Comdek and Crew - Very sad news

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Comdek and Crew
200 or more found
200 or more found

Comdek and Crew - Very sad news

Post by Comdek and Crew » 02 March 09 8:28 pm

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you all know, on Feb 11th Graham was killed in a car accident just outside Ballingup.
The Crew is coping as well as expected I guess, we are, as you can imagine, heartbroken.

Those who met Graham knew he was such a larger than life person, someone I expected to grow old with. We always planned to buy an old bus, do it up and geocache our way around Australia when our youngest finished school. He was just 49 years young and leaves behind 10 children (our youngest just turned 7), a grandson and me....
I am going to give his newest GPS to his son, with log on's etc to carry on their passion.
We have some travel bugs at the moment which we will get out soon so please be patient, just a week or so before they spent the day geocaching together, hence the stash of bugs, coins etc.

If Lee is unable to get them out I may have to call on someone local to help me out if that's possible.

Thanks for the years of fun you gave Graham, me and the crew, he was truly hooked! Regards Lynn & the Crew

<paragraphs and html cleaned up by mod>

gardengorilla
100 or more tracks walked

Post by gardengorilla » 02 March 09 10:16 pm

Oh my. Please accept my condolences and know that I'll keep you and your children in my thoughts.

arlorggen

Post by arlorggen » 03 March 09 3:42 am

Please accept my condolences and my thoughts are with you all.

listmaker
700 or more Caches found
700 or more Caches  found

Post by listmaker » 03 March 09 9:29 am

I'm so sorry. What a dreadful loss for you and your family.

TeamBeanDare
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by TeamBeanDare » 03 March 09 3:28 pm

Very Sad news...

I've always enjoyed a Comdek cache....

If you need any help feel free to get in touch. We'll be more than happy to help with maintenance etc.

TBD is shocked and saddened.

CaleD

Post by CaleD » 03 March 09 4:01 pm

Tragic news, very sad to hear :cry:

My best wishes to you and your family.

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 03 March 09 8:19 pm

Terribly sorry to hear this news even though I never knew Graham or yourself. My thoughts are with you from the other side of the country.

I did find and enjoy Jade's Cache on a trip to Perth last September, one of the few I have managed over there on work trips.

Comdek and Crew
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Comdek and Crew » 03 March 09 8:33 pm

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. Thanks for the offer TBD, we may be in touch....

Things have been pretty hectic here, Graham and I had bought our own courier business just 8 months ago, running from Manjimup to Bunbury and return each day, the accident happened just 50 minutes after he left home, he had already had several stops, the last being just 10 minutes (and lots of roadworks) before the accident. We still really aren't sure what happened, awaiting news from the coroners report to hopefully shed some light on what caused the accident. He died instantly, so there are small mercies. The business is staying in the family with our eldest daughter and her partner taking over the day to day running, so with barely time to grieve we are back at work.... We sent Graham off with a 'celebration of life' service in our paddock.... seemed fitting, it was his favourite place in the world. Our littlest one Jade, who is 7, calls it 'Daddy's Party' complete with live (blues) music, BBQ and LOTS of bourbon, he would of loved it!

Thanks again everyone, Lynn x

Team 3BE~NG

R.I.P Graham

Post by Team 3BE~NG » 05 March 09 8:23 pm

Very sad news Lynn, my condolences to you and your family.
I had the pleasure of meeting Graham one day when I bumped into him and one of your sons on our way to the
"Ravenswood Rest" cache. Needless to say we partnered up to do the cache and we had a good chat. He was a
great bloke and I'm sure he'll be sadly missed.
All the best,
Mal

Gunn Parker
400 or more spectacular views seen
400 or more spectacular views seen

Post by Gunn Parker » 05 March 09 9:14 pm

We are so very sorry to hear of your loss. Please look after your self.
Andrew & Wendy

Two+Four
200 or more found
200 or more found

Post by Two+Four » 06 March 09 10:45 am

Sorry to hear of your loss, we have enjoyed all of your caches that we have found so far and will redouble our efforts to find the rest.

Tealby
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by Tealby » 07 March 09 6:32 am

Please allow me to add my condolences to your family too - what a devastating thing to happen to a family, but it sounds like Graham was farewelled in fine fashion.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Graham, but I did come into contact with him via a couple of his caches very early in my caching career. In particular, Son of Rattus made a big impression on me & I decided to create something in a similar vein. I contacted Graham to see if he had any problems with this and he was very happy for me to copy his idea (and my Brother of Rattus cache was subsequently published) - he gave me some other ideas too. For anyone who has found both Comdek's and my caches, I think you would realise that he has been a big influence on my hiding techniques - not bad for someone I have never met & only exchanged a few emails with!

Everlasting
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by Everlasting » 07 March 09 9:33 am

Tragic news, very sad to hear. Please allow me to add my condolences to your family too.<p>

My best wishes to you and your family.

belken

Post by belken » 08 March 09 10:39 pm

We only check in here on occasions and this news made Belinda and I very sad.

We may only have met you the once but it was a great day. Hope all goes well in the future.