Team members in different places logging finds on same day

For all your general chit chat, caching or not.
Spruce Mooses
1000 or more caches found

Post by Spruce Mooses » 09 April 08 9:33 pm

At times in the spruce moose team we've had members in 3 different countries. The main members (shelly and adam) will sometimes cache together and sometimes alone, and will often just note that one of us found the cache in the log. On the few occasions Papa Moose (Shelly's dad) finds a cache overseas he will log it under our team, but noting his name. Saves him opening an account he would only use occasionally. If he was going out and getting hundreds of finds it might be a different story.

Caching is different things to different people, but for us a cache find is a cache find, irrespective of how many of the team are present at the time.

Another tip is to let the kids choose if they want their own names when they're old enough to write the logs, otherwise you end up typing it all again for them!

jabes7
300 or more found
300 or more found

Post by jabes7 » 25 April 08 5:01 pm

I sometimes take my 8yo nephew caching, but being a bit of a computer geek already, he wanted his own name. I help him with his logs because it doesn't happen that often. When he's older he might get into it more and then he'll have his early finds already there.

Sometimes he's the finder anyway, as I send him into the bushes and up the tree if I can get him to do it! :D

But whatever works for you, I say.

Team TnW
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

teams??

Post by Team TnW » 08 May 08 3:56 am

we have wondered as a team of a family of four ( 2A & 2K) how some teams get their numbers so high in such a short time - if a profile is a committee then so be it - but hard to 'compete' with when you only have the weekends to get out and about - still great fun, and they do give you something to aim for............................... Happy Caching

Spruce Mooses

Post by Spruce Mooses » 08 May 08 9:28 am

IMHO Caching should never be about Competing unless you've entered a game or competition.
There are no winners or losers in day to day caching. I don't think that was ever the intention of the game.
How teams keep a record of which ones they found shouldn't impact on any other teams.

traineediplomat
4000 or more? I'm officially obsessed.

Post by traineediplomat » 08 May 08 10:10 am

I second Sprucey's motion... :lol:

If you wanna have a whinge about how people are logging, 'playing', etc etc, then make your own rulebound geocaching website. otherwise, get out there and enjoy the fresh brisk winter air!

Team TnW
1 or more caches found
1 or more caches found

not what i was saying

Post by Team TnW » 08 May 08 5:33 pm

I wasnt saying its about the competition - merely its fun to see your number of caches found going up - and watching others in your area, see how many of the same sites you get etc - as newbies, was only curious on how some numbers went up so rapidly......

traineediplomat

Post by traineediplomat » 09 May 08 9:43 am

lots of peeps are Geocrazy...hahahahaha that's the answer.!