Paper-less caching for girl-geeks.

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
svn07
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Paper-less caching for girl-geeks.

Post by svn07 » 14 February 09 4:11 pm

<p>A lovely little number for the tech-chicks :D out there...and the boys in touch with their femi-nerd side :wink: .....<p>

http://www.shopping.hp.com/minivt/<p>Oooooo, s-h-i-n-y!!<p>
Alas, only hours left on the special offer :cry:

Team Wibble
2100 or more geocaches found

Post by Team Wibble » 14 February 09 5:22 pm

I find it pretty insulting that they go into a lot of detail about the design but tell you almost nothing about the technical specs....

Why would I spend so much money on something that I know so little about?

Much better option is to buy a real computer (a eee or Aspire one fits in your average handbag) and pretty it up with something from here:
http://www.gelaskins.com/

Team Jeckyl
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Team Jeckyl » 14 February 09 5:29 pm

Cute! If I didn't have an eee I'd have to have one :lol: :lol: :lol:
MrsJ

crane2
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by crane2 » 14 February 09 5:44 pm

I love the gelaskins - thanks for the tip - now just have to decide which one(s)!!

Team Wibble

Post by Team Wibble » 14 February 09 6:13 pm

crane2 wrote:I love the gelaskins - thanks for the tip - now just have to decide which one(s)!!
Definitely buy a few. Justifies the cost in shipping and then you can change the look of your computer (or ipod etc) on a whim!

forthferalz
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by forthferalz » 23 February 09 12:39 am

yum ( if you need to ask about specs you are missing the point :) but yeah gelaskin it and you can match your shoes

svn07
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by svn07 » 23 February 09 6:33 am

forthferalz wrote:yum ( if you need to ask about specs you are missing the point :) but yeah gelaskin it and you can match your shoes
<p><p>
Indeed! Don't think the "gals" in the coffee shop are to concerned with specs - so long as the email is as fast as the latte I guess. :wink:

TeamAstro
5000 or more caches found
5000 or more caches found

Post by TeamAstro » 23 February 09 9:33 pm

Team Wibble wrote:I find it pretty insulting that they go into a lot of detail about the design but tell you almost nothing about the technical specs....

Why would I spend so much money on something that I know so little about?

Much better option is to buy a real computer (a eee or Aspire one fits in your average handbag) and pretty it up with something from here:
http://www.gelaskins.com/
Boy - but you should see the size of Wibble's handbag though :roll:

Team Wibble

Post by Team Wibble » 24 February 09 9:18 am

svn07 wrote:
forthferalz wrote:yum ( if you need to ask about specs you are missing the point :) but yeah gelaskin it and you can match your shoes
<p><p>
Indeed! Don't think the "gals" in the coffee shop are to concerned with specs - so long as the email is as fast as the latte I guess. :wink:
Ahh, but the topic used the term "girl geeks". If you're a "gal" in a coffee shop and aren't concerned with specs, then sorry, you're not a girl geek.

As for the handbag thing, I said "fits in YOUR average handbag" not MY handbag. Miss Wibble generally does not carry a handbag, Miss Wibble carries a camera bag chock full of caching gear or a backpack.

For the true girl geeks, perhaps I should have re-worded it. It fits in your average "bag of holding"
:D

svn07
850 or more found!!!
850 or more found!!!

Post by svn07 » 24 February 09 1:35 pm

Team Wibble wrote:Ahh, but the topic used the term "girl geeks". If you're a "gal" in a coffee shop and aren't concerned with specs, then sorry, you're not a girl geek.
.....<p>
For the true girl geeks, perhaps I should have re-worded it. It fits in your average "bag of holding"
:D
<p><p>
Ah, very good point - pretenders - BAH! (but I must admit to being a shallow, wannabe girl geek who does love pretty/shiny things!)<p>
<p>
As for the "bag of holding", that's generally my pockets (unless I'm going for a serious walk) so I'm rather fond of my iPod with cache notes - those gelaskins look amazing! (Although it would cover up the shiny hot pink - goodness me, the dilemma....*back-of-hand-to-forehead*) :wink: