4 weeks on a bike.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Bundyrumandcoke
5000 or more caches found

4 weeks on a bike.

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 15 March 09 12:51 am

Some may be aware that Mrs Bundy and I are off on a 4 week geocaching adventure on our bike. Departing for many points to the south and west on Friday 20th.

I have finally managed to get a blog up and running, so those that may like to follow our adventures, here is the link

http://www.expeditionaustralia.com.au/4weeksonabike/

If anyone sees us on the road, or out and about on our travels, please stop and say Gday.

Cheers
Bundy

S2333
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

Post by S2333 » 15 March 09 1:29 am

When you said bike I thought of the bicycle and I thought you are going to be pushing hard for a good 4 weeks but a motorbike will take you places.
I wish you good luck on your journey.

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 15 March 09 6:36 am

Blog looks good. Have a great trip!

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 15 March 09 7:22 am

Good looking blog :!: I am a jealous as :oops: :oops: if you come to Bathurst as you mention give us a call for a hot lap of the Mt Panorama and a few caches 8) cheers and ride safe :!: there are lots of crazy car drivers out there :wink:

Knot_gillty
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by Knot_gillty » 15 March 09 10:55 am

Have fun on the trip mate and be careful. Good luck with getting to 1000.

gypsycacher
750 or more caches found
750 or more caches found

Post by gypsycacher » 15 March 09 11:05 am

the bike and caching :D sounds ideal to me....

bookmarked the blog.... have a good trip 8) (you lucky buggers!)

ruzzelz
5500 or more caches found

Post by ruzzelz » 15 March 09 1:45 pm

First off thoughts were that is not a bike (at least in my geocycling terms) :wink: but then I read your blog - that is some bike. :roll:

Have a great trip. :D

Webguy
2100 or more geocaches found
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Webguy » 15 March 09 1:45 pm

Glad u got settled into that website, would love to see some pics of the bike trailer uploaded to the album before you go, easier to understand what you wrote about the trailer.

Have a great trip.

Everlasting
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Everlasting » 15 March 09 4:54 pm

Good Luck and Safe Trip.... <p>

Hope to see you at South Australia.

Camstal
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: Camstal

Post by Camstal » 15 March 09 5:44 pm

Have a safe trip Bundy!

Do you have a planned list of geocaches that you will attempt to find? If you do I guess you might have used the Caches along a Route feature as I see you are a Premium Member on GC.com.
OR are you just going to go to a wi-fi hotspot (e.g McDonalds) and do a postal code search?

It will be great to see how many caches you find on this trip!

Safe Travels,

Camstal

Sunshine Toledo

Post by Sunshine Toledo » 15 March 09 6:20 pm

Bundy; having met you at a breakfast in Wilston in Brisbane a couple of years ago, I was interested to see what you would do once you started planning this trip and putting it on the Forums. Last year, a friend and I drove down to Bendigo from Brisbane to collect a new caravan and intended to cache on the way down and back. Well, we had to stop caching as we were making no headway south and had to get some miles under our belt. I hope you have enough time to cache, enjoy the scenery and the trip and experiences. Have a safe trip and I will enjoy reading your blog.

pirate 63

Post by pirate 63 » 15 March 09 6:54 pm

aaarrgh!
iron horses ar ye' way to go bundy! take plenty of time to stop and smell ye' roses and take plenty of pic's.

ride safe and be careful of the dusk 'n' dawn rides.

Bundyrumandcoke

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » 15 March 09 9:33 pm

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It does seem a long trip, but when you divide 7000km by 30 days, you get roughly 230km per day. Not much when you look at it. Obviously some days will see nil travel, so thats where the extra K's on other days comes in.

I am using both Caches along a Route, and postcode PQ's for the cache planning. There are about 90 caches along the route we plan, thats up to 8km either side, up to about Peterborough in SA. Its another reason we are heading to Adelaide, given its cache density. Also the reason for hitting as many capital cities as possible. But, of course, its not about the numbers. We will probably take 2 days to do the Great Ocean Rd. The trip isnt all about caching, but it is a large part of it. You only have to get a good run, the Newell Hwy has such a run, to get some numbers up in a reasonable time. Just ask Everlasting, 17 caches in about 4 hrs, over a distance of 300km. It just happened to be a series of mine. Previous trips down to Newcastle have seem me get 25-30 a day for 4 to 5 days. I only have to get roughly 11 per day.

I will get some more detailed pics up of the bike and trailer setup. I havent played with posting pics on the blog yet, still part of the learning curve.

Cheers
Bundy

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 15 March 09 11:06 pm

Enjoy it mate. Wish I could take a month of in the Zook and head out. Driving holidays work for me as well, hate being stuck in one spot. Have a fun time out there and hope the weather is kind for riding.

Skippy&lambchops
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Skippy&lambchops » 16 March 09 8:52 am

Hi Bundy,

have you found a place to stay in Adelaide yet . I can recommend a couple of Caravan parks North East of Adelaide and I know all the great places to eat at :P

Give us a call when you arrive