Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
SamCarter
1400 or more caches found
1400 or more caches found

Post by SamCarter » 09 November 08 8:29 pm

It's pencilled in for me - 1A, camping. May depend on my Scouting commitments ... or maybe I'll bring the Scouts as well (some of them are into caching)! I did offer to chauffeur SG-3's three year old triplets ... but maybe that wouldn't be a good idea ... for any of us!

Hoojar
5000 or more caches found

Post by Hoojar » 10 November 08 2:27 pm

Wow, seems like a long way off, but I'll be out of Rovers (and DragonSkin commitments) by then, so Chip and I will pencil it in.

red tag
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by red tag » 10 November 08 3:00 pm

I am keen as mustard and think its great that you have the drive and the enthusiasm to put this together.

I might book a hotel in Wagga and at this stage its just me but mr red tag and a few little red tags may hopefully come as well.

Alansee

Post by Alansee » 10 November 08 7:38 pm

Just realised that I haven't replied here so count me in as a definite. I know that a lot of Vic Cachers are keen on it too and will be hopefully adding their responses very shortly.

Having had the pleasure of meeting up with several Wagga cachers very recently I am highly confident of the organisation and looking forward to a great event.

So many cachers to meet, so little time! :D

terryjack

Post by terryjack » 10 November 08 10:16 pm

Yes definitely, put down 1 for me, and i will try and get a few of my former fellow Northern Queenslanders to come down for trip, i can also help with anything i can be assistance with in helping this historic event. Will be staying in Wagga as i live in Wagga so no accom needed for me.

crane2
1500 or more caches found
1500 or more caches found

Post by crane2 » 11 November 08 12:26 am

put me down for 1. I'll probably stay in a hotel or motel.

The Rats

Post by The Rats » 11 November 08 9:40 am

The Rats will be there for sure. Put us down for 2A and 2K.<br>We'll be camping on site, probably in our camper/caravan.

mtrax

Post by mtrax » 11 November 08 1:51 pm

I wonder if you would get more publicity if people hosting event caches could mention it.
I think there is alot of cachers that haven't signed up to GCA and therefor won't be able to register interest.

gd___
1600 or more caches found
1600 or more caches found

Post by gd___ » 11 November 08 3:52 pm

I'll come +2, probably camping

Kiwi_Explorer
2250 or more geocaches found

Post by Kiwi_Explorer » 11 November 08 7:11 pm

Is it ok if some Kiwi's check in for this one too??? It would be a shame to miss out on all the fun - you did say MEGA Event?

2010 seems a long way off but the dates are good - fits in well with NZ school holidays. Might be a good opportunity to see somewhere other than the Gold & Sunshine Coasts. We are probably no further away from Wagga Wagga than the cachers from Queensland.

We will be in tentatively - 2 + 2. Not sure about camping though - don't you have snakes and stuff over there? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers

Kiwi_Explorer
Nelson, New Zealand
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid ... ca1a608c80

Alansee

Post by Alansee » 11 November 08 7:38 pm

Kiwi_Explorer wrote:Is it ok if some Kiwi's check in for this one too??? Not sure about camping though - don't you have snakes and stuff over there?
I am sure all would agree that it would be excellent to have some overseas representation - especially from NZ.

As for snakes - yes, we have them, and spiders, sharks, drop bears etc. But don't let that worry you, they don't eat much. :twisted:

Kiwi_Explorer

Post by Kiwi_Explorer » 11 November 08 7:51 pm

Yeah I hear that those Drop Bears can be really nasty. :D :D :D

I will spread the word about the event - I'm sure some other Kiwi's would be keen.

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 12 November 08 7:27 am

Once you avoid the " Wagga Dropbears",then at the campsite you will have to contend with some Green Geckos,....a Whitedog......"Skippy"....A tweety....a map monkey.......a pink pig.....some mooses.......a crane ....some "rats "....a roosta ..and .even an active Gopher !
Well done to the first nomination from NZ !With all those other nice comments by teams on the NZ forum,it shouldnt take long before the event sees some more "Kiwi's" :D Congrats on being the first international entry.

chefs on the run
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by chefs on the run » 12 November 08 11:17 pm

sounds good to me as long as I can get time off work we will be there, Head Chef +5. Probally stay nearby

baby&Mrs gopher

Post by baby&Mrs gopher » 13 November 08 9:20 pm

Mrs gopher and the baby as well as Freeunicorn will be attending the Christmas in the Ranges get together in the next 10 or so days.baby never learned to count. So we will try and entice some of the mexicans to show some interest. :lol: