Printout of GA Cache Descriptions

Discussion about the Geocaching Australia web site
blossom*
3000 or more caches found

Printout of GA Cache Descriptions

Post by blossom* » 24 November 09 1:31 pm

Is there a nice way to print out the GA cache description including the detailed map, similar to the GC printer-friendly version?

I know this is a very backward question becasue most cachers simply upload everything to various technical gadgets. But I like to study the details of my target caches, I write notes on them beforehand and often jot down TB pick-ups and drop-offs while at GZ. I also like to use the map to navigate to the general vicinity. :roll:

Yes, yes, I know I can use a car-based navigator or whatever for getting there (but I don't have one) and I could load all the cache details into a whiz-bang gps (but I don't have one) and I can even log using various techincal gizmos but I don;t have any of them either.

Surprising as it might seem to most of you who are up with this modern equipment, I get my trusty compass out, read the co-ords off my gps and then work out which direction I need to walk(scramble, slip, slide) to get the numbers to go up or down the appropriate amounts! I rather enjoy the navigating aspect of caching this way, although I have sometimes loaded data into the gps and done the "go to" thing. Not so much fun though I reckon.

So I would love to be able to print out GA caches in a "Simple, no logs" format with a good definition map - is there a way?

caughtatwork

Re: Printout of GA Cache Descriptions

Post by caughtatwork » 24 November 09 1:48 pm

Is there a current way?

No. Well, none until just now.

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga1494

If you look to the right on the map you will see a printer icon Image Logs [None] [5] [10] [All]

Choose the number of logs you want and it will show you the print layout with a larger, more detailed map and the number of logs you have chosen.

Thanks for the suggestion to improve the site and usability.

Enjoy.

funkydan2
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found
Twitter: ds_says

Post by funkydan2 » 28 November 09 3:55 pm

Thanks from me too!

Did my first two GCA caches this week (haven't logged them yet as I haven't got the photos off my camera yet), and even though I'm not as techno-phobe as blossom, I'm still using paper until I get fed up with that and cough up the money for a pro account at GC.com.

blossom*

Post by blossom* » 02 December 09 1:30 pm

This is brilliant!Thanks so much C@W for providing this. I hope everyone will notice this little icon is on the cache page now and start to use it as they need.

I love the big map on the front and now I'll find it a heap easier to get a useful printout of all my GCA caches. I reckon I'll do a lot more with this useful tool :D =D>