McKee Clan GeoStreak Update

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
McKee Clan
1500 or more caches found

McKee Clan GeoStreak Update

Post by McKee Clan » 03 February 10 5:27 pm

:D With 50 days under belt. :D
First to finds are nowharder to get, :cry: as the question is how close to home? That would be perfect for wednesday or friday. :) . After over 600 finds since we started it is now time that each cache is to be planned :idea: . Just can't go crazy anymore.

Close to home Puzzles,Puzzles and more puzzles. I have solved 8 puzzles in my top 40 in the last two weeks, yet to be picked up. That will keep us going for a little while. Just finished lesser geocaching shuffle after two days dedication :mrgreen: .

The snag is we are attending OZ mega event at Wagga Wagga and have ordered a path tag to celebrate 1000 finds by discovering the event. Currently we are at 884 with 60 days till the event. Now you do the math, most days can't be more than one per day which is actually not that exciting compared to getting a few while in the area. Up to this point our average is over 10 finds per day but have had to slow it down for wagga wagga. :? Some milestones are precious \:D/ . The slow down has meant we put out our first cache. "Lets start at the beginning" =D>

Big Thanks =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
To Hoochi81 who is organising a day on the water to help me with an extra day around garden Island on the water it is much appreciated.

McKee Clan

Re: McKee Clan GeoStreak Update

Post by McKee Clan » 06 February 10 10:38 am

Surgery yesterday :-& and a first to find the next day. Cool The McKee Clan ain't getting any bigger anymore - 4 kids will do. Have set up a series of driveby's till I'm 100%, walking at a snail pace doesn't make for 5 star terrain hikes :lol: . Puzzle month for us. :-k Also Hide No 2 for us is now in the making I can't wait picking up some primer and lock and lock containers today. :D

ma77hew
2500 or more caches found
2500 or more caches found

Post by ma77hew » 06 February 10 10:00 pm

With a topic name like that, I thought you had logged this cache :oops:

Good effort making your way to the ton, however. =D>

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 15 February 10 2:54 am

Over 60 days :D and had the fun of completing the end of the matter and deltora this week, The slow down has helped to get those puzzle close to home. only 2 within 10km from home available to do and a cluster of kayak only caches 8) it is getting to be a logistical challange. Fitting it all in when one cache is a 1 hour round trip with 15min looking time 8-[ . I see 333 days is a huge effort and my respect builds each day on how that was achieved =D> . I see I am also not the only one doing this at the moment :o .

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 23 February 10 6:17 am

Over 70 days and still strong =D> . Put out 2nd hide to be listed shortly. 1 Hide per month during the streak is the aim, only catch is finding places worth other geocachers visiting. Close to home is puzzle crazy either Zytheran puzzles and Parrothead shuffles 8-[ , thankfully 7 solved in the last fortnight :D . Enjoyed the del series and the matter of the end by freddo as it filled in a weeks block :mrgreen: . Even did a bit of sailing to get there she blows and thank Hoochi81 for the experience :mrgreen: .

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 10 March 10 12:52 am

Over 80 days and can't wait till Wagga Wagga. Still a few close to home and some travelling to do. Enjoying it and watching the four other cachers who are still going strong which is great I hope to meet you soon at Wagga Wagga. See you on the trails

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 18 March 10 3:21 am

90 days \:D/ and the energy is drained a bit this week. With many of the close to home puzzles and traditionals all eaten up it is multi time and some interesting multi's there is in the northern are. Even got a FTF on a multi. Definetly hard to geo streak when you are a soccer coach in full preseason mode and all that comes with 4 kids and a nightshift job. Lotsa planning each week. I have had a couple geobuddies help which has been great, I was taken to wright Island for an adventure with Hoochi81 :) and a 3.5km goat hike :o was fun with DennisC52 for a FTF. Even have a new hide in the works so there is still some exciting stuff :D .

I also had the pleasure of adding a post into the geocaching.com forum where I was eaten alive what an experience. I will stick to this forum in the future at least I learn something here and it is civilised. Scary forum the americans take it way too personal and my god the fights they have with each other. I am glad it did not envolve me or what I posted but they trashed that topic :cry: .

It has been great to get some emails on how to continue the streak and Ideas you have it has been greatly appreciated. We originally planned to do 102 days in a row to beat our no find streak but once we started we thought lets just see. We know getting to 300 will be okay but 400 we are not sure as we have 4 days at hamilton island in november and there is only 4 caches on the island. If we get 1 DNF the streak is gone so that is a concern. So if you are travelling to hamilton island can you put a cache out there to assist us :wink: . If worse comes to worse I will ferry back and get a find and ferry back :evil: .

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 30 March 10 5:35 am

=D> The big 100 days. It has been fun

With Wagga Wagga so close it is finally good to get a couple a day again. The most drawn out proccess is to find only one per day as to keep the 1000 finds in wagga a goal. With 14 up the sleeve for the trip up to wagga it will make for good pitstops for the kids to stretch there legs. No caches at Baranald (stop over on way to wagga for us) which I found suprising so narandera will be the stop on the way home, lots there. We just can't wait.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 15 April 10 2:00 am

120 days down and many more to go.

after returning from Wagga Wagga I see that my local caches are almost non existant. with one at 7km and the next at 11km. It is a hour round trip daily now. It takes a lot more effort than you think and knowing what I know now I think this will be the only time we attempt this, so we better make use of it. For those who are planning to exceed 500 days it is all in the planning. we adventure far and wide to ensure we save local one's for the busy days. Have many puzzles up the sleeve....... puzzled out at the moment but will return to do some. no more spiders or dots please, but without the challange it would not keep the motivation.

Thankyou to all who are putting out new caches in the northern suburbs it all helps, a big cheers to you all.

Hard work...

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 26 April 10 11:47 am

130 days down and looking at the graphs I am intrigued that my print out from 18 days ago to reference with now to see who else is ge-streaking. The others in the mix are Sushilord, J'N'K, M_Family, norkmeister are all above 100 days well done. There was a big surprise as we had not noticed a few of them but with 40 days logged in the last 18 days there was a quick catchup and now I reralise how close we actually are. I thought they had given up?. Also we realised we are not going to break the record that honour will go to sushilord. Keep it going sushilord SA 1,2 & 3 would be great. Such a long way to go and so many puzzles left to work on. I think they call it a "Z Headache". Keep it up.

firesafe
10000 or more caches found

Post by firesafe » 26 April 10 1:30 pm

Keep it going - only 203 days to go \:D/

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 10 May 10 11:07 pm

140 Days and yes I am over it :| but still everday I keep going. I don't understand why I get up 2 hours earlier :( to find them in the dark to continue this madness :-# . only 225 days left to our goal as a minnimum :wink: . The catch is when is it not fun anymore :shock:

firesafe

Post by firesafe » 10 May 10 11:16 pm

I found it easier to grab them on the way home from work ...

emily~angel
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by emily~angel » 12 May 10 8:36 pm

In time to help you out Cipher delta is back on line and I have replaced 2 of mine with new hides.....gives you 3 more nice close ones.

McKee Clan

Post by McKee Clan » 12 May 10 10:58 pm

I found it easier to grab them on the way home from work ...
I agree the alarm clock is so annoying that early. The catch is I coach soccer and two days a week it is easier to go before work due to these commitments. I tried to do it everyday of the week, but come friday I was falling asleep standing up. I have now found a way to get them after work three days of the week to get some more sleep. I just relised that, in the last couple of days that light will be an issue soon for harder hides.many things I didn't consider