ammo container. It once contained four bombs or some sort. It is big but maybe not this big.
Although it is big enough to be a dinning table.
We had a great time having dinner there!

Anja thought I was crazy when I suggested it, but having seen it when Freddo was given it, I thought why not, we needed to have dinner anyway!

Freddo

Post by Freddo » 08 August 10 12:04 am

Took: Macca toy
Left: James the Newt
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Rigger64
950 or more random things achieved
950 or more random things achieved

Re:

Post by Rigger64 » 08 August 10 12:11 am

Varuna wrote:Thought 20-litre container was bigger one that have ever seen at Poineers Chair (GC3448) - a several kms away from Peninsular Getaway. :?:
Well i can tell that Poineers Chair was a 27 Litre Bucket & Peninsular Getaway. Was a 10 Litre Bucket i know this because i have the bucket sitting in my back yard.

The Biggest i have seen would have to be one of my caches. It is about a 30-40 odd Litre screw top container it is quite funny to read some of the logs & hear some of the stoires from cachers that recon they nearly fell into the cache trying to reach the bottom of the container.

But the biggest container i have found would have to be Cachers Know Cachers. By Team Crackers.

Zytheran
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Post by Zytheran » 08 August 10 5:10 pm

maccamob wrote:Don't think we can top Philipp's, but the largest we've found in Australia would be The Asteroids: Ceres by TeamAstro. The inner container is a plastic garbage bin, and the outer one (it's a surprise) is even bigger.
Yep. Largest by far. The outer container is roughly 120 liter I think. =D>

SamWalkers
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life
900 answers to the unknown mysteries of life

Post by SamWalkers » 09 August 10 10:54 am

Black Bunny wrote:Errrr..... wouldn't that be just a bit too tempting - if you can leave a child inside a cache? :-) I don't think you're supposed to use children as swaps. Mind you, I wouldn't mind finding a useful sort of one. The sort that can climb trees, and go down small holes, and such. I could trade a dog....

Wendy
I have had something in mind like this for the next mobile cache race.
Once you pick up my 16yo you have to feed him until the next cacher finds him.

GCA tattoo and number on his butt.

Black Bunny

Post by Black Bunny » 09 August 10 11:10 am

Err.. I'm not sure a 16 year old was what I had in mind. Haven't you got a nice, teachable 10 year old?

I don't think I can afford to feed a 16 year old indefinitely. Besides, one 16 year old would fill up a cache on his/her own.

Wendy