Launching Australia's First Ever Mega Event-Wagga Wagga 2010

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Map Monkey
1050 or more caches found
1050 or more caches found

Post by Map Monkey » 07 November 08 9:29 pm

Yep, we'd do the long drive, 2 adults, 2 kids. Will be camping and caching :P

mm

pjamesk
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by pjamesk » 08 November 08 12:27 am

Sounds great how could we miss it

that will be two of us + jaktas

Gwennie1984
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Gwennie1984 » 08 November 08 8:55 am

Definately 1 adult.

However, I will try and drag Magpyre along and if that happens we will probably have a non-geocaching tagalong (hopefully by then we will have convinced him to get a registered name =P)

And most likely camping. The location looks great for this sort of thing.

Riverina Geocaching

Post by Riverina Geocaching » 08 November 08 12:30 pm

After only a few days of the POLL being open and the announcement being made there is at least 150 PEOPLE likely to attend this major event.
<br><br>
It is gathering momentum at a faster rate than we first expected.<br>
And the QLD contingent is extremely pleasing, so now it is up to the NSW & VIC teams to show them you can exceed their enthusiasm.
<br><br>
Please keep passing the word around and ask all your caching mates to log on here and register their interest so we can keep a tally of numbers and apply for the MEGA status as soon as possible.
<br><br>

crew 153
9000 or more caches found
9000 or more caches found

Post by crew 153 » 08 November 08 1:19 pm

You can add another 2A to the list at this stage. An excuse to get away would be great.

Echo
1800 or more caches found
1800 or more caches found

Post by Echo » 08 November 08 1:33 pm

Count us as a possible for 2 adults (camping if I can convince Spice that tents are not evil).
The only thing that will stop us is the fact that the Australian Kendo championships are also held on the Easter weekend (probably in Qld that year) & I am generally a state competitor, or have been for the last four years.

SG-3
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by SG-3 » 08 November 08 3:30 pm

OK, <b>firstly</b>, I'm about to embarrass myself enormously here:
</p>
Going by the pictures of the site shown on this post, and a few directions I gained by googling, I'm guessing the campsite is roughly 35 5.281S 147 27.528E ?
</p>
If so, then really ignorant "city-boy" question follows :oops: :
</p>
What are the big circles "scattered around the place", ie. 35 6.231S 147 31.961E ?
</p>
(Cue the locals going :roll: ) But seriously, what are they?
</p>

<b>Secondly:</b>
</p>
I must admit that I would love to be there, but have to say that I had a bit of a chuckle reading Roostaman's comment: "Some said they would need a place to FLY into, but we ask you to think clearly - would you really fly all your family and then hire a car to drive around caching for a weekend? "
</p>
The thought of the SG-3mobile with Six kids in the back (including, by then, three energetic three-year-olds), traveling 19 hours 49 mins is NOT thinking clearly!
</p>
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
</p>
Mind you, half of that time is "sitting" on a ferry... and the time <i>was</i> generated by google maps, who DOESN'T think clearly (taking you via Liawenee at Easter time!) Hmmm... must keep an eye out for when K-Mart has that twelve person tent on sale again.... :wink:
</p>
Seriously though, it may only be me, or me and the two oldest(?) but I'm interested... very interested... sorry I can't make more of a commitment at this stage!

the farmers 5
4500 or more caches found
4500 or more caches found
Location: Wagga Wagga,Riverina,NSW. Home of Australia's ......OZ MEGA WAGGA WAGGA..

Post by the farmers 5 » 08 November 08 3:53 pm

The circles you can see are part of the modern way "farmers" do many types of crops these days.If your thinking "crop circles',it looks like it, but its only innocent folk doing their things on large areas.I am sure they are in Tassie ,i see them everywhere in my travels.
The committee relises some teams will have vast travelling distances.Thats why we are giving 18 months notice for teams to organise holidays ,time off work and all that.
Teams have nominated in Perth and plenty from North Queensland already.So dont be afraid to nominate.If you cant make it as the time approaches,thats fine.We understand that will happen to some.But also hundreds more teams around Australia will join between now and April 2010.
Hope you can nominate
It will be exciting and a great chance to meet all the teams from around Australia.
Mega Event Committee.

Riverina Geocaching

Post by Riverina Geocaching » 08 November 08 4:42 pm

SG-3 wrote:</p>
Going by the pictures of the site shown on this post, ..... I'm guessing the campsite is roughly 35 05.281S 147 27.528E ?
</p>
SG-3 your presumption is very exact.<br><br>

For anyone else looking for the site on Google, these co-ords are THE MEGA EVENT CAMP SITE - S35 05.281 E147 27.528 <br><br>

TeamGeoPlesk
1350 or more caches found
1350 or more caches found

Post by TeamGeoPlesk » 08 November 08 5:02 pm

Teamgeoplesk would be very keen to attend this one, currently think i'm the only territorian planning on the pilgrimage... but we a re fairly nomadic atm and most likely will be back in vic by then. This is an 'If all goes well i will definantly be there.' There are two of us but might even rope in the geocousins which will make it two more. I will camp on site in a tent or the camper trailer (if i get round to buying it) :wink:

aussiepuschaks

Post by aussiepuschaks » 09 November 08 9:29 am

We're in for sure. 2A3C in a large tent (or maybe two by then) staying on the campground - I've seen quite a few of these scout camp grounds before (in Victoria) and I can assure all non-campers that the facilities are usually very good. Will pass this link onto several ACT and VIC cachers that I see haven't replied as yet - this is an awesome effort from the Riverina Geocaching crew.

andiamo
100 or more tracks walked
100 or more tracks walked

Post by andiamo » 09 November 08 10:24 am

Given all the enthusiam being shown, all things going well we will make the drive down, probably making a holiday of it. There will be two adults camping. :P

powellbruce
350 ? I am the lizard queen
350 ? I am the lizard queen

Post by powellbruce » 09 November 08 3:36 pm

Another one From qld giving it serious thought as others have said depends on the ability to get time off work. Would probably look at camping. 1 Adult

Lucy
3000 or more caches found
3000 or more caches found

Post by Lucy » 09 November 08 4:08 pm

At least 1 adult, likely 2 + 2, possibly another 2 + 1 if I can twist a few arms. Self sufficient caravan/camper + tent.

Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 09 November 08 7:12 pm

I'm sure we've replied elsewhere but we aim to be there.
2 Adults
Bringing the camper.