eTrex Venture cx won't turn on :(

Discussion about software such as GSAK, OziExplorer etc, as well as all things hardware, GPSrs, laptops, PDAs, paperless caching, cables etc
EvilDan

eTrex Venture cx won't turn on :(

Post by EvilDan » 03 November 08 9:26 pm

My GPS was working fine on the way to work this morning. Half way there I unplugged it from it's external power and turned it off, so I could plug my Bluetooth handsfree in to charge (they use the same mini usb plug).

Now it doesn't turn on. Nothing. Batteries are ok. Used the car power adaptor and a USB cable to the PC - again, nothing. Not a flicker, no startup beep, it's dead. It's about 17 months old.

HELP! :(

Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 04 November 08 7:00 am

try dropping it....no kidding, our etrex dies all the time, but a good smack against the steering wheel or a drop (not a throw) seems to bring it good again.

EvilDan

Post by EvilDan » 04 November 08 8:54 am

OK, I'll give it a go, otherwise I suppose I'll have to ring Garmin. May 07 purchase so only a few months out of warranty!! :(

EvilDan

Post by EvilDan » 05 November 08 12:32 pm

Returned to Garmin. $89 to repair or replace, and apparently this model wasn't available in Aust so if they replace it'll be a different model - and I believe the local equivalent doesn't have the same features :(

Spruce Mooses

Post by Spruce Mooses » 05 November 08 10:12 pm

what a bummer!! sorry the hint didn't help!