Lost and Found

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
TeamAstro
5000 or more caches found

Lost and Found

Post by TeamAstro » 20 June 04 10:05 pm

Lost and Found.

We all lose stuff. :(

However, sometimes you know where (approximately) you lose it Â…but you are never quite sure. I recently (like last week) lost my nice Bolle Sunnys near a cache (I think in Victoria). I had them tucked in my shirt, or over my head, and they must have fallen off when I looked under a bush or a logÂ…you know how it is. If anyone finds them, please, let me know. Not that I want them back or anythingÂ…Â…

Thanks in anticipation. Feel free to add here what you leave at a cache in the hope of getting it back!!

Clear skies. John, TeamAstro.

Freddo

Post by Freddo » 21 June 04 9:04 pm

I found a UHF at a cache last week. Fortunately I knew who lost it and was able to return.

Maybe there should be a lost and found section to the forum?

Team GeoCoopers
650 or more caches found
650 or more caches found

Post by Team GeoCoopers » 22 June 04 10:16 am

Astro, I feel your pain.
Back when I started caching I reverted to wearing those $30 chemist sunglasses. As couldn't justify $200 every few months each time I relised that I no longer had my sunnies a top of head :shock:

Took a plastic toy, left a pair of Bolle 8) and another plastic toy.

---
Jeremy
teamgeocoopers@jezza1.com

team unicycle
3500 or more caches found
3500 or more caches found

Post by team unicycle » 22 June 04 9:08 pm

Of course, there's also the story of a certain (single wheeled) team who left their dog at a cache :oops:

Damo.

Post by Damo. » 22 June 04 9:18 pm

I left my Magellan Meridian at a cache. It was night and I had no torch. Realised very quickly and spend 20 minutes foraging around in the dark in long grass to find it.

Biggles Bear
2200 or more geocaches found
2200 or more geocaches found

Re: Lost and Found

Post by Biggles Bear » 22 June 04 9:25 pm

TeamAstro wrote:Lost and Found.

We all lose stuff. :(

However, sometimes you know where (approximately) you lose it Â…but you are never quite sure. I recently (like last week) lost my nice Bolle Sunnys near a cache (I think in Victoria). I had them tucked in my shirt, or over my head, and they must have fallen off when I looked under a bush or a logÂ…you know how it is. If anyone finds them, please, let me know. Not that I want them back or anythingÂ…Â…

Thanks in anticipation. Feel free to add here what you leave at a cache in the hope of getting it back!!

Clear skies. John, TeamAstro.
Hey at lest you didn't hear them going under the front wheel of your car, as you backed out of a car park. Doh!!!

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 22 June 04 10:59 pm

First cache I ever tried when I lived back in Gosford I lost a pair of sunnies. Hunted everywhere but no cache, though in my defence there had been some big winds lately and everything had branches everywhere.

Anyway, lost the sunnies. Next log "found some sunglasses sitting almost on top of the cache so put them inside". Went back, still couldn't find it! At least they were a cheap pair.

Worst one I did was leave the cache bag at one near Robe SA. Realised about 6 hours later, went back and it was still there. Lucky as a fairly popular 4WD beach - luckily behind some scrub.

SNIFTER
500 or more caches logged

Post by SNIFTER » 22 June 04 11:38 pm

Leek is pretty good at leaving sunnies in the bush so you would make a good team. :lol:

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 23 June 04 12:01 am

Yep... so far I have lost 4 pairs of sunnies while geocaching... I just go back to the NSW Cancer Council and buy a new pair each time... I like to think of it as my contribution to a worthy charity...

6 months ago I invested in a cord that ties onto the sunnies and goes around my neck and I haven't lost a pair since... YET...

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 23 June 04 7:35 am

leek wrote:Yep... so far I have lost 4 pairs of sunnies while geocaching... I just go back to the NSW Cancer Council and buy a new pair each time... I like to think of it as my contribution to a worthy charity...

6 months ago I invested in a cord that ties onto the sunnies and goes around my neck and I haven't lost a pair since... YET...
it's been 6 months since you were near a real cache too;)

The Ginger Loon
450 or more roots tripped over
450 or more roots tripped over

Post by The Ginger Loon » 23 June 04 1:57 pm

swampgecko wrote:
leek wrote:Yep... so far I have lost 4 pairs of sunnies while geocaching... I just go back to the NSW Cancer Council and buy a new pair each time... I like to think of it as my contribution to a worthy charity...

it's been 6 months since you were near a real cache too;)
Dude 1: Hey Dude! Check out my awesome elephant repelling whistle!

Dude 2: Like Dude! There's no elephants around here.

Dude 1: See man, It like totally works!

leek
250 or more caches found
250 or more caches found

Post by leek » 23 June 04 5:39 pm

swampgecko wrote:it's been 6 months since you were near a real cache too;)
True... most of the more challenging caches I've attempted recently have been archived before we got there ;-)

TeamAstro

clear skies!

Post by TeamAstro » 23 June 04 11:01 pm

Re my lost sunniesÂ…. The sad thing is it took me about a week to realize I had lost themÂ…..after all I was in Victoria. I had not needed the sunnies since I left SAÂ… all I reached for when I braved the cold as I stepped out of the car was my raincoat!!!! Oh well!!! :shock: 8)

Clear skies (Yeah) John.

Hounddog

Post by Hounddog » 24 June 04 1:42 pm

I left my GPS behind once, but quickly realised it and returned. Of course my Jumper loss at "Warawee" is legendary. Never did get it back.

At "Nest" I lost my GPS in the swamp and spent over an hour finding it. The tide was rolling in by then but retreived it just in a nick of time.

Maybe we should all insure or GPSr's.

Things I have found at cache sites include. Stash notes. Glasses, dropped cache items, pens/ pencils. Even a dollar coin. No GPS's though.