Amusing things seen, or heard, at Oz Mega.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found

Amusing things seen, or heard, at Oz Mega.

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 10 April 10 4:47 pm

In line with other threads about everything Oz Mega Wagga Wagga, what did you see, or hear, that you thought was amusing?

For me, one day, possible sunday, around lunchtime, the audio over the PA got stuck in a loop of about 40 seconds. As I was wandering up to the stage area, I ducked in to tell someone about it, and asked if someone on the committee was giving out subliminal messages about a special, as yet unannounced cache hidden in the area. A few people laughed when they listened to what was playing- Another Brick in the Wall , by Pink Floyd.

Cheers
Bundy

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Re: Amusing things seen, or heard, at Oz Mega.

Post by Team Wibble » 10 April 10 5:09 pm

Probably this, that I took a blurry (unfortunately) photo of:

Yes, its a moveable cache with half a horse sitting in it, can you imagine explaining this photo to anyone?

Another not so amusing in itself but amusing in my reaction was how many times I overheard people say "cache" in conversation and thought "hey! someone's talking about caching" for half a second before I remembered where I was :oops:

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 10 April 10 6:50 pm

We were in the "Registration Hall " around 5 pm Sunday when a lady came up to me without her name tag on and stated this....

"My daughter was so disappointed about something at the "helicopter drop " that as we drove out to complete some caches for the day,she was crying in the car ".

I asked her if maybe her daughter didnt get a sponge ball or maybe got knocked over in the rush "

She said...no, she was so looking forward to seeing Mr Coffee get hit with a water bomb and it didnt happen !!! :shock:

Cheers Greg :D

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 10 April 10 8:38 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote:In line with other threads about everything Oz Mega Wagga Wagga, what did you see, or hear, that you thought was amusing?

For me, one day, possible sunday, around lunchtime, the audio over the PA got stuck in a loop of about 40 seconds. As I was wandering up to the stage area, I ducked in to tell someone about it, and asked if someone on the committee was giving out subliminal messages about a special, as yet unannounced cache hidden in the area. A few people laughed when they listened to what was playing- Another Brick in the Wall , by Pink Floyd.

Cheers
Bundy
that was saturday lunch time !

mundoo
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by mundoo » 10 April 10 10:15 pm

While I was volunteering at the wine and cheese tasting the owners of the winery mentioned to those tasting that they 'thought' a geocache had been hidden out the front.

The resultant rush of geocachers trying for the First to Find was funny to see. \:D/

There was no geocache hidden here. :D

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 10 April 10 11:08 pm

mundoo wrote:While I was volunteering at the wine and cheese tasting the owners of the winery mentioned to those tasting that they 'thought' a geocache had been hidden out the front.
That explains why we saw all these others out there, so decided to have a look ourselves after the tasting. =D>

Marcus Vitruvius

Post by Marcus Vitruvius » 11 April 10 12:00 am

I couldn't help but have a giggle when hearing the mayor of Wagga Wagga pronounce geocaching as 'geo-catching' on more than one occasion. All I kept thinking was whether the mayor's PR assistant will have a job on Tuesday.

Jezzza_Xtreme
600 or more caches found
600 or more caches found

Post by Jezzza_Xtreme » 11 April 10 8:24 am

We heard it as 'Geo-Ka-CHING' as in muchos revenue :P

homedg
1550 or more caches found
1550 or more caches found

Post by homedg » 11 April 10 8:16 pm

Postie Girl ripped up on stage doing Karaoke and then getting the entire audience to give her 3 cheers.
Classic!

squalid
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found

Post by squalid » 12 April 10 1:08 pm

Saw a couple of cars parked at "Corner Country 2" and some people over by the fence. Thought they HAD to be cachers, so jokingly went over with "What do you people think you're doing here!". Answer was something like "Sorry, just admiring the view". Had to backtrack REALLY quickly. I also thought they were all carrying GPSes, but when I got closer, they were stubbies. Should've had my glasses on! No harm done.

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 12 April 10 4:39 pm

I suppose I can add an amusing thing done as well. Saturday morning, around the 0730 mark, go for a wander up to the toilets closest to the campgrounds, and note that 2 of the 4 cubicles in the gents are out of loo paper, with the other 2 on their last legs. So I wandered up to the registration area, and report this fact to Roostaman. He takes action immediately, to grab some from inside, except, no keys to the still locked building can be found. All doors locked, and the keys were with someone who had not yet turned up for the day. A bit of a panic ensues. I pick up a stick off the ground, and have the door unlocked and opened in about 5 seconds. I make Roostaman promise that he will not tell anyone of my previous profession till after the event. I did a resupply run to the loos after that.

I used to be a postie, in case you were wondering. But the scouts really should do something about their building security.

Cheers
Bundy

SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 12 April 10 5:17 pm

Bundyrumandcoke wrote: But the scouts really should do something about their building security.
They're used to tents. :D

jusojara
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by jusojara » 15 April 10 3:31 pm

I met myself!!!

While out collecting some of the local caches on Sunday we were arriving at GZ's as another group were leaving for about the first 4 caches. We eventually caught up with them at one of the caches and as we made our introductions one of the other cachers looks at my nametag, shakes my hand and says my first name, followed by my surname.

I thought this a little odd as I didn't think out surnames were on the tags. Then I had the 'Oh' #-o moment and realised that was his name - the same as mine.

Quite amusing to meet myself =D>

FarmerFrentzen

Post by FarmerFrentzen » 15 April 10 4:25 pm

The late night run into town to finish a 5/5 was amusing for those that participated. Some of us had a few drinks around the campsite. :-"

The Rats

Post by The Rats » 16 April 10 8:24 am

FarmerFrentzen wrote:The late night run into town to finish a 5/5 was amusing for those that participated. Some of us had a few drinks around the campsite. :-"
I was fine, just the rest of my body was in a state of confusion. :oops:

My daughter had one of those classic one liners that kids have. Upon her return to our campsite after being out playing she said she'd met thousands of new friends. "And you know what Dad, they're all geocachers like us, how cool is that"...... You gotta love the things kids say.