Mirror mirror on the wall, who's most hideous of them all

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
SecretSquirrel-BJC
2700 or more caches found
2700 or more caches found

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's most hideous of them all

Post by SecretSquirrel-BJC » 20 August 08 6:16 pm

The GeoTalk show by Spindoc Bob is excellent - I am starting to become an avid fan - I have only really just recently begun to discover them. Even more recently, the XoE cache hints on GeoTalk will provide some good and well-deserved publicity for GeoTalk.

However in amongst those hints, there was an interesting segment on puzzle caches and Spindoc Bob actually said "...and some of these people are quite hideous - you know who I mean...Zytheran and SecretSquirrel-BJC..."

Shock! Horror! :shock: :shock: I didn't realize that I was that ugly! :shock: Oh, you mean the puzzles are hideous!!:lol: :lol:

I didn't know whether to be insulted :evil: or affirmed :D and honoured! To be mentioned in the same sentence as Zytheran was a surprise. Ok ok, some of my puzzles do tend to be a bit obscure or full of red herrings. I tried to make my "Get Smart" puzzle hideous but I wasn't totally successful. :wink:

I think that there are a LOT of really tough puzzles out there by lots of cachers and I was wondering if others could respond in this thread about HIDEOUS puzzles (from all over Australia) that they have solved. Hideously hard but with a elegant solution? No spoilers - just the experience.

:idea: Perhaps list the top ten HIDEOUS puzzles in your state, Australia, experience?!

nomad_penguin
2000 or more caches found
2000 or more caches found

Re: Mirror mirror on the wall, who's most hideous of them al

Post by nomad_penguin » 20 August 08 9:53 pm

SecretSquirrel-BJC wrote:To be mentioned in the same sentence as Zytheran was a surprise.
I wonder what that means?

Should Zytheran be insulted :evil: or affirmed :D or honoured :?:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

traineediplomat
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by traineediplomat » 21 August 08 5:17 pm

More importantly who is the best looking cacher out there??

OPEN CAN OF WORMS

swampgecko
It's all in how you get there....
It's all in how you get there....

Post by swampgecko » 21 August 08 6:04 pm

traineediplomat wrote:More importantly who is the best looking cacher out there??

OPEN CAN OF WORMS
Here's the best lookin' swap I have ever seen in a cache, and she was "left" in one of my caches...

Richary
8000 or more caches found
8000 or more caches found

Post by Richary » 21 August 08 10:30 pm

I am going to have to get a bigger backpack for carting the cache swaps out, as well as some really serious high quality things to swap equally for that offer :D

Hmmm, would a brand new satnav unit be a fair swap?

The Spindoctors

Post by The Spindoctors » 21 August 08 11:16 pm

Oppps! I didn't realise the Squirell would have time to listen. :oops:

Seriously, you, the Z man and several others out there get a lot of praise from other cachers including myself.

While some people don't enjoy puzzle caches, I believe they add an extra dimension to evergrowing diversity of this game. People like yourself help push the boundaries with your creativity and stop it from becoming bland and boring.

It's a bit like some of the early Sydney geocaches by i!, Team Chaos, EcoTeam and others.

My vote for most hideous ... tough call, but Lateral Thinking by Eynowd gave me the biggest ah ha moment, closely followed by Waterworks by Auscan1965.

Eynowd
500 or more caches logged
500 or more caches logged

Post by Eynowd » 17 September 08 12:34 pm

Spindoc Bob wrote:My vote for most hideous ... tough call, but Lateral Thinking by Eynowd gave me the biggest ah ha moment, closely followed by Waterworks by Auscan1965.
Yikes! I'm infamous...

Still proud of Lateral Thinking, but it's bigger, meaner brother, Thinking Laterally Again, is still my personal favourite.

I don't think I'm ever going to be able to top that one.

(If you're ever in New Mexico, there's a Thinking Laterally over there as well... GC1621W)