Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
The Coffee's
4500 or more caches found

Post by The Coffee's » 22 January 09 9:54 pm

the farmers 5 wrote:Thanks for the nomination.There are over 1100 beds available in my home at Wagga Wagga, It can be a busy place at Easter so if you feel comfortable ,book early.
:shock: <p>
Just put me down for the master ensuite room please and I'll have the breakfast in bed option as well.<br>
Do you have Foxtel and Wifi?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

roostaman
10000 or more caches found
10000 or more caches found

Post by roostaman » 22 January 09 10:26 pm

Well said Mr Coffee. :roll:

Now, that I would like to SEE ! ! ! :shock:

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 22 January 09 10:39 pm

Don't speak too soon. It's a long way off so don't know if I will still have access to what I do now. If I do then there will be a WiFi access point backhauling through Telstra 3G. At no cost to me or the company I work for!

Heck, the supplier has left me the Moovera box for about 9 months now in case I ever need to demo it. I just use the 3G card in the laptop when travellling or need to look up the cache notes on the road. Off to Brisbane tomorrow for 3 days and will be using that to stay in touch.

I don't do demos, I'm engineering not sales. But it is from the company I used to work for, who I still get on well with.

the farmers 5
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 22 January 09 10:49 pm

Just put me down for the master ensuite room please and I'll have the breakfast in bed option as well.<br>

Wont be time for Mr Coffee to sleep,we have you rostered onto four days of 24 hour shifts .Midnight to 6am guard duty ,then the rest of the time managing marble filled jar guessing competitions.Fresh orange coloured overalls each day will be the highlight though!!!

trunksnsuch
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE

Post by trunksnsuch » 23 January 09 5:16 pm

Had a roam through the list of people who are coming and I wasn't there ... hmmm ... I hit a button somewhere to say I'd be there but just to confirm - I wouldn't miss it for the world. Trunks (& such) will be there with camper, hope we can pull up a bit of grass. Are geohounds welcome? In the history of Australian Geocaching - this is a "do not miss" event.

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 23 January 09 5:50 pm

the farmers 5 wrote:Just put me down for the master ensuite room please and I'll have the breakfast in bed option as well.<br>

Wont be time for Mr Coffee to sleep,we have you rostered onto four days of 24 hour shifts .Midnight to 6am guard duty ,then the rest of the time managing marble filled jar guessing competitions.
<p>
Oh the things I can get up to between midnight and 6am, it is amazing what one can do to one's campsite whilst they are sleeping (Mmm Tassie pprass. :roll: ).<p>
On the marbles side I have a more devious cache planned, but will need a volunteer from each state to help with my plans. :twisted: :evil: .<p>
On the Marbles side I can be bribed for numbers but what could I be offered that I could not refuse :?: :?: .<p>
Roll on "Mega Mega Wagga Wagga Geocaching Caching Event 2010"

Mr Router
1500 or more caches found

Post by Mr Router » 23 January 09 6:29 pm

roostaman wrote:Well said Mr Coffee. :roll:

Now, that I would like to SEE ! ! ! :shock:

:idea: :idea: :idea:
I'll have what he is having :lol: :lol:

Phetlern

Post by Phetlern » 24 January 09 12:12 pm

Thought we'd better indicate our intention to attend after hearing about this activity at a Victorian Event in November.

Two adults and a van - staying at the event site if power available, otherwise nearest CV park, which is?

Thanks for taking the initiative to get this form of Geocaching activity launched.

the farmers 5
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 24 January 09 3:43 pm

Thanks Phetlern for the intent to an exciting event.The campsite is not a powered site.All outside accomodation and caravan parks can be found on the Wagga Wagga Tourism website.This will be also available on one of many links on the Mega event page when officially listed around the end of April.If you do want to know the closest 2 caravan parks now for enquires,they are.1/.Easts Riverview Holiday Park.,93 Hammond Ave .Toll Free number is 1800674444.........2/..Wagga Wagga Beach Caravan Park..0269310603..2 Johnston St. Both are only 10 minutes from the Kurrajong Reserve in central Wagga,with reasonable rates and both recommended as they are next to the Murrumbidgee River.Cheers,Greg.

The Coffee's

Post by The Coffee's » 24 January 09 4:57 pm

the farmers 5 wrote:Thanks Phetlern for the intent to an exciting event.The campsite is not a powered site.All outside accomodation and caravan parks can be found on the Wagga Wagga Tourism website.This will be also available on one of many links on the Mega event page when officially listed around the end of April.If you do want to know the closest 2 caravan parks now for enquires,they are.1/.Easts Riverview Holiday Park.,93 Hammond Ave .Toll Free number is 1800674444.........2/..Wagga Wagga Beach Caravan Park..0269310603..2 Johnston St. Both are only 10 minutes from the Kurrajong Reserve in central Wagga,with reasonable rates and both recommended as they are next to the Murrumbidgee River.Cheers,Greg.
<p>
The Farmers 5 tourism and camping company is able to book all your accommodation needs :shock: , phone 1300 farmers5 today for a pre-event launch discount. :lol: :lol: . As they are throwing in free coffee for breakfast I booked 500 rooms in advance. :D :D :lol:

squalid
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found

Post by squalid » 24 January 09 11:24 pm

Squalid will be there - 2 adults. Not too sure where we'll stay... Better check with our Geomates. Probably camp on site.

Phetlern

Post by Phetlern » 25 January 09 9:22 am

the farmers 5 wrote:Thanks Phetlern for the intent to an exciting event.The campsite is not a powered site.All outside accomodation and caravan parks can be found on the Wagga Wagga Tourism website.This will be also available on one of many links on the Mega event page when officially listed around the end of April.If you do want to know the closest 2 caravan parks now for enquires,they are.1/.Easts Riverview Holiday Park.,93 Hammond Ave .Toll Free number is 1800674444.........2/..Wagga Wagga Beach Caravan Park..0269310603..2 Johnston St. Both are only 10 minutes from the Kurrajong Reserve in central Wagga,with reasonable rates and both recommended as they are next to the Murrumbidgee River.Cheers,Greg.
Thanks for the inside information Greg, makes it so much easier to make a booking given there look like being other events in the town at the same time.

ben...
50 or more caches found
50 or more caches found
Twitter: benbrwp

Post by ben... » 25 January 09 11:30 am

will mark this one down, 2 adults 1 child. Will be attending with our camper trailer.

Note re: power, as ive seen no power on site, but what is the generator policy? i dont normally pack it, but might come in handy if it able to be run during certain times?

the farmers 5

Post by the farmers 5 » 25 January 09 12:16 pm

Thanks Ben for the family entry.Its building to be a "Dont Miss" event and will be the envy of the Mega Event World when the full exciting itinery is released around the end of April.We are very close to 400 entries now ,so well done.
You will be able to use your generator at the camp as many others will be too.There will be a "code of conduct" sheet in one of the free gift bags explaining all the camp rules including generators.
This morning at 9 a.m.,we placed a cache in the one of the 2 reserves as part of the exciting finish of the TB Race organised by Delboy1203 of Melbourne with the race from South Africa to Wagga Wagga/Australia.
Whilst there we had a good look around the perimeters of the 15 acre main reserve and although there is no power ,there is 12 water taps located on 1m square slabs spread out every 100m or so for all campers.These are hooked up the town water .
After a few requests ,the committee will be opening up a forum topic in a few weeks to answer a few "Event/Campsite" questions.
One other point Ben ,could you please help us out with your profile and maybe place your town,city or state your live in ,on the profile as many profiles only have a small town listed or a funny "one liner" but we are not sure even what state they are from.Thanks.Cheers.Greg.

Mr Router

Post by Mr Router » 25 January 09 3:38 pm

Numbers over 400 :shock: competition will be tough :!: