Camstal
6%
ruzzelz
94%

Total votes: 35

caughtatwork

QLD - Senate Voting

Post by caughtatwork » 01 March 10 8:34 am

Vote here for your Queensland senate representative. First past the post wins.

Camstal wrote:I am interested in nominating myself for the role of Senator for Queensland.

I have been geocaching since March 07...nearly three years. I have only found over thirty caches, including a couple of GCA's but the main reason being is that I live in a town in Central Queensland, which only has around a dozen caches within a fifty kilometre radius. I have hidden around ten caches, including two GCA caches.

I regularly use the forums and I am currently running the GeoPhoto Comp over in the Things Photographic Page.

The thing that sums up why I would like to be a Senator is that I really want to put something back into the thing that I get a lot out of.

Thanks,
Camstal
ruzzelz wrote:After some time pondering over the Senate nomination process I have decided to throw my hat in the ring and nominate for Queensland.

ruzzelz has been caching now for a little more than 4 years. In that time I have cached in 4 Australian States and overseas.

GCA has certainly been the foremost site of use for ruzzelz in geocaching discussions and for the provision of information about caching issues. Posting on GCA has certainly paid dividends in provision of information on prime Interstate caching experiences or things as simple as where to hire a bicycle.

ruzzelz has also been active in the discussions and negotiations with Parks authorities and the Brisbane City Council about geocaching policy and restrictions. More recently I have been seeking to engage and share information with cachers in other States facing similar issues.

The philosophy for Geocaching Australia has always been as a community website for geocachers in Australia and New Zealand. A major attraction has and continues to be that the site is a free and open geocaching site.

Clearly as the Australian and New Zealand site with the highest level of active geocacher participation in discussions and after Groundspeak the second largest listing site for Australian /New Zealand cachers GCA faces the challenge of how to remain free and open and how to respond to the restrictions which some land managers are implementing in relation to geocaching.

During discussions with the land management agencies in the various Australian States GCA has remained apolitical and I would hope that it can continue to be so in the future.

La Kedi
6000 or more caches found
6000 or more caches found

Re: QLD - Senate Voting

Post by La Kedi » 02 March 10 6:16 pm

What if we like both of them!?

caughtatwork

Post by caughtatwork » 02 March 10 7:31 pm

Choose the one that accepts the smallest bribes?

ruzzelz
5500 or more caches found
5500 or more caches found

Post by ruzzelz » 08 March 10 8:45 pm

Thanks to those of you who responded to the opportunity to vote and at the same time demonstrate a genuine interest in the future for GCA. :D

I hope that everyone takes the time to review some of the great initiatives which are being promoted by our site developers and I encourage you to review the topics and participate in the various caching challenges which have been progressed. :-k

In particular the Ten Years of Geocaching promises to provide us with a new set of great caching opportunities =D> http://forum.geocaching.com.au/viewtopi ... =1&t=13830

So don’t just sit there reading – get outside and place a cache or two. :!: